ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Division Of Parental Responsibilities After A Divorce
Total Articles: 136
Parental responsibility is a term which covers all the duties, powers, rights and authority which the law bestows on parents, in respect of the child. This means that if you are a parent having parental responsibility, you have all the powers for making right decisions in connection with development of your child. This article will define the parental responsibilities after divorce to ensure that they are in the child’s best interests.
After separation or divorce, parents must communicate with each other to work out how they will discharge their parental duties and roles. They need to divide their responsibilities and make their own parenting arrangements. Most of the divorcing couples are able to sort out their roles and responsibilities towards their child; while others may find it tough to decide on issues such as with whom the child will stay and who will be responsible to fulfill their daily needs and support them financially for education, sport activities, etc. It is tougher for parents to decide about the children when they are coping with mental sickness, drug abuse, or violence between mother and father.
The prevalent rule in United States compels the parents to share their responsibilities after getting separated or divorce, if it is not detrimental to the child’s interests. This is known as shared parental responsibility and it aims at keeping both the parents actively involved in child’s development, progress and life. This eliminates the labels of "primary responsibility", "secondary responsibility", etc thereby giving them equal chance to upbring the child.
Parents may discuss their responsibilities and take up important decisions affecting the child. These decisions are vital and determine the child’s development in terms of schooling, medical treatment, long distance tours, doctors, religion, child care amenities, etc. If the children are elder, these decisions may involve matters including part-time job, leaving or joining new school or college, driving, etc.
A proper parenting plan is designed in Florida for all the cases even where parents have agreed for joint custody of child. A parenting plan must be made after considering the following details:
• How parents will divide the responsibilities related to daily tasks involved with the development of the child.
• Schedule deciding the time spent by the child with each parent
• Deciding about who will look after the health care and education matters
• The methods used by parents to communicate with the child
If you are dealing with divorce or child custody issues, you may rely on the expertise of Elaine M. Simon, who is a proficient family attorney in Palm Beach County. She is also known as the best equitable distribution lawyer in Palm Beach County and is dedicated to fight for your best interests. Her areas of practice include divorce, alimony, child support, premarital agreements, paternity, shared parental responsibility, relocation, contempt, division of assets and valuation, marital settlement agreements, etc. To contact Elaine Simon, please visit the website simonfamilylaw.com and schedule appointment to discuss your legal claims.
Legal Articles1. What To Look For While Searching For Best Corporate Law Firms In London?
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
2. 5 Questions To Ask Before Hiring A Personal Injury Attorney In Albuquerque
Author: Daniel Estes
3. Know What Personal Injury Attorney In Camden County Guides To Your Injury Claims
Author: Howard N Sobel
4. Trustee And Beneficiary Fight Over Interpretation Of Their Father’s Trust…..yet Again
Author: Noelle Minto
5. Myths Debunked On Your Personal Injury Case & Injury Attorney Basking Ridge Nj
Author: Gregg Wisotsky
6. Engaging The Most Professional & Experienced Attorney For Injury Litigations
Author: Chris Thayer
7. Documents To Show Your Delaware County Car Accident Attorney After An Accident
Author: Timothy Barnard
8. Questions You Must Ask Before You Hire Any Real Estate Attorney Wilmington, De
Author: Timothy B. Barnard
9. Things That Indicate You Need A Tax Lawyer
Author: Lester Ong
10. Are You In Need Of A Green Card Lawyer?
Author: Miguel Miller
11. Rafton Family Lawyers
Author: Kate Rafton
12. How To Renewal Itin
13. What You Need To Know About Lawyers In Perth?
Author: Lester Ong
14. The Farjami & Farjami Llp Is The Best Law Firm To Protect Your Intellectual Property
15. Hire Best Traffic Ticket Lawyer Houston To Prove Your Point In The Court