ALL >> Business >> View Article
Buy Best Quality And Highly Efficient Ceiling Fan
Total Articles: 21
The Fireplace Gas Logs are an easy and economical way to heat a single room. The create ambience, and are also useful for keeping at least one room of a house comfortable should the power go out. Installing logs is best done by a certified professional, to ensure they are sized properly and meet all building code requirements.
Fully Vented vs. Vent Free Logs
Fully vented logs require installation in a fireplace that is capable of burning wood. The damper must be open at all times, because they do not burn cleanly and create a toxic exhaust, much like real wood. Vented logs create a more realistic, higher yellow flame that dances around the logs, but most of the heat goes up the chimney. Fully-vented logs are recommended over ventless logs.
Ventless or vent-free logs burn gas cleanly, much like a gas kitchen range. They can be burned with the damper closed, which produces more heat, but produces carbon dioxide as a by-product. If burning these logs for over an hour, crack a window to let fresh air into the building. A CO2 detector will be installed with ventless logs as a safety measure. These logs also produce an odor similar to kerosene. Consult a local professional installer about this type of logs, because building code restrictions may apply.
Measuring for Fireplace Gas Logs
All log setups have clearance requirements. Clearance is the distance the logs must be from wall, furniture and other combustible material. Proper clearance is critical, because otherwise the logs may not only cause a fire, but cause the gas valve to overheat and melt. Installing the wrong size logs for the area or fireplace is the main reason for failure, so hire an expert installer to measure and determine the maximum safe size for the space.
Installing the Proper Log Burner
The correct burner is essential for efficient use of the logs. Each burner has a BTU rating, which determines how much heat it puts out and how much gas it uses. Burners have either single or multiple tubing and are either remotely or manually controlled. The simplest and least expensive burners are lighted manually with matches and have no pilot light. Pilot light burners are lit by a manual knob or by a remote control device. The most important thing is to have a professional determine the correct size and setup for the burner.
To ensure the proper operation of these logs, always contact a locally licensed professional contractor for measurements and recommendations. Building codes may restrict the size and BTU requirements of the unit. For safety and the best performance, installing the proper logs for each room's particular requirements is a must.
Business Articles1. Eglobedata Released Most Accurate Real Estate Industry Email List And Build New Revenue Streams
Author: Brayden Tyler
2. Switch To Pharmacists Email List For Getting Cost Effective And Good Return
Author: Andrew Rayel
3. Explore An Opportunity For New Business Prospects With Business Development Executives Email Lists
Author: Charles Daniel
4. Ideal Instrument Services Are The Leading Dealer And Distributor Of Mitutoyo Products In Pune
Author: biz porto
5. Landed House Exterior Contractor – A Preferred Landed Property Renovation Contractor Singapore Can S
Author: James Han
6. Why You May Need A Photobooth On Your Big Day
7. Carpet Styles
Author: Barry’s My Carpet Inc.
8. Trade Show Display Rental- All You Require For Incredible Brand Value
Author: Daniel Wilson
9. Scada Free – Access Data From Remote Location Easily With The Help Of Web Scada !
Author: Archer Finch
10. Try A Herding Class With Your Dog Part - I
Author: Unknown Member
11. Documentation Of Employee Discussions Is All Important
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
12. Try A Herding Class With Your Dog
Author: Unknown Member
13. Best Scar Removal Creams
14. Why Should You Hire Huntington Beach Dry Cleansing Service Provider?
Author: Robert Paul
15. Rajasthan College Of Engineering For Women
Author: Rajasthan College of Engineering for Women