ALL » Computer-Programming >> View Article
Remote Computer Repair ScamsBy Expert Author: Alex Smith
In this highly technical world, everything is getting easy but risky at the same time. When you go online, do you think is it safe? No, it’s not. In order to get best computer security, you prefer to call remote computer repair professionals as they can suggest you strong antivirus. What if the savior becomes the attacker? Well, this is the new kind of trick adopted by scammers to fool users looking for tech support services. They used to call you claiming to be a remote computer repair expert from a reliable company and then started talking regarding your computer.
In general, you must be concerned about the viruses and other threats that can attack your PC. These fraudsters say that they have detected malware or virus on your computer which need to be removed immediately. Otherwise, the situation becomes worse. At that moment, you get worried regarding your computer safety and do as they say. Scammers fool you by offering fake security software, setting up fake websites and sending warning messages to convince you that your computer is infected. After that, they try to sell you the software so as to fix the problem. By taking your name and phone number from public directories, they call you. They can even make you believe that your legitimate files are viruses.
After convincing you:
• They ask for remote access to your computer so as to make changes to your settings.
• Make you join a worthless computer maintenance or warranty program.
• Ask about your credit card information so that they can charge you.
• Trick you to install malware to steal sensitive data like passwords and usernames.
• Direct you to websites that can ask you to enter credit card number and other details.
Tips to prevent such situations:
• Never give remote access to a third party support.
• Don’t believe callers on the basis of their caller ID.
• Don’t give your credit card information to any remote computer repair expert.
• If the caller is forcing you to buy any computer security product then don’t believe them blindly.
• Never give your password over the phone.
If you have already responded to such situations:
• Update or download legitimate security software.
• Change your passwords.
• If you have made the payment, call your credit card provider for reversing the charges.
• In case, someone has accessed your personal or financial information then visit FTC’s identity theft website.
• File your complaint immediately at ftc.gov/complaint.
These remote computer repair scams can make you a victim anytime. Thus, it is your responsibility to be careful regarding those scammers. Always check twice before trusting any call. Fraudsters are ready to trap you. Don’t let them fool you.
Techvedic inc is a Tech Support company, provides Remote Computer Repair, computer repair, online computer repair, pc repair in the UK, US, Australia, Canada and India.
Computer Programming Articles1. How The Uber Ios App Clone Is Changing The Way The World Thinks And Operates
Author: Frances Harper
2. Out With The Old, In With The New, Let’s Welcome The Uber App Clone
Author: Felica Carroll
3. Computer Repair Service In Florida
4. Aquel Alquiler Coche Barato Alicante Atinge Un Tirafondo Acromático
Author: Gina Kohler
5. All That You Need To Know About The Process Of Auction Checkout
Author: Albert Denomme
6. Donde Alquiler De Coches En Alicante Acogolla Este Osco Undécuplo
Author: Pamala Hanes
7. Que Alquiler Coche Barato Valencia Se Entrecruza Ese Permiso Pensador
Author: Katharina Jolley
8. Un Alquiler De Coche En Alicante Abarraja Un Hiperónimo Vasodilatador
Author: Marko Angliss
9. El Alquiler De Coches En Mallorca Que Acolita Por Lo Que Respecta A Este Hotel
Author: Staci Commons
10. Should Our Church Build A Custom Church App? Nashville, Tn.
Author: Michael Brody
11. Using 6 Basic Charts To Create Effective Reports
Author: Paul Andrews
12. Challenges And Solutions In Testing Banking Applications
Author: Roberto Romello
13. Learn Selenium Online – Selenium Automation Testing
Author: Mind Q Online
14. How The Birth Of Uber Has Set Up An On-demand Revolution
Author: Archie Cadell
15. It Support Centre