ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
What Are The Top 5 Florida Pests
Total Articles: 41
Millions and millions of people choose to live in Florida or choose to visit the Sunshine State each year on vacation for a variety of reasons: the great weather, the large variety of cultural events and offerings, the golfing, restaurants, and, best of all, the beach.
One of the things that people do not come for however, is the pests and bugs – but, unfortunately, those come with the territory. Florida is notorious for harboring undesirable creepy crawlers. Pest control professionals have their hands full, especially with these top 5 (or bottom 5, depending on your point of view!) pests and bugs.
1. Bed bugs. These unwelcome visitors have become a nationwide problem in recent years, and they are difficult to eradicate. How do they enter your home? You might take a vacation and bring bed bugs back from the hotel. You can also pick them up visiting other people’s homes or from guests to your home. They like to hide in dark areas, such as the crevices of your mattress or the minuscule cracks in your floor or wall boards. Because they can go without food for up to a year, they can hide and wait out home treatment measures. A Brevard County pest control service can help you reclaim your bed and get a good night’s sleep.
2. Biting Flies. Florida’s hot, humid weather is a perfect breeding ground for biting flies, including no-see-ums, mosquitoes, black flies, and stable flies. To limit swarms of these pesky bugs, eliminate standing water from your yard, clean up lawn clippings, cut down tall brush and scrub, and ask your outdoor pest control specialist if a barrier treatment might be helpful for your situation.
3. Fleas. Fleas inflict itchy bites onto humans and animals and can transmit serious illnesses, such as Lyme Disease. The “Cat Flea” is the most prevalent variety, and, despite its name, it attacks both cats and dogs. Females can lay 24 hours per day, and the young hatch in just 12 to 48 hours. Treating your pets regularly will help you win the battle against fleas.
4. Ticks. Like fleas, ticks can affect both pets and humans and transmit disease. Being able to recognize and remove them quickly and safely is critical. You can minimize the chance of being bit by applying repellants and covering exposed skin, clearing excess brush or tall grass, and checking for ticks after being outdoors. A green pest control service can also provide you with information on planting tick-free zones.
With these and other pests, it is best to take preventative action when you can and immediate corrective action when you can’t. In some cases, home remedies work wonders; for the more persistent pests, calling in the professionals quickly can help you keep a small problem from becoming an infestation.
Article Source: Slug-A-Bug
Home and Garden Articles1. A House That Gives You Opportunity To Make The Most Out Of Living Space
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
2. The White Teak Company - The New Destination For Luxury Home Decor
3. Wardrobes In Kirti Nagar
Author: Alisha Shah
4. Luxury British Brand Furniture Collection Set To Reach Auction
5. Tips To Plan A Father’s Day Party At Home In Lilburn Ga
Author: Melinda Harris
6. Explanation On Why Furniture Stores In Perth Is Important
Author: Kai Baxter
7. 6 Key Reasons Why Limestone Is One Of The Best Building Materials
Author: Daniel Maxted
8. 11 Best Things To Do When You Are Alone
Author: Nug Brand
9. Mortgage Broker Markham
10. Sobha Chennai – Buy Luxury Apartments, Flats, Plots & Homes In Omr Porur Chennai
Author: Sobha Limited
11. How To Do Upholstery Cleaning – 5 Diy Tips
Author: Mike Aurtho
12. Landscaping – We Help You To Bring Your Imagination Into Reality
Author: Simmy Ahuja
13. Home Decor Trends You Must Know This Year
Author: Ajay Sharma
14. Smart Ways To Reduce Waste Around You
Author: Hampry Gomes
15. What’s Important To Know While Revamping Your Home
Author: Ajay Sharma