ALL >> Computer-Programming >> View Article
Remote Computer Repair Scams
Total Articles: 171
In this highly technical world, everything is getting easy but risky at the same time. When you go online, do you think is it safe? No, it’s not. In order to get best computer security, you prefer to call remote computer repair professionals as they can suggest you strong antivirus. What if the savior becomes the attacker? Well, this is the new kind of trick adopted by scammers to fool users looking for tech support services. They used to call you claiming to be a remote computer repair expert from a reliable company and then started talking regarding your computer.
In general, you must be concerned about the viruses and other threats that can attack your PC. These fraudsters say that they have detected malware or virus on your computer which need to be removed immediately. Otherwise, the situation becomes worse. At that moment, you get worried regarding your computer safety and do as they say. Scammers fool you by offering fake security software, setting up fake websites and sending warning messages to convince you that your computer is infected. After that, they try to sell you the software so as to fix the problem. By taking your name and phone number from public directories, they call you. They can even make you believe that your legitimate files are viruses.
After convincing you:
• They ask for remote access to your computer so as to make changes to your settings.
• Make you join a worthless computer maintenance or warranty program.
• Ask about your credit card information so that they can charge you.
• Trick you to install malware to steal sensitive data like passwords and usernames.
• Direct you to websites that can ask you to enter credit card number and other details.
Tips to prevent such situations:
• Never give remote access to a third party support.
• Don’t believe callers on the basis of their caller ID.
• Don’t give your credit card information to any remote computer repair expert.
• If the caller is forcing you to buy any computer security product then don’t believe them blindly.
• Never give your password over the phone.
If you have already responded to such situations:
• Update or download legitimate security software.
• Change your passwords.
• If you have made the payment, call your credit card provider for reversing the charges.
• In case, someone has accessed your personal or financial information then visit FTC’s identity theft website.
• File your complaint immediately at ftc.gov/complaint.
These remote computer repair scams can make you a victim anytime. Thus, it is your responsibility to be careful regarding those scammers. Always check twice before trusting any call. Fraudsters are ready to trap you. Don’t let them fool you.
Techvedic inc is a Tech Support company, provides Remote Computer Repair, computer repair, online computer repair, pc repair in the UK, US, Australia, Canada and India.
Computer Programming Articles1. Customized E-commerce Portal
Author: cs infotech
2. In Java , How Can We Inherit The Constructor
3. Magento Ecommerce: The Perfect Fit For Your B2b Ecommerce Website
Author: Jonathan Paul
4. Put Things In Proper Perceptions With Contract Management Software
Author: James Blake
5. In Java How To Control The Members With In The Class To Access Outside
6. Oops Concept Beginning And Important Steps Of Java Developers
7. 2 Most Important Factors To Take Care Of For An Impactful Web Design
8. Career Options For Java Learners To Make Bright Career
9. Servlet To Develop The Web Application Dynamically
10. Jvm Plays An Important Role In Execution Of Java Program
11. Techno - Software Maintenance Company
Author: Mr Paul James
12. Multithreading To Perform Multiple Task Simultaneously
13. 8 Tips For Your Ecommerce Mobile App Development
Author: Raju Katari
14. 2 Handy Solutions To Fix Erratic Scrolling Issue In Outlook
Author: sophia ellen
15. Intelegain - Best Place To Get A Web App As Per Your Choice
Author: Jack Webber