ALL >> Business >> View Article
Reuniting Past And Present With Furniture Restoration In Orange County
Total Articles: 398
Before you decide to buy new set of furniture, why not consider restoring the old ones you have at your home? Restoring old furniture is economical. Not only that, you are preserving memories from the distant past and it’s even better than purchasing new furniture. When restoring old furniture, you are placing a new value on it that can lead in reuniting the past and the present.
Restoring your old furniture is simple, innovative and inexpensive way to make it look new without spending too much money.
Plan your budget. Of course, your project should have enough budget for repair, tools and paint.
Consider painting or coating your old furniture. First, you have to strip off the old paint or coat of your furniture. In removing the old coat, the best material to use is a rough piece of sandpaper. Strip off it again using fine-grade sandpaper this time to make your furniture free from the old coat. Wash down your furniture with mineral spirits to remove excess coat. You’re now ready to apply a new coating. For an old paint, you can remove it by using a chemical paint remover that is safe. Clean up the furniture with soap and warm water then apply mineral spirits for excess paint.
Fill in the holes and cracks. Before refinishing the furniture, make sure there are no holes or cracks. Cabinet Refinishing in Orange County can help you with that. Strip off the old paint or coat, and then utilize wood filler – it can help you to fill in the holes and cracks. If this does not work, you have no choice but to put another layer of wood to finish it. Then, use sandpaper the next day to level off the wood fill. Custom cabinet in Orange County CA will be able to lend a hand if you don’t have enough time to do it.
One should have a good set of tools. If you consider restoring your old furniture, then you must also invest on tools that would help you to start and finish the project.
These are the tools you need:
Putty knives (plastic and metal)
Look for a handy guidebook. If you still don’t have an idea on what to do or where to start on your furniture restoration project, get a guidebook to find the answers on your questions. It’s better to have a guidebook than looking up on it on the internet.
Repair before repaint. If your furniture has some damages like crack or broken hinges, repair it first. Leather desk top repair in Orange County can lend you a hand on furniture repair.
Be safe. Yes, it’s not a chemical-related project but you still need to put safety first. Wear a long-sleeved clothing for skin protection and safety glasses to shield the eyes. You can also wear a mask when putting a varnish on furniture.
You’re ready now to start your furniture restoration project.
Business Articles1. Why Indian Crafts Is A Best Company To Buy Furniture Online ?
Author: Mukesh Tiwari
2. How Does Digital Marketing Works? And What Is Importance Of Digital Marketing?
Author: MBHITECH Solutions
3. What To Know More About Outsourcing Accounting Services?
4. How To Manage The Accounting Service For Your Business?
5. Thermal Fluid Heat Transfer Systems
6. Employee Provident Fund, Labour Law, Employees State Insurance Consultant In Mumbai
Author: ATSCO Corporation
7. Top Mba Colleges In Jaipur
8. Android App Development Company In Usa, Android App Development Web Services, Android App Developmen
9. The Case For Growth Of Car Parking Tensile Structure In India
Author: Tensile Structure
10. Photocopier, Currency Counting Machines And Cctv Service Provider In Mumbai
Author: Amtech Enterprises
11. Why Opt For Custom Shipping Crates?
Author: Kurt Heimbrock
12. למעלה קבלני חיתוך בטון
13. Pain Management Doctors In San Antonio Texas
14. Regular Professional Mold Inspections Ottawa – Why Every Homeowner Should Consider
Author: Mark Simon
15. Online Class Help, My Online Class Help