ALL >> Health >> View Article
How To Get A Career In Counselling
Total Articles: 19
If you are the kind of person that enjoys helping others, a career in counselling could be for you. You can easily study online for such a course and then all that would be required would usually be a few days at the beginning and end of each semester where you would gather with other students for the practical side of things.
When you study online it is much easier to fit a course around your other responsibilities such as another job or raising your family. However, you do need to set aside some specific time each week to devote to study so that you can get through in a reasonable amount of time. This means that you need to have self-discipline and the motivation to study alone. Generally speaking you will have to free up 2-3 hours a day – or night - for study.
Many people feel that they just don’t have time to do anything extra, but they may not realise just how much time they waste on other pursuits. Watching television is one way to have all your spare time sucked away with nothing to show for it. Travelling is another time-waster but it cannot usually be avoided. If you travel on public transport you may easily be able to use the time to study. If you have to give something up, remember it will not be forever; only for the duration of the course.
Chatting on the phone can be cut back severely if this is where you spend a lot of time. It would be worth making such small sacrifices to get your certificate in counselling. Just imagine how proud you will feel when you hold that certificate in your hands and know that you are going to make a big difference in many people’s lives with your counselling. You will be able to work with a counselling clinic, on your own or even at a school.
Family counselling services are badly needed in the community these days with all the negative things that are out there to cause strife between parents and their children or between couples themselves. Very often people that are too close to the problem simply cannot see a way out of it. But with a little counselling and support they can really turn their lives around.
When you are looking for a counselling course make sure that your qualifications will be accepted Australia wide so that you will be able to work in many different institutions.
For the past five years I have been writing informative and quality articles on topics such as counselling, certificate in counselling, family counselling services and many more.
Health Articles1. In Choosing A General Dentist
Author: Donnell Nash
2. Alternative Medication- A Better Way Of Medication
Author: Bhavesh Desai
3. Types Of Shoulder And Knee Pain
Author: Mahesh Singh`
4. Infertility And Pcos Problems That You Need To Sort Out
Author: Swati Desai
5. Hipaa Compliant Medical Patient Release Forms - Cakeintake
Author: Cake Intake
6. Small Male Organ Coupling: Working Around The Size Issue
Author: John Dugan
7. Medical Conditions In Which Cerebral Palsy Treatment Becomes Essential
Author: Nupur Jha
8. Excel Family Dental - Root Canal Retreatment
Author: Heidi Huang
9. Choose The Right Home Gym In Kelowna
Author: Dennis Ritchie is the author of this article
10. Best Mass Gaining Dietary Supplements
Author: Anabolic Nutrition
11. Advantages Of Stem Cell Therapy You Need To Know About
Author: Nupur Jha
12. Pcos – Awareness , Symptoms And Treatment.
Author: Rakshit Agrawal
13. Defy The Inevitable Process Of Skin Aging And Discoloration
Author: Rutuja Gupta
14. Breast Enlargement Surgery For An Attractive Body!
Author: Pankaj Singhal
15. Buy Siemens Hearing Aids In Kolkata At Best Price