ALL >> Computer-Programming >> View Article
Remote Computer Repair Scams
Total Articles: 171
In this highly technical world, everything is getting easy but risky at the same time. When you go online, do you think is it safe? No, it’s not. In order to get best computer security, you prefer to call remote computer repair professionals as they can suggest you strong antivirus. What if the savior becomes the attacker? Well, this is the new kind of trick adopted by scammers to fool users looking for tech support services. They used to call you claiming to be a remote computer repair expert from a reliable company and then started talking regarding your computer.
In general, you must be concerned about the viruses and other threats that can attack your PC. These fraudsters say that they have detected malware or virus on your computer which need to be removed immediately. Otherwise, the situation becomes worse. At that moment, you get worried regarding your computer safety and do as they say. Scammers fool you by offering fake security software, setting up fake websites and sending warning messages to convince you that your computer is infected. After that, they try to sell you the software so as to fix the problem. By taking your name and phone number from public directories, they call you. They can even make you believe that your legitimate files are viruses.
After convincing you:
• They ask for remote access to your computer so as to make changes to your settings.
• Make you join a worthless computer maintenance or warranty program.
• Ask about your credit card information so that they can charge you.
• Trick you to install malware to steal sensitive data like passwords and usernames.
• Direct you to websites that can ask you to enter credit card number and other details.
Tips to prevent such situations:
• Never give remote access to a third party support.
• Don’t believe callers on the basis of their caller ID.
• Don’t give your credit card information to any remote computer repair expert.
• If the caller is forcing you to buy any computer security product then don’t believe them blindly.
• Never give your password over the phone.
If you have already responded to such situations:
• Update or download legitimate security software.
• Change your passwords.
• If you have made the payment, call your credit card provider for reversing the charges.
• In case, someone has accessed your personal or financial information then visit FTC’s identity theft website.
• File your complaint immediately at ftc.gov/complaint.
These remote computer repair scams can make you a victim anytime. Thus, it is your responsibility to be careful regarding those scammers. Always check twice before trusting any call. Fraudsters are ready to trap you. Don’t let them fool you.
Techvedic inc is a Tech Support company, provides Remote Computer Repair, computer repair, online computer repair, pc repair in the UK, US, Australia, Canada and India.
Computer Programming Articles1. Overview And Features Of Java
Author: Become a Java programmer by joining Advanced Java
2. Pridesys It Ltd | Best Erp Software In Bangladesh | Garments Software Bangladesh
Author: A S M Rahat Khan
3. It Organizations Are Choosing H2s Training? Why
Author: Hrithvik Pankaj
4. Top 10 Php Tips For Web Developers
5. Finding The Right Mobile App Development Company For Your Business
Author: Shawn Bennet
6. Everything You Need To Understand To Start With Angularjs
Author: Ascent Softwae
7. How Is A Mobile App Development Team Set Up?
Author: Amit Tiwari
8. 10 Mistakes What Android Developers Do
9. How To Troubleshoot Microsoft “click-2-run Configuration Failure” Error?
Author: Ellie Williams
10. 10 Killer Tools For Web Designing Coding
11. Which Is A Pforessional Manufacturer Of Fine Chemical
12. Difference Between Mongodb And Couchbase
13. Effecting Better Response Through E-mail
Author: Uma Maheshwari
14. Explain In Detail About Java Virtual Machine
15. Android O: Looming Features To Look For In This Updated Android Version
Author: SAkina ArShad