ALL >> Fitness >> View Article
An Overview For Common Running Injuries
Total Articles: 4
Competitive or fun. Fast or slow. High or low miles. The latest gadget or just a pair of running shoes. Bring up the sport of running and you will find a wide range of participants. However, one thing almost all runners have in common is injury. This does not mean that every runner is injured all the time, but talk to anyone who’s put more than a few miles on their shoes and they will share at least one experience of pain with you. While injury can plague some runners, the good news is the best personal trainer in Glasgow can help treat and prevent the most common ailments. Here is a quick look at some of the most common running injuries:
Runner’s knee: Almost 40% of all injuries runner’s experience has to do with the knee. Medically referred to a patellofemoral pain syndrome, runner’s knee is more prevalent. Anytime there is extra pressure on the knee – long run, running downhill, going down stairs, etc – the cartilage around the knee can become irritated. Combine external contributors with the internal factor of weak quads, hips or glutes and you are in for a painful run.
What’s a runner to do? Feel the burn! Working with your Glasgow personal trainer, strengthen your hips and glutes.
Ankle Issues: There are two very common injuries that can flare up in the ankle/foot area – Achilles tendonitis and plantar fasciitis. Achilles tendonitis is pain in the back of the ankle where your calf and heel are connected. When you have tight or weak calves there is extra tension on this area and can cause inflammation. The pain may stay in this area or even move into the foot and may lead to plantar fasciitis. Plantar fasciitis is a pain in the arch of the foot caused by tears or inflammation of those sensitive tendons and ligaments running from your heel to your toes. Both of these conditions are serious and could sit you on the sidelines for a very long time if not properly treated.
What’s a runner to do? See your trainer! Depending on the severity of the injury determines the approach your trainer will take. In general, improving your calf strength and avoiding poor footwear (flip-flops and high heels) may be the best way to repair and prevent these injuries.
Shin splints: This is a common complaint of new runners who are pounding the pavement in the wrong shoes or increasing their mileage too quickly. Shin splints happen when there are small tears in the muscles around the tibia (aka: shin).
What’s a runner to do? Get a plan that’s right for you! The root of this injury (typically) stems from doing too much too soon so work with your Glasgow personal trainer to create a plan that will allow you to run but without pain by gradually increasing your mileage. If the problem still persists, the best personal trainer in Glasgow may advise you to tape or stabilize your shin in some way for extra support.
Fitness Articles1. Parijatak Ayurveda-best Osteoporosis Treatment Center In Nagpur
2. Ways Yoga Teacher Training In Goa Can Help You Live To 100
Author: Dave Woods
3. New Thoughts About Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training That Will Encourage You
Author: Dave Woods
4. 3 Profound Benefits Of Burning 300 Calories Daily
5. Before A Teacher, It Is Better You Become A Good Student
Author: Holly Coane
6. Make The Most Out Of The Remedial Benefits Of Chinese Acupuncture
Author: Seth Aslatt
7. What Aerial Dance Is And The Benefits Associated With That
Author: Spencer Holden
8. While Looking For The Best Catering Service Provider Always Consider Few Key Aspects
Author: Mitchell Dundalli
9. Top 10 Excellent Benefits Of Sun Salutations
Author: Steve Davis
10. What Reiki Is And How It Works On The Emotional And Physical Problems?
Author: Dakota Mehaffey
11. Options For Teeth Replacement Available Everywhere
Author: Claudia Lamington
12. Improving Digestion - Tips, Essential And Tricks Facts
13. The Adult Massage Is Not Just For Pleasure But For Mental And Physical Rejuvenation
Author: Emma Brain
14. Some Important Benefits And Advantages Of Smartwatches
Author: Tanjni Pache
15. Know The Most Reliable Personal Trainer In Lebanon. Click Here!
Author: George lary