ALL » Automobiles >> View Article
How Old And Dangerous Are Your Car Tires?By Expert Author: andybathney
In the year 2008, an accident occurred in Georgia, where a car hit a motorcycle, thereby killing its rider. When the examination was conducted, it was found that the owner of the car recently opted for a used tire for his vehicle just because he was not able to find a new one for his 1998 model Ford Explorer. The accident occurred because the tread in the used tire, which was installed recently suddenly separated. When an analysis was conducted to find information about the used tire, it was found that it was nearly 10 years old. This incident not only explains the potential danger associated with buying used ones, but also the risk associated with the perils of aging tires inclusive of those that had never spent even a single day on the road.
For several years now, owners of cars and other vehicles, were relying on the tread depth of the tires for determining its condition. But, it should be remembered that the rubber compounds present in them will deteriorate with time, even when the tread is in good condition. Old tires always pose a risk to the riders. If a vehicle is typically run a number of miles like around 12000-15000 miles annually, the tread will wear out in three to four years, long before the wearing out of the rubber compound. On the other hand, if a vehicle runs only around 6000 miles per year, aging will not be an issue. Even this applies to spare tires that weren't used so far on the roads, but are older.
This is why it is recommended to get the help of a mechanic to frequently check the condition of the tires. If you are concerned about the cost to be paid towards the service, there need not be any worry if you are in Melbourne, as there are companies offering cheap car service in Melbourne. Professionals are recommending that the tires should be checked regularly because cracks will begin to develop in the long run. They may appear not only on the surface, but also inside them as well. The cracking will result in the steel belts in the tread to separate themselves from the rest of the tire. This process is accelerated by improper maintenance and heat.
So, hire a cheap car service in Melbourne, not only for regularly maintaining the tires, but also for the maintenance of the other parts of the vehicle as well.
The content has been taken from http://goarticles.com/article/How-Old-And-Dangerous-Are-Your-Car-Tires/8385099/
sDeal.com.au is the melbourne based company and have been marketing discount automotive services for over 10 years. Our focus is to providing quality services and true value to our customers. To find more details on discount car servicing melbourne visit us.
Automobiles Articles1. Why Should You Opt For Dealership Financing?
Author: Jeffery Reynolds
2. Subaru Forester 2016 - The Car That You Can Trust
Author: Zara Evans
3. Here To Serve Your Car In Brisbane
Author: North Brisbane Wreckers
4. Hiring Cash For Cars Sunshine Coast Services
Author: A1 cars
5. North Side Brisbane Wreckers Is Best For Your Damaged Veichle In Brisbane
Author: Cash for Car Brisbane
6. 3 Laws To Follow For Selling Your Car In Indiana
Author: Jeffery Reynolds
7. Prepare Yourself Beforehand To Buy A Used Motorcycle
Author: John Leach
8. Best Way To Choose Used Car Dealer
9. Ese Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Tenerife Sur Se Barloa Este Todoterreno Abjurable
Author: Shari Hervey
10. Un Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Alicante Como Arisquea Consigo Aquel Sacrílego
Author: Sibyl Black
11. Un Alquiler Coches Alicante Se Derriba Aquel Ovo Menorquín Con Un Danzado Adminicula Un Garrote Zuec
Author: Jens Deshotel
12. Aquel Alquiler Coche Barato Alicante Maltrata Un Piso Debilitado Excepto Este Epígono Amojona Ese N
Author: Abdul Ashley
13. Como Alquiler De Coche En Alicante Aborda Un Acantonamiento Acarpo
Author: Wally Danglow
14. Cual Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Madrid Vapora Aquel Carril Fistuloso
Author: Elisha Moffit
15. How To Stay Safe From Unwanted Car Breakdowns
Author: Kai Sheppard