ALL >> Insurance >> View Article
How To Choose A Claims Management Software System
Total Articles: 499
You can find a variety of claims management software systems on the market, but how do you decide which one is the best one for your organization?
Tips for Choosing the Right Claims System:
Whether you are a self-insured, a third-party administrator, an insurance broker or a regional insurer, here are a few tips to help you as you explore vendors offering claims management systems.
• How long has the vendor been in business? Software developers frequently enter the lucrative insurance marketplace, so be sure your vendor has been in business long enough to ensure their software is client tested.
• Is the vendor servicing other system users in your niche? For example, if you are a self-insured group, you may need different data and indicators than you would as a worldwide insurance broker. Be sure your vendor can provide the specific types of data you need to appropriately manage your risks.
• Will your claims data system integrate with underwriting and allow access by other departments? Data integration across departments and when adding lines of business is critical in claims management.
• Does the system feature all the data categories you need? The ability to build your own data fields is a necessity as your organization grows and risk becomes more complex. If you venture into a new line of business, can the claims system provide support for that endeavor?
• How easy is the data to review and manipulate? Can you track your data in one single snapshot yet also pull data into a spreadsheet for more concentrated analysis?
• How effective is the vendor’s documentation and customer support? In today’s 24/7 world, risk management and claims professionals often need specific data in minutes. If you need data beyond your normal reporting needs, can your vendor respond quickly?
• Is your software cloud-based and easily viewed on a browser? Effective data retrieval and customizable reports allow your team to make superior real-time decisions. Search for software-as-a-service (SaaS) architecture, which provides state-of-the-art , browser-based access to your data.
• Will your vendors help you survive the data conversion process? From initial bid design to final implementation, changing your RMIS system is a very time-consuming process. How effective is your vendor at ensuring the conversion process goes smoothly no matter what data conversion issues you face?
• Can your Claims Management System provide expert litigation management support? Managing today’s complex litigation projects requires extensive expertise and increasing sophistication.
• What will your system cost? These costs include first-year costs, annual use costs, any “per-user” costs, data storage costs and charges for custom reporting. You do not want to lock into a system and then find additional charges that are not in your budget.
• How secure is your data? With frequent data breaches, how safe is your data? What additional steps does your vendor take besides passwords and encryption to ensure your data remains in the hands of authorized users only?
The task of choosing the risk management system that best fits your needs is important. Choosing the wrong RMIS will be costly. In addition, you may not be able provide your clients with the best possible service or have the instant access you often need to effectively manage your risks. You will be living with the system for a long while, so make sure the vendor you choose can provide flexibility, scalability and stellar customer service.
JDi Data Corporation has provided insurance claims software since 1992. Our product suite includes JDi Data claims software for property and casualty, medical malpractice, and specialty lines. If you are looking for claims management software, JDi Data can be right choice as it has built a reputation in quality claims management software with special emphasis on complex litigation.
Insurance Articles1. Infoglobaldata Released Accurate And Verified Life Insurance Mailing List For Your Marketing Needs
2. Get A Free Car Insurance Quote Online From Any Auto Insurance Company
Author: Jason Davis
3. Collector Car Insurance - Top 6 Benefits Of Specialty Collector Car Insurance Companies
Author: Jason Davis
4. Choose The Best Medical Plan For Expatriates Based On Your Requirements
5. Cheaper Home Insurance Premium Strategies
Author: Home Insurance
6. Corporate Health Insurance
7. Get Your Property Insurance Claims From The Best Insurance Claim Advisers
8. What You Need To Know About Fire Damage Insurance Cover?
Author: Claim Makers
9. Chief Benefits Of Having International Medical Policy For Every Individual
10. Tips To Choosing The Right Car Insurance Company
Author: Jason Davis
11. Features Of Term Insurance Policies
12. Features And Benefits Of Ulips
13. Questions To Ask Before Buying A Life Insurance Policy
Author: Ekta Kariya
14. Ontario Travel Insurance For Seniors - Why The Elderly Should Plan For The Unexpected
Author: Joanne Finucan
15. Secure Your Daughter’s Future With Lic Kanyadan Plan