ALL >> Environment >> View Article
Sustainable Development In India - A Step Towards A Better Tomorrow
Total Articles: 185
Being a developing nation, India is going through major changes in the past few years. The Indian economy is moving ahead towards growth and development; but the alarming fact is, almost 70% of the country’s economic yield comes from the urban sector. Due to this, more and more people from the rural sectors are moving to urban locations in search of employment and a better infrastructure.
Unfortunately Indian cities are not equipped for offering the required infrastructure to cater to this surging population. Most cities, especially metros, are facing challenges like unreliable power supply, inadequate medical facilities and erratic public transportation.
To accommodate the surging population in cities and metros, industries have started shifting base to the outskirts of the cities. Most major industries have moved from cities and have encroached in to the rural green belt and the forest zones to meet demand of living space and industrial development. This has given rise to issues like deforestation, which has given rise to a strong need for sustainable development in India. Sustainable development will ensure that we don’t compromise on the resources meant for the next generation.
Challenges Faced by Sustainable Development
Sustainable development in India is the need of the hour. Being one of the most populated nations in the world; the infrastructure, transportation, medication and sanitation problems in India are much higher than most other developing nations. Here are some of the most common challenges faced by India, which calls for sustainable development.
• With the surging population, providing clean drinking water remains the biggest challenge
• Agricultural land is being encroached upon, which will have a negative effect on the food production.
• Deforestation is an issue that needs to be addressed on a priority
• Energy consumption is on an extreme rise, but most of the energy resources are natural and fast depleting. Using sustainable energy sources like solar energy and wind energy is the need of the hour.
There are other challenges that may hamper the sustainability of the Indian natural resources. There needs to be awareness about conserving natural resources and promoting sustainable resources that will provide equal opportunities for future generations in using these resources.
Another important aspect is providing equal opportunities to everyone, irrespective of their location, background and ability. Adopting diversity initiatives like equal opportunities in terms of infrastructure, medication, sanitation and employment throughout the country will curb the hordes of rural population from migrating to cities. If that happens, Indian cities and towns will not crumble while providing basic amenities to the population. This model will lead to a much structured infrastructure and promote sustainability throughout the country.
Basic Initiatives and Opportunities for a Better Society
Some of the most basic but equally important diversity initiatives and opportunities that need to be undertaken by the Government are as follows.
• Right to education for the girl child
• Providing opportunities and infrastructure to the disabled population
• Providing equal educational and infrastructural opportunities in the rural and urban sector
• Improvising the infrastructure, sanitation, health facilities in the rural areas and creating job opportunities, so the rural population can be self reliant and stop relocating to over-crowded urban sectors.
These initiatives will not just promote equal opportunities and a sustainable model of development, it will also promote nation building.
Environment Articles1. An Impressive Technology To Reduce Waste At Your Commercial Places
Author: Digital marketing manager and content writer
2. Sustain Life With The Waste Management Of Bluestream
Author: Aastha Kapoor
4. Complete Weddings + Events Hyderabad Best Photography, Dj, Video And Photo - Crazy Events
5. Why Now Is The Best Time To Go Solar?
Author: Ryan Armstrong
6. Different Types Of Ventilation Systems
Author: Paul Adam
7. Recording Studios In Hyderabad - Music Recording Studio - Multai
8. Simple Ways To Maintain A Healthy Lawn In The Summer Season
Author: Nelson Smitty
9. Summer Flowers And Wine Pairing
Author: Anuj Tyagi
10. Activated Alumina Fluoride Removal.
11. 3 Things To Consider When Installing Tier 1 Solar Panels
Author: Jecob Thompson
12. How Are Vacuum Pumps In Lethbridge Used
Author: Jacob James
13. The Best Wildlife Control Services In Morris County
14. Does Environment & 3d Printing Goes Hand In Hand
Author: 3D Spectra Technologies LLP
15. A Perfect Date In The Clouds
Author: SkyWaltz Balloon Safari