ALL >> Business >> View Article
Buy Best Quality And Highly Efficient Ceiling Fan
Total Articles: 21
The Fireplace Gas Logs are an easy and economical way to heat a single room. The create ambience, and are also useful for keeping at least one room of a house comfortable should the power go out. Installing logs is best done by a certified professional, to ensure they are sized properly and meet all building code requirements.
Fully Vented vs. Vent Free Logs
Fully vented logs require installation in a fireplace that is capable of burning wood. The damper must be open at all times, because they do not burn cleanly and create a toxic exhaust, much like real wood. Vented logs create a more realistic, higher yellow flame that dances around the logs, but most of the heat goes up the chimney. Fully-vented logs are recommended over ventless logs.
Ventless or vent-free logs burn gas cleanly, much like a gas kitchen range. They can be burned with the damper closed, which produces more heat, but produces carbon dioxide as a by-product. If burning these logs for over an hour, crack a window to let fresh air into the building. A CO2 detector will be installed with ventless logs as a safety measure. These logs also produce an odor similar to kerosene. Consult a local professional installer about this type of logs, because building code restrictions may apply.
Measuring for Fireplace Gas Logs
All log setups have clearance requirements. Clearance is the distance the logs must be from wall, furniture and other combustible material. Proper clearance is critical, because otherwise the logs may not only cause a fire, but cause the gas valve to overheat and melt. Installing the wrong size logs for the area or fireplace is the main reason for failure, so hire an expert installer to measure and determine the maximum safe size for the space.
Installing the Proper Log Burner
The correct burner is essential for efficient use of the logs. Each burner has a BTU rating, which determines how much heat it puts out and how much gas it uses. Burners have either single or multiple tubing and are either remotely or manually controlled. The simplest and least expensive burners are lighted manually with matches and have no pilot light. Pilot light burners are lit by a manual knob or by a remote control device. The most important thing is to have a professional determine the correct size and setup for the burner.
To ensure the proper operation of these logs, always contact a locally licensed professional contractor for measurements and recommendations. Building codes may restrict the size and BTU requirements of the unit. For safety and the best performance, installing the proper logs for each room's particular requirements is a must.
Business Articles1. Brilliant Advice For Your Start-up
Author: Carl Frederic Sealey
2. A New Life In Alanya/turkey
3. A Startup’s Quick Guide For Finding Tax And Accounting Services
Author: Hampry Gomes
4. Get Best Quality Fruits Gift Hampers Online
5. Castle Hill Best Indian Restaurant
6. Leaftrend – Ecofriendly Disposable Palm Leaf Plates, Wedding And Party Plates- 7 Inch Square Flat Pa
Author: Jane cristina
7. Signage | Box Up Signage| Digital Printing |dot2dot
8. Dosti Is Trusted Packers And Movers In Pune
9. Vinyl Windows Okc – Why It Is A Much Preferred Option For Homeowners
Author: Mark Sipla
10. 3 Benefits Of Using A Convertible Hand Truck
11. Optimizing Time Using The “beforehand” Technique
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
12. Exotic Experience With Bar And Grill
Author: pied Piper
13. What Are The Video Conferencing Perks For The Retail Sector?
14. All That You Need For Understanding Your Customers Today
Author: Surabhi Joshi
15. What Are The Mechanical Design Requirements For Electric Hoists?
Author: Mahi Sheth