ALL >> Health >> View Article
Benefits Of Stem Cell Banking
Total Articles: 3
Umbilical cord is a vital lifeline to provide all the essential vitamins, nutrients and building blocks to life that are needed to help a baby grow to be healthy and vibrant. In addition, the umbilical cord is one of the best sources of powerful stem cells, which have been used to treat dozens of diseases.
Stem cell banking, which involves storing the umbilical cord blood, has many benefits for protecting the health of the infant throughout his life, and perhaps other members in the family, as well. Here are just a few of the benefits of this type of banking:
Stem cells provide the perfect match for transplants. The cells can be used to create a graft for a transplanted organ, and they can be used in bone marrow and other transplants. Many people have to wait for years to find a donor for their transplants, and the wait can mean death for many. Stem cells ensure that a faster match is made, which can be life-saving. Stem cells also ensure that the transplant won't be rejected, not only because of the genetic match but also because there is a lower risk of infection from pathogens.
Stem cells are able to become any other type of cell in the body. Much research is being done on how to use these qualities to treat many diseases. For example, stem cells might be used to create a new heart or to fix spinal cord injuries. By banking stem cells, parents can create a type of insurance policy for their children, providing a rich resource that may have hundreds of applications for treating disease by the time those children are grown. Finally, stem cells can be used to bolster the immune system and to regenerate blood. This can be an especially important benefit when patients have an autoimmune disease or when they are undergoing treatment that compromises their immune system, such as chemotherapy. A compromised immune system can make patients vulnerable to other diseases. Stem cell therapy can help to restore and strengthen immune system for optimal health and for increased protection against disease.
Stem Cell Banking is easy to do. The cells can be extracted from the umbilical cord blood, which can be stored in a medical facility via cryo preservation. In most cases, parents only need to sign off on a form to say they want their cord blood banked after their baby is born, and the doctors will take care of the rest. A storage fee applies to preserve the cord blood and stem cells, but it is a small price to pay for parents to preserve the health of their children from their youth and throughout their whole lives. Stem cells may even be used to treat other family members.
Health Articles1. After The Free Qigong Distant Energy Healing
Author: Michael Mohoric
2. That Member Rash: Eczema Or Psoriasis?
Author: John Dugan
3. Explore On The Internet And Make Yourself Free From Oral Issues
Author: Gary Adelani
4. Dental Care Facts You May Not Uncover In Other Places
Author: Bob Smith
5. Pharmasynth Has Been Rated As One Of The Top Pharma Company In The Country
6. How To Get Benefits Of Orthodontics Courses For General Dentists And Orthodontic Online Learning
Author: Kenneth Steven
7. Dr. Bruce Hawley And Lynnwood Orthodontics Only Want The Best For Your Teeth
Author: Alan Greek
8. Invisalign In North Wales Office Qualified Dental Practitioners
Author: Paul Wilson
9. Best Place To Get Dental Care
Author: John Marker
10. 8 Basic Manhood Protection Hacks
Author: John Dugan
11. Neurostimulation Devices Market Is Expected To Grow Cagr Of 14.2% Till 2020
Author: Gomez R
12. Great Christmas Deals On Zopiclone
Author: Great Christmas Deals on Zopiclone
13. If You Are In Need Of An Orthodontist Then Dr. Grider Is The Man For You
Author: Paul Greig
14. The Orthodontist In Mckinney That Will Make You Look Great
Author: Change Albert Ratner
15. Men Can Get Their Best Nutritional Supplement With Naka Nutri Multi For Men