ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
How Old And Dangerous Are Your Car Tires?
Total Articles: 9
In the year 2008, an accident occurred in Georgia, where a car hit a motorcycle, thereby killing its rider. When the examination was conducted, it was found that the owner of the car recently opted for a used tire for his vehicle just because he was not able to find a new one for his 1998 model Ford Explorer. The accident occurred because the tread in the used tire, which was installed recently suddenly separated. When an analysis was conducted to find information about the used tire, it was found that it was nearly 10 years old. This incident not only explains the potential danger associated with buying used ones, but also the risk associated with the perils of aging tires inclusive of those that had never spent even a single day on the road.
For several years now, owners of cars and other vehicles, were relying on the tread depth of the tires for determining its condition. But, it should be remembered that the rubber compounds present in them will deteriorate with time, even when the tread is in good condition. Old tires always pose a risk to the riders. If a vehicle is typically run a number of miles like around 12000-15000 miles annually, the tread will wear out in three to four years, long before the wearing out of the rubber compound. On the other hand, if a vehicle runs only around 6000 miles per year, aging will not be an issue. Even this applies to spare tires that weren't used so far on the roads, but are older.
This is why it is recommended to get the help of a mechanic to frequently check the condition of the tires. If you are concerned about the cost to be paid towards the service, there need not be any worry if you are in Melbourne, as there are companies offering cheap car service in Melbourne. Professionals are recommending that the tires should be checked regularly because cracks will begin to develop in the long run. They may appear not only on the surface, but also inside them as well. The cracking will result in the steel belts in the tread to separate themselves from the rest of the tire. This process is accelerated by improper maintenance and heat.
So, hire a cheap car service in Melbourne, not only for regularly maintaining the tires, but also for the maintenance of the other parts of the vehicle as well.
The content has been taken from http://goarticles.com/article/How-Old-And-Dangerous-Are-Your-Car-Tires/8385099/
sDeal.com.au is the melbourne based company and have been marketing discount automotive services for over 10 years. Our focus is to providing quality services and true value to our customers. To find more details on discount car servicing melbourne visit us.
Automobiles Articles1. Does Your Rv Have Hot Skin?
Author: James Brown
2. What Are The 5 Points To Select The Best Car Transport Service?
Author: Ivan Pavlov
3. Three Features Of The New 2017 Subaru Impreza
Author: Ben Sporn
4. Why You Should Finance Your New Or Used Car
5. How To Select The Best Auto Transport Services Out Of Thousands Competing?
Author: Ivan Pavlov
6. Saab Car Door Mirror In London
7. What Sort Of Points Need To Consider While Purchasing Motorcycle Tyre Online?
Author: My Tyre Point
8. Flexible Led Car Strip Headlight, G5, Gm Stepper Motors In Usa
9. How To Make Your Motorcycle Tour In Australia Successful?
Author: Levi Fysh
10. Know The True Worth Of Car, Classic Or Just Another Junk
Author: Callum Lansell
11. Purchasing Harley Starter Replacement From The Web!
12. How To Purchase Harley Starter Drives?
13. Guidelines On Purchasing Harley Starters!
14. 7 Car Financing Tips For Purchasing A New Or Used Car
Author: Haggerty Ford
15. Buying New Or Pre-owned Vehicles From Car Dealer
Author: Neal Weaver