ALL >> Health >> View Article
Eat Right For Your Endomorphic Type
Total Articles: 4
You can spend hours in the gym and eat the perfect diet, but unless you take into consideration your genetics and body type you may not see the results you want. There are three main body types: ectomorph, endomorph, and mesomorph. An ectomorph is typically referred to as long and lean possessing thin arms and legs with very little fat storage. An endomorph is the exact opposite and may be called “stocky” or even “chunky” with broad shoulders and hips. Finally, there is the mesomorph which is the middle ground between the ectomorphic and endomorphic body types. With medium bones structure, lower body fat, and higher muscle mass. When you are an endomorph trying to look like a mesomorph it’s like trying to fit a circle into a square space – it isn’t going to happen.
Being an endomorph can be a challenge. Your genetics predispose you to carry extra weight and struggle with a slower metabolism. Other characteristics of an endomorph include:
• Carry weight “well” meaning you have excess weight without looking fat
• Struggle to lose weight and gain weight easily due to a slow metabolism
• Muscular but may not have defined muscles
• Pear shaped, meaning you carry your excess weight in your hips and legs
If this sounds like you it is time to team up with Galsgow’s best personal trainer and create a plan to change! Just because you are genetically programmed to look a certain way does not mean you can’t use that information to create your best body.
Eating for Endomorphs
Endomorphs tend to be insulin resistant, making carbohydrates a huge deal in your diet. Basically, insulin resistance is when your body doesn’t respond to insulin appropriately. When nutrients, specifically glucose (carbohydrates), enter the bloodstream the body signals the pancreas to release the hormone insulin. Insulin works to push glucose into cells, providing the body with the energy it needs. However, when you suffer from insulin resistance, your cells won’t accept the glucose leading to high glucose levels in the blood. This condition makes it harder for you to lose weight and you must follow a special diet.
Work with your personal trainer in glasgow- BrodiePT to develop a meal plan appropriate for the endomorphic body type. This diet will include:
• Increase your protein intake. Some endomorphs have difficulty absorbing all the protein they eat so you will need to eat a high protein foods at every meal and snack. Focusing on lean meats, nuts, and even some supplements (if your trainer determines it is right for you).
• Go low-carb. Due to your resistance to insulin it is important to avoid sugary and starchy foods such as soda, candy, white breads, and even some starchy vegetables. Establishing a 1:1, carbohydrate to protein ratio in your diet will yield the nest results. Whole grains, fruits and vegetables are your best bet for a healthy carb intake.
• Small, frequent meals. To keep your blood sugar in check and keep the body fueled efficiently try to eat every 3 to 4 hours.
• Exercise. You can’t change your body without putting in the work. The best personal trainer in Glasgow will create a program designed to give you results no matter what your body type.
Health Articles1. Little Known Advantages Of Metapathia Gr Hunter 4025
Author: Lachlan Hedditch
2. Choosing Between Medical Care And Bankruptcy
Author: Neil Udukala
3. Support Yourself During Chronic Fatigue
4. Prepping A Handsome Male Organ For A Doctor Visit
Author: John Dugan
5. The Care Which Should Not Be Ignored For A Long Time
Author: Claudia Lamington
6. Cpr Courses Winnipeg For The Safety Of Your Family
Author: Franke McDowell
7. Primacare Offers Mobility Scooters Best Transportation To The Elderly Or Disabled
8. Webinar Software: Excellent For Small Business
Author: Smith Victor
9. Baldness Treatment In Bangalore
Author: Dr Reddy
10. Cbd Oil For Pets – Things Every Pet Owner Should Know
Author: ABetter UCBD
11. Organic Traditions Ceremonial Grade Matcha Tea Is The Best Matcha Tea In The World!
Author: Owen Thomson
12. Cosmetic Dentist In Delhi
Author: Dr. Naina Chopra
13. Excel Family Dental - Dental Emergencies
Author: Heidi Huang
14. Plastic Surgery Abu Dhabi – An Overview!
Author: Antonio Brown
15. Best Chiropractor And Wellness Services In Toronto
Author: West End Rehab