ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Division Of Parental Responsibilities After A Divorce
Total Articles: 136
Parental responsibility is a term which covers all the duties, powers, rights and authority which the law bestows on parents, in respect of the child. This means that if you are a parent having parental responsibility, you have all the powers for making right decisions in connection with development of your child. This article will define the parental responsibilities after divorce to ensure that they are in the child’s best interests.
After separation or divorce, parents must communicate with each other to work out how they will discharge their parental duties and roles. They need to divide their responsibilities and make their own parenting arrangements. Most of the divorcing couples are able to sort out their roles and responsibilities towards their child; while others may find it tough to decide on issues such as with whom the child will stay and who will be responsible to fulfill their daily needs and support them financially for education, sport activities, etc. It is tougher for parents to decide about the children when they are coping with mental sickness, drug abuse, or violence between mother and father.
The prevalent rule in United States compels the parents to share their responsibilities after getting separated or divorce, if it is not detrimental to the child’s interests. This is known as shared parental responsibility and it aims at keeping both the parents actively involved in child’s development, progress and life. This eliminates the labels of "primary responsibility", "secondary responsibility", etc thereby giving them equal chance to upbring the child.
Parents may discuss their responsibilities and take up important decisions affecting the child. These decisions are vital and determine the child’s development in terms of schooling, medical treatment, long distance tours, doctors, religion, child care amenities, etc. If the children are elder, these decisions may involve matters including part-time job, leaving or joining new school or college, driving, etc.
A proper parenting plan is designed in Florida for all the cases even where parents have agreed for joint custody of child. A parenting plan must be made after considering the following details:
• How parents will divide the responsibilities related to daily tasks involved with the development of the child.
• Schedule deciding the time spent by the child with each parent
• Deciding about who will look after the health care and education matters
• The methods used by parents to communicate with the child
If you are dealing with divorce or child custody issues, you may rely on the expertise of Elaine M. Simon, who is a proficient family attorney in Palm Beach County. She is also known as the best equitable distribution lawyer in Palm Beach County and is dedicated to fight for your best interests. Her areas of practice include divorce, alimony, child support, premarital agreements, paternity, shared parental responsibility, relocation, contempt, division of assets and valuation, marital settlement agreements, etc. To contact Elaine Simon, please visit the website simonfamilylaw.com and schedule appointment to discuss your legal claims.
Legal Articles1. Why Is It Important To Contact An Attorney In Phoenix?
2. Overview Of The Ins And Outs Of Settling A Car Accident Claim In Scottsdale
3. Seattle Insurance Lawyer To Settle Accident Claims
Author: Chris Thayer
4. Four Crucial Complications That Can Result Immediately After Ivc Filter Transplant
Author: Nick Feizy
5. Who Do I Sue After A Car Accident In Tucson?
6. Check Criminal Records
7. Knowing More About Forfeiture And Bail Bonds
Author: Emily Stone
8. What Does It Take To Hire A Car Accident Attorney
Author: ABetter UCBD
9. Requirements For Proving “inability To Present The Case” - Enforcement Of Foreign Awards
Author: S Ravi Shankar
10. Amazing Guide To Hire The Accident Attorney
Author: Chris Thayer
11. Can You Still Recover Damages - If You Were Not Wearing A Seatbelt
12. St Louis Missouri Divorce Lawyers Can Help You Rebuild Your Life
Author: kirk c stange
13. Some Secret Of Criminal Lawyers
Author: Lex Lords
14. Starting A Start Up Business
Author: IBS India
15. What Are The Steps Involved In Fssai Compliance & Registration Requirements?
Author: Jeeny Cruz