ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
How To Get Boxelder Bugs Out Of Your Home
Total Articles: 19
Boxelder bugs are one of those truly annoying pests. While these creatures are not truly harmful, they are not exactly what you want to have in your home day after day either. Getting rid of the annoying boxelder bugs is a must, and these tips can help.
Know Your Pest
Before you can do anything with your pest, you should make sure that you are actually dealing with boxelder bugs. These little guys are about a half-inch in length. They are primarily black, but you may also see orange and red markings on their bodies, mostly right behind their heads. They do have wings, but when they are not using them to fly around your home, they form an X over their backs. They usually start coming out as soon as spring hits, and by the middle of the summer, they’ll lay their eggs in boxelder trees. They live across the nation, so no matter where you’re at, you’re likely to find them there too.
Why Is My Home Infested?
Some homes are simply more attractive to boxelder bugs that others. The amount of sun your home gets can actually make it more attractive to these little guys. Boxelder bugs like warm areas, and if there’s a large southern exposure on your home, they are going to latch onto it. As it gets cold, they want to come inside just like any other pest might.
Dealing With the Problem
If they are already on or in your house, there are a few things you can do to get them off. Outside, you can hose the problem area down with dish soap and water. You may not see an immediate difference, but you will over time. Inside, you can vacuum them up, then empty your vacuum bag outside. Keep in mind that neither of these are permanent solutions, but they will help you until you can contact a professional pest control company to get rid of them for good.
Preventing the Problem
If you would like to keep those boxelder bugs out this year, there are actually several things you can do. First, make sure you take care of any damaged windows or screens around your home. They can come in through fairly tiny damaged spots, so take care of any damage right away. Be sure you seal spaces where cables or pipes come into your home, too. You will want to use caulk or expanding spray foam for best results. Finally, be sure you put door sweeps and thresholds on every entry door you have. If you contact a professional pest control company, they can help you find the right solution to the problem.
Boxelder bugs certainly aren’t dangerous, but they are a nuisance. Give Ransford Environmental Solutions a call today to learn how we can help you deal with these pests.
Article Source : Ransford Pest
Home and Garden Articles1. Decorate Your Events With Orchid Flowers
2. Fire Extinguisher Servicing - Guidance On Maintenance Fire Fighting Equipment
3. What Fire Extinguisher Serving May Do For You
4. Fireplace Extinguisher Maintenance Is A Necessary Fire Security Measure
5. Get The New Look Kitchen Cabinet The Easiest Way
Author: David Richard
6. Best Tips For Plant Maintenance In Philadelphia During Wintertime
Author: Michele Sokoloff
7. How To Protect Garden Plants This Summer?
Author: BK Vijay
8. Advantages Of Hiring A Gardener Services
Author: Georgina L Allen
9. Factors Influencing The Price Of An Air Conditioner
Author: Priya Sharma
10. 6 Simple Mower Maintenance Tips
Author: Michael Foley
11. 5 Realistic Tips To Identify The Best Moving And Storage Companies
Author: Michael Holden
12. How To Hire One Of The Best Moving Companies In New York
Author: Michael Holden
13. Using The Whip Cream Dispenser For The Food To Be Tastier With Versatility
Author: Kathy Richy
14. Common Carpet Cleaning Mistakes, You Want To Avoid To Extend The Lifespan Of Your Carpet
Author: Nick Koych
15. Permit You To Experience Again The Special Features Of A Floors Service Provider
Author: Partha Goswami