ALL >> Health >> View Article
Benefits Of Stem Cell Banking
Total Articles: 3
Umbilical cord is a vital lifeline to provide all the essential vitamins, nutrients and building blocks to life that are needed to help a baby grow to be healthy and vibrant. In addition, the umbilical cord is one of the best sources of powerful stem cells, which have been used to treat dozens of diseases.
Stem cell banking, which involves storing the umbilical cord blood, has many benefits for protecting the health of the infant throughout his life, and perhaps other members in the family, as well. Here are just a few of the benefits of this type of banking:
Stem cells provide the perfect match for transplants. The cells can be used to create a graft for a transplanted organ, and they can be used in bone marrow and other transplants. Many people have to wait for years to find a donor for their transplants, and the wait can mean death for many. Stem cells ensure that a faster match is made, which can be life-saving. Stem cells also ensure that the transplant won't be rejected, not only because of the genetic match but also because there is a lower risk of infection from pathogens.
Stem cells are able to become any other type of cell in the body. Much research is being done on how to use these qualities to treat many diseases. For example, stem cells might be used to create a new heart or to fix spinal cord injuries. By banking stem cells, parents can create a type of insurance policy for their children, providing a rich resource that may have hundreds of applications for treating disease by the time those children are grown. Finally, stem cells can be used to bolster the immune system and to regenerate blood. This can be an especially important benefit when patients have an autoimmune disease or when they are undergoing treatment that compromises their immune system, such as chemotherapy. A compromised immune system can make patients vulnerable to other diseases. Stem cell therapy can help to restore and strengthen immune system for optimal health and for increased protection against disease.
Stem Cell Banking is easy to do. The cells can be extracted from the umbilical cord blood, which can be stored in a medical facility via cryo preservation. In most cases, parents only need to sign off on a form to say they want their cord blood banked after their baby is born, and the doctors will take care of the rest. A storage fee applies to preserve the cord blood and stem cells, but it is a small price to pay for parents to preserve the health of their children from their youth and throughout their whole lives. Stem cells may even be used to treat other family members.
Health Articles1. Things You Can Do If Your Gums Are Bleeding
Author: Dr. Lakhwinder Singh
2. Paresthesia Could Cause Loss Of Male Organ Sensation
Author: John Dugan
3. Buy Adderall Xr 20 Mg Online Usa | @whitepear.store
4. Weight Reduction Herbs
5. Diy Treatments For Common Skin Concerns
Author: Dr mithra
6. Join Occupational First Aid Course To Serve As A First Aid Responder In Times Of Medical Emergency C
7. Qualities In A Pediatrician You Must Look For
Author: ponting brown
8. Remain In The Best Of Health With Pure Noni Products Of Salveo
9. Planning To Attend A Cme Medical Conference In Toronto? | Emedevents
10. Male Organ Skin And Vitamin D: A Healthy Combo
Author: John Dugan
11. How Do Invisible Braces Help Everyone In Your Family
Author: Joseph Donald
12. How A General Dentist Can Improve Your Oral Health
Author: Abel Abraham
13. How To Compare Invisible Braces To The Traditional Braces
Author: Malachi Mixon
14. Right Cosmetic Surgery Rectify Body And Facial Features
Author: opus clinic
15. Enjoy Monsoon Season With These Hair Care Tips
Author: Pankaj Singhal