ALL >> Health >> View Article
Sleep Is A Necessary State. If Yours Is Erratic Here Is How To Get It Back To Normal
Total Articles: 2
One of the things about all living (animate) creatures is that they need to follow periods of activity by periods of rest. In fact deprived of this sleep can cause immense harm including hallucinations and collapse. Ask any parents of newborn infants about sleep deprivation and they will look at you in desperation.
In the human there are 5 states of sleep that are normal, identified the brain wave pattern; these are
* Stage 1- relatively light and semi awake, small and fast brainwaves (beta) lasting for the first few minutes.
* Stage 2 - lasting the next 20 to 30 minutes the brain waves have burst of activity and the body relaxes with heart rate slowing and body temperature starts dropping.
* Stage 3 - is where one is dropping into a period of deep sleep patterned by delta waves
* Stage 4 - is this period lasting up to an hour to an hour and a half after getting to sleep and almost entirely delta brain waves
* Stage 5 - Rapid Eye Movement or REM sleep appears to be the period where dreams occur. This is a period of high brain activity and is VITAL for a human to operate normally. If deprived of REM sleep for an extended period a person will drop off in to REM almost immediately and often involuntarily.
The above cycles tend to repeat themselves 4 or 5 times during a normal night's rest.
As mentioned above such a sleep cycle is necessary for the healthy and continued functioning of most individuals. Sleep is also retroactive. Once cannot store sleep up. It must occur after a period of activity and whether one is well rested before hand or not one still needs a healthy average of 6 to 7 hours sleep a day.
Unfortunately a lot of things seem to interrupt our normal sleep patterns. Fewer and fewer these days sleep the untroubled sleep of the just. Disruption can be caused by stress, working cycles, intense activity, stimulants in alcohol or drugs, poor diet and so on. The National sleep foundation has lists which include obesity diabetes, hypertension (Blood Pressure) and mood problems such as depression to affecting the quality of sleep. Whatever the problem is a lot of people find they are suffering from a poor sleep pattern which can lead to mental and health disorders.
If you are finding that a natural ability to sleep is affecting your life you would be well advised to click on the Best sleeping pills link.
It also unfortunately becomes a habit, so that once you start having problems something has to break that pattern so you can return to a normal sleeping cycle. This website give pointers to the best sleeping pills. Good and effective herbal sleeping pills contain nothing of narcotic value so the sleep they lead to is natural and untroubled.
Click onto the herbal sleeping pills link now and read the reviews and testimonials about the best sleeping pills on the market.
Needing help getting a good night's sleep Best sleeping pills website reviews 3 natural solutions to this problem which will cure you.
Health Articles1. Stress Attack - Why You Will Need Help Now!
2. Hypnotherapy For Depressive Disorder For Permanent Results
3. How To Handle Stress And Manage Avoidance
4. Easy Ways Of Managing Your Anxiety
5. Best Choices For Severe Depressive Management
6. Anxiety Management During Stress
7. Anxiety Management - Four Tricks You Can Start Using Today
8. Dry Rubbing And The Death Grip: Self-pleasuring Problems To Avoid
Author: John Dugan
9. Neck, Shoulder And Pain Management
Author: Mahesh Singh
10. Old Age Home Provides Love , Respect And ,carefree Life To Senior Citizens
Author: shiv ganga senior
11. Technology In Medical Industry
12. How Many Sessions For Tattoo Removal?
Author: hifza nauman
13. Where To Buy Phentermine 37.5 Mg Online In Oregon
14. Aromatic Revival Of Mind, Body And Soul With Therapeutic Massage
Author: Vicky Mamoria
15. 5 Ways Seniors Can Boost Their Energy
Author: Jane Doe