ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Division Of Parental Responsibilities After A DivorceBy Expert Author: Allen Hill
Parental responsibility is a term which covers all the duties, powers, rights and authority which the law bestows on parents, in respect of the child. This means that if you are a parent having parental responsibility, you have all the powers for making right decisions in connection with development of your child. This article will define the parental responsibilities after divorce to ensure that they are in the child’s best interests.
After separation or divorce, parents must communicate with each other to work out how they will discharge their parental duties and roles. They need to divide their responsibilities and make their own parenting arrangements. Most of the divorcing couples are able to sort out their roles and responsibilities towards their child; while others may find it tough to decide on issues such as with whom the child will stay and who will be responsible to fulfill their daily needs and support them financially for education, sport activities, etc. It is tougher for parents to decide about the children when they are coping with mental sickness, drug abuse, or violence between mother and father.
The prevalent rule in United States compels the parents to share their responsibilities after getting separated or divorce, if it is not detrimental to the child’s interests. This is known as shared parental responsibility and it aims at keeping both the parents actively involved in child’s development, progress and life. This eliminates the labels of "primary responsibility", "secondary responsibility", etc thereby giving them equal chance to upbring the child.
Parents may discuss their responsibilities and take up important decisions affecting the child. These decisions are vital and determine the child’s development in terms of schooling, medical treatment, long distance tours, doctors, religion, child care amenities, etc. If the children are elder, these decisions may involve matters including part-time job, leaving or joining new school or college, driving, etc.
A proper parenting plan is designed in Florida for all the cases even where parents have agreed for joint custody of child. A parenting plan must be made after considering the following details:
• How parents will divide the responsibilities related to daily tasks involved with the development of the child.
• Schedule deciding the time spent by the child with each parent
• Deciding about who will look after the health care and education matters
• The methods used by parents to communicate with the child
If you are dealing with divorce or child custody issues, you may rely on the expertise of Elaine M. Simon, who is a proficient family attorney in Palm Beach County. She is also known as the best equitable distribution lawyer in Palm Beach County and is dedicated to fight for your best interests. Her areas of practice include divorce, alimony, child support, premarital agreements, paternity, shared parental responsibility, relocation, contempt, division of assets and valuation, marital settlement agreements, etc. To contact Elaine Simon, please visit the website simonfamilylaw.com and schedule appointment to discuss your legal claims.
Legal Articles1. Injured In A Slip And Fall - When To A Hire A Lawyer?
2. Guidelines To Choosing The Best Law Firm For Your Business
Author: Charles Silver
3. Personal Injury Law Firms - Getting The Right Slip And Fall Lawyer
4. Basic Need To Knows For Slip And Fall Lawyers
5. The Sydney Family Law Mediation Can Help To Resolve Disputes In A Friendly Manner
6. Truck Accident Attorney – Top 5 Things To Look For
7. Seat Belt Injury Law - What You Need To Know
8. Third Party Negligence- Hire A Personal Injury Law Firm
Author: Mark Joshes is the author of this Article.
10. How To Get Effective Legal Compensation For Ivc Filter Injury Case In Texas?
Author: Nick Feizy
11. Why Hiring A Wrongful Death Lawyer Is Very Important
12. Top Orange California Personal Injury Lawyer Announcing New Office Location And Free Case Evaluation
13. Contact Experienced Houston Dwi Lawyer To Prove Your Innocence In The Court
14. Succession Planning And Forensic Accounting: Need For Professional Services!
15. Clarify All Your Details Regarding Succession Planning And Accounting Services!
Author: Bob Mussa