ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
How Old And Dangerous Are Your Car Tires?
Total Articles: 9
In the year 2008, an accident occurred in Georgia, where a car hit a motorcycle, thereby killing its rider. When the examination was conducted, it was found that the owner of the car recently opted for a used tire for his vehicle just because he was not able to find a new one for his 1998 model Ford Explorer. The accident occurred because the tread in the used tire, which was installed recently suddenly separated. When an analysis was conducted to find information about the used tire, it was found that it was nearly 10 years old. This incident not only explains the potential danger associated with buying used ones, but also the risk associated with the perils of aging tires inclusive of those that had never spent even a single day on the road.
For several years now, owners of cars and other vehicles, were relying on the tread depth of the tires for determining its condition. But, it should be remembered that the rubber compounds present in them will deteriorate with time, even when the tread is in good condition. Old tires always pose a risk to the riders. If a vehicle is typically run a number of miles like around 12000-15000 miles annually, the tread will wear out in three to four years, long before the wearing out of the rubber compound. On the other hand, if a vehicle runs only around 6000 miles per year, aging will not be an issue. Even this applies to spare tires that weren't used so far on the roads, but are older.
This is why it is recommended to get the help of a mechanic to frequently check the condition of the tires. If you are concerned about the cost to be paid towards the service, there need not be any worry if you are in Melbourne, as there are companies offering cheap car service in Melbourne. Professionals are recommending that the tires should be checked regularly because cracks will begin to develop in the long run. They may appear not only on the surface, but also inside them as well. The cracking will result in the steel belts in the tread to separate themselves from the rest of the tire. This process is accelerated by improper maintenance and heat.
So, hire a cheap car service in Melbourne, not only for regularly maintaining the tires, but also for the maintenance of the other parts of the vehicle as well.
The content has been taken from http://goarticles.com/article/How-Old-And-Dangerous-Are-Your-Car-Tires/8385099/
sDeal.com.au is the melbourne based company and have been marketing discount automotive services for over 10 years. Our focus is to providing quality services and true value to our customers. To find more details on discount car servicing melbourne visit us.
Automobiles Articles1. Travel Bike – Folding Bike Fits For Just Any Type Of Road!
Author: Paul Pinigis
2. Top 10 Popular Upcoming Bikes In India To Launch In 2017 & 2018
Author: Adaalo India
3. Rockman - Automotive Component, Two Wheeler Parts, Alloy Wheels & Drive Chain Manufacturers In India
Author: Rockman Industries
4. Top 5 Tips For A Successful Auto Repair Service
Author: Paul Zervos
5. Raceway Kia Brings New Ownership With A Trusted Name
7. Car Inspection Services Debunk Risks Of Buying Used Cars
8. There Is No Risk With Certified Pre Owned Luxury Cars
9. Why A Test Drive Is A Good Idea While Deciding On Buying A Used Car?
Author: Ajinkya Satam
10. It’s All About Car Care Products
Author: neel patel
11. Vectra – The Top Manufacturers Of Excavator Attachment & Earth Movers Equipment In India & Europe
12. A Cookout For A Cause
13. Everything You Sort Of Wanted To Know About Car Batteries
Author: Jasonl Mosca
14. All You Need To Know About Trailers
Author: CS Trailers
15. The Roadworthy Certificate Is A Must For Every Vehicle To Ply On Road
Author: Luca Curtis