ALL >> Computers >> View Article
5 Best Practices For Ensuring Information Security
Total Articles: 49
Although every organization is aware of the importance of information security and implemented all security measures, there is still a newly invented cyber attack every now and then. However, if we as a individual and as a company follow a set of best practices, we can easily prevent any hazards to business data and information.
1. Passwords must be used like a toothbrush.
This metaphor can be interpreted as, like how a toothbrush must not be shared with anyone and must be changed every 6 months, similarly a password on business or individual devices must not be shared with others, and also periodically changing passwords keeps your device safe from intruders who are out there predicting probable passwords.
2. Backing-up all important data and information.
Any damage to information can cost proportional loss to your organization. In order to always ensure data prevention against contingencies like natural calamities, theft, loss due to technical glitches and device failures, we need to periodically make copies of crucial data and also protect those copies from intruders. Sometimes data loss due to snooping can only be detected with the help of appropriate technology in place.
3. Educating employees about security threats.
Employees are the mainstay of your business, if they do not comply with IT best practices, they may unintentionally cause security issues in your organization. It is thereby recommended to conduct training about the importance of information security and the dos and don’ts. Security threats like phishing and social engineering can easily be prevented when everyone is aware and alert.
4. Purchasing and implementing enterprise anti-virus software.
First, it is illegal to use free anti-virus software for business purposes, second a free anti-virus comes with no guarantee. In fact most free anti-virus softwares are seldom or never updated to catch latest viruses and malware. The price paid for enterprise anti-virus software is very less when measured against the value it delivers. It is updated periodically to prevent your business against the latest threats. An example of excellent cloud based anti-virus software is Trend Micro Worry free security.
5. Using secure internet connection.
Public and free internet access can be commonly found everywhere these days. However, a device with critical information like credit card information, username and password of Email accounts, business data etc should not be used in conjunction with public Wi-Fi. Intruders may get access to your device and ultimately all your information once while your device belongs to a public network. A secure connection is set up with a username and password and only authorized users can enter that network, this way we can easily trace back in case of any discrepancies.
By Unique Solutions of Advanced Technologies Inc
USATInc.com is the online presence of the company. They provide quality, reliable and cost effective IT Solutions that eliminate bottlenecks and frustration in running a business. USATInc.com is helping customers achieve success via custom software development, custom programming services, legacy applications management, IT consulting, and staff augmentation services. Their service offerings aimed to improve business operations, business efficiency and profitability.
Computers Articles1. How To Integrate Sales Form Online With Software For Business Enhancement
2. Stable Online Forms Service – Now At Your Doorsteps
3. Integrate Online Forms With The Help Of Salesforce Form Builder
4. Level Up Customer Interaction With Custom Salesforce Forms
5. Step-by-step Guide To Enter Www Norton Com Setup Product Key For Norton Setup
Author: Landy Corona
6. Resolving Microsoft Edge Browser Issues On Windows 10
Author: Ask Amy
7. The Significance And Assistances Of Computer Recycling
8. Things To Consider While Selecting T-shirt Designing Software For Apparel Business
Author: Pratik Shah
9. Safely Back Up All Your Data With Active@ Disk Image
Author: Ed Robinson
10. How Document Converter Software Helps In Ensuring Authenticity Of Converted Files?
Author: shashikant shukla
11. Best Tech Rental Services
12. Computer Smartphone Investigation Can Smartly Unravel The Truth Behind Your Suspicions
13. Fb Account Contact 1-850-316-4897 Technical Support For Facebook Group
Author: Parker Fourny
14. Get Technical Aid Via Facebook Tech Support Number 1-850-316-4897
Author: natali thomas
15. Learn How To Start Your Own Online Job Portal With Job Classified Script Portal
Author: sawati rawat