ALL >> Health >> View Article
Breast Reconstruction After Breast Cancer
Total Articles: 12
breast cancer, you can now get your breasts back
What are the different procedures done after breast cancer and what is right for me?
Breast implants, breast reduction and complex flaps from different parts of the body is what is done. Autologous fat transfer is by far the best procedure which helps you in getting back your normal breast appearance with near normal sensation. However, you could discuss with your doctor and get investigated thoroughly before taking a decision.
What are Implants, Flaps and Breast Regeneration techniques?
Implants involve two separate operations for lost breast and patient will recover two to four weeks after each procedure. Flaps involve one major operation and six to eight weeks for recovery. Breast Regeneration takes one to two hours for the procedure with minimal breast pain.
Are implants safe?
A variety of implants are available in the market. You need to choose the right doctor who'll use only approved implants, and never compromise on quality.
I’m suffering from breast cancer. What should I discuss with my doctor with regard to breast reconstruction?
Ask your doctor details about the type of surgery and possibility of radiation. If you are in the early stages then procedures like lumpectomy, nipple sparing and skin sparing surgeries are possible which will greatly help in giving you a more natural and normal appearance with the latest autologous fat transfer technique.
I’ve a family history of cancer. Can I undergo breast corrective surgery?
Recent trend shows that some women after discussing with their Oncologist/ Oncosurgeons are undergoing prophylactic mastectomy and rec o n s t r u c t i o n . Immediate reconstruction is a possibility one can consider and those interested should get in touch with a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon.
Will radiation affect the outcome of my reconstruction?
In fact, with the new techniques offered by us, the ill-effects of radiation on the skin and breast are significantly reduced and the condition will improve dramatically and we are trying to extend this to patients affected by radiation at other sites too.
I've had surgical removal (partial/total) of my breast(s) some time ago. Can I get reconstruction done?
Yes, you can opt for reconstruction.
Understanding all the complications of various procedures, AFT (Autologous Fat Transfer) for breast reconstruction is emerging as the best option worldwide.
For details, contact: Dr V K Srinagesh
And Dr V Sitalakshmi, Ojas Aesthetic, 1st floor above SBH, Plot
No.225, Road No.17, Jubilee Hills
Ph.: 23548827 or 9440846050/9866317666
Website: For more details please visit :ojasaesthetic
Health Articles1. Male Organ Pain: Are Barrier Protections To Blame?
Author: John Dugan
2. Know About The Key Responsibilities Of A Healthcare Support Worker
Author: Paige Rees
3. Smilex - The Place For Getting The Best Solution For Dental Issues
Author: Mohan Kumar
4. The Easiest Guide Ever To Get Fit & Healthy
5. Span Sure Medical Instruments Pvt. Ltd., Korea Automatic Thermal Massage Bed - Suppliers
Author: spansure medical
6. Midwives Acquire Nursing And Midwifery Programs To Fulfill Big Responsibilities
7. Specialties And Steps Involved In Elective Abroad Medical And Pre Medical Programs
8. Clinically Proven Solutions For Hairloss!!! Unfortunately Less Known!!!
9. How To Treat Gum Disease?
Author: Chris Hugh
10. Ways To Find The Best Chiropody Clinic
Author: The Harley Medical Foot and Nail Laser Clinic Lond
11. How A Good Parent Helps A Childcare Western Sydney
Author: Colleen Grenville
12. Top 30 Signs And Symptoms Of Adrenal Fatigue
Author: Peter Dobie
13. Male Organ Pain After Oral Sensual Activity: Urethritis?
Author: John Dugan
14. The Growing Relevance Of Mobile Massage Services In Albuquerque
Author: Bernadette Gongora
15. Now Natural Cure For Diabetes Is In Your Fingertips
Author: Salveo Life Sciences Limited