ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
How To Get Boxelder Bugs Out Of Your Home
Total Articles: 19
Boxelder bugs are one of those truly annoying pests. While these creatures are not truly harmful, they are not exactly what you want to have in your home day after day either. Getting rid of the annoying boxelder bugs is a must, and these tips can help.
Know Your Pest
Before you can do anything with your pest, you should make sure that you are actually dealing with boxelder bugs. These little guys are about a half-inch in length. They are primarily black, but you may also see orange and red markings on their bodies, mostly right behind their heads. They do have wings, but when they are not using them to fly around your home, they form an X over their backs. They usually start coming out as soon as spring hits, and by the middle of the summer, they’ll lay their eggs in boxelder trees. They live across the nation, so no matter where you’re at, you’re likely to find them there too.
Why Is My Home Infested?
Some homes are simply more attractive to boxelder bugs that others. The amount of sun your home gets can actually make it more attractive to these little guys. Boxelder bugs like warm areas, and if there’s a large southern exposure on your home, they are going to latch onto it. As it gets cold, they want to come inside just like any other pest might.
Dealing With the Problem
If they are already on or in your house, there are a few things you can do to get them off. Outside, you can hose the problem area down with dish soap and water. You may not see an immediate difference, but you will over time. Inside, you can vacuum them up, then empty your vacuum bag outside. Keep in mind that neither of these are permanent solutions, but they will help you until you can contact a professional pest control company to get rid of them for good.
Preventing the Problem
If you would like to keep those boxelder bugs out this year, there are actually several things you can do. First, make sure you take care of any damaged windows or screens around your home. They can come in through fairly tiny damaged spots, so take care of any damage right away. Be sure you seal spaces where cables or pipes come into your home, too. You will want to use caulk or expanding spray foam for best results. Finally, be sure you put door sweeps and thresholds on every entry door you have. If you contact a professional pest control company, they can help you find the right solution to the problem.
Boxelder bugs certainly aren’t dangerous, but they are a nuisance. Give Ransford Environmental Solutions a call today to learn how we can help you deal with these pests.
Article Source : Ransford Pest
Home and Garden Articles1. 5 Essential Gardening Tips From Reliable Plant Expert In Uk
Author: Paul Gooderham
2. Air Duct Cleaning In Atlanta,conyers : Why Do I Need To Clean My Air Duct?
3. Apartments For Rent In The Northborough Area
Author: Sue Thornton
4. Hire End Of Lease Cleaning Perth To Get Back Your Full Bond Amount Return From The Landlord
5. Hiring A Professional Cleaner Will Be Beneficiary For You
Author: Monika Zuzanska
6. Facts For Getting A Cleaning Expert
Author: Monika Zuzanska
7. Things You Should Know Before Buying A Garage Door
Author: Kevin Bocchini
8. Has Your Carpet Suffered With Gravy Or Any Grease Stains? Tips To Remove Them…..
Author: Riley Evans
9. Things You Need To Know About Bee Removal
Author: Jeff Stanifer
10. Why To Hire Packers And Movers?
11. Cushion Covers Offer A Bright And Contrasting Look To Space
Author: Vedwati Maurya
12. Soundproof Windows Vs Secondary Glazing
Author: Hugo Carter
13. Eco-friendly Interior Designing
Author: Bric Group
14. Turn Your Bathroom Remodeling Dream Into Reality With Help From The Bathroom Remodel Specialist
15. Do's And Don'ts That Will Master Your Bathtub Remodel!