ALL >> Computers >> View Article
In Some Ways The Game Was More Enjoyable
Total Articles: 197
From a gameplay perspective, XCOM: Enemy Unknown is virtually unchanged from its predecessor, although the game has received some substantial upgrades in terms of graphics and design. The graphics look great with the character models updated for a modern look, while managing to pay homage to the original character models of 1994. This is most evident in the alien designs, with all of your favorite creatures returning from the old game with a couple of additions thrown in. While the game looks great, it does suffer from some graphical glitching that takes place.
Most glaring of these is the occasional issue where an alien will get stuck inside of a wall out of harms reach. Unfortunately, that also means that you’ll be unable to kill the baddie and have to restart the mission; hope you saved! Another issue seems to occur, rather frequently, when one of your soldiers is attacking in close quarters: oftentimes the animation goes wonky where the soldier fires in the exact opposite direction that they’re looking. The hit still connects, but it is kind of weird watching them shoot themselves through the gut to make the kill.
Another feature that wasn’t in the original is Multiplayer, and combat works essentially the same way that it does in a normal mission. Key differences include a timer for taking turns so you don’t have to wait while your opponent decides to make a sandwich mid-match and being able to assemble your squad from both aliens and soldiers. All special abilities — including the ones that the aliens use against you in the campaign — are available in matchmaking. Five maps are available including a Police Station level and the Grand Cemetery level, which are my two top favorites.
Points are used in constructing your team and purchasing weapons, armor, and upgrades. The points can be limited to a specific amount while configuring the game, or no point limit can be set, allowing players to build whatever they want. Obviously, the more powerful of a soldier/alien or equipment, the more expensive it will be to purchase. Regardless of your progress in the single-player mode, all upgrades are available in the multi-player.The addition of Multiplayer matchmaking in XCOM was something that I was initially apprehensive about, considering that the game has always been played solo. However, I found my time in the multiplayer to be rather enjoyable, equating it to something along the lines of chess with aliens and big freaking guns.
In some ways, the game was more enjoyable than the Single-player mode in that dealing with a fifa 14 coins human opponent is often far more unpredictable than a computer.Overall, XCOM: Enemy Unknown goes right back to the cult-classic game that started it all and transports it straight into the modern-day. Every enhancement to the gameplay improves on the original formula to make for an even better game than the initial release. While there are the occasional graphical bugs that force resets and otherwise look odd, the game is simply phenomenal. If you’ve been on the fence about this title, you’re most certainly missing out on one hell of a good time.
Computers Articles1. Professional Script Design Services Can Make A Difference To Your Business Online
2. Troubleshoot The Most Common Technical Issues In Windows 10 By Contacting Windows Technicians
Author: Philippa Pippa
3. Mac Os X Mountain Lion Ensures The Utmost Protection Against Malware Program
Author: Barack Taye
4. How To Get Best Email Technical Support?
5. Exchange Database Recovery Software
6. 7 Powerful Tips For Persuasive And Captivating Interactive Presentation
Author: Amit Sahoo
7. Creating The ιστοσελιδα Properly For Establishing The Brand Information
Author: parveen kumar
8. Kind Of Infections A Pc Is Prone To
Author: Newlite Technical services
9. Samsung Screen Repairs, Nationwide Repairs, 60 Min Repair Manchester
Author: samsung repairer
10. Mac Book Pro Repair Andheri Is The Best Solution For Your Damaged System
Author: Mike Rakhangi
11. Planning To Hire An Odoo Developer? - A Must Read
Author: Jay Vora
12. Contact Pc Repairs Maroochydore Experts To Resovle Software Or Hardware Issues Of Your Computer
13. Tips To Choose A Good Computer Repair Service Provider
14. 2. Anniversary Update Leads To Some Technical Issue In Windows 10
Author: Easton Finn
15. 10 Easy Steps To Clean Your Infected Computer
Author: Newlite Technical services