ALL >> Environment >> View Article
Sustainable Communities – Making A Difference In India
Total Articles: 185
There is a great tidal wave in India, one of sustainable living. The good news is that this tidal wave is here to stay and make a difference to the lives of many Indians, at present and in the future. Many industries in the Indian corporate sector have adapted the sustainable pattern of business. Along with corporate sustainability, there are lots of sustainable communities that have found a place for themselves in India. The motive of these communities is to promote the sustainable pattern of living. These sustainable units focus on environmental sustainability but alongside that, they also promote social equality and economic sustainability.
Sustainable Modules in the Community
In India, there are a lot of community service projects that perform on the sustainability module of living. They thrive on developing and building sustainable communities across the country. Their aim is not just promoting a sustainable way of life but also giving back to the society, through philanthropic work and helping build a better community. Like CSR and NGO’s, these communities work towards reducing the ecological damage and providing an economic sustainable module for the society. Here are some of the common principles that a sustainable society functions on
• Switching to a renewable source of energy like using solar and wind energy
• Water management with projects like rain water harvesting and irrigation
• Waste management by recycling and reusing
• Adapting Sustainable fishing and avoiding excessive grazing and farming
• Building eco-friendly homes
• Using electric/hybrid cars in a bid to save natural fuel
The list is never ending as sustainable communities adapt a completely new way of living and discard practices and habits that can cause damage to the environment in any manner. These communities are mostly sponsored by major industries in the Indian corporate sector or set up with the help of NGO’s. On its part, the Indian Government too is making a lot of attempt in bringing about changes in the rural sector. It is easier to introduce ecological sustainability in rural India because most of them already follow a sustainable living pattern to a certain extent. For example, solar energy is prominently used in the rural areas; also most house in the rural sector are mud and bamboo based and both these materials are eco-friendly.
The Role of Community Service in India
CSR initiatives are also focused on making rural India self contained, so they have introduced several community service projects. Most of these projects focus on providing the rural population with job opportunities, healthcare service and a better infrastructure. Education is the biggest pillar to create a sustainable society; hence a lot of NGO’s and CSR’s are working with the government to provide education. Sustainable Education will provide the students with relevant skills that they can use as employees, when they start working in the corporate sector.
These projects thrive with the help of volunteers who work with NGO’s and also with funding from the corporate structure. Apart from promoting a sustainable way of life, NGO’s and CSR’s have also helped during times of calamities and natural disasters around the country. In the long run, sustainable communities are the need of the hour and the sooner India adapts itself in to one, the better.
Environment Articles1. How Solar Energy Works And How You Could Take Advantage From It?
Author: Solar Etribe
2. Battle Of The Solar Manufacturers
3. An Intro To The Solar Hot Water Heater
Author: Ross Barkely
4. Say Hello To The Highly-efficient Solar On Grid Systems
Author: Solar on Grid Systems
5. Epa To Consider Controlling Polyfluoroalkyl Substances
Author: Environmental Resource Center
6. Solar Products Manufacturers In India
Author: Solar E tribe
7. The Future Of Solar Energy In The India What To Expect
Author: SOLAR eTRIBE
8. Solar Installation Training In India. How To Become One?
Author: SOLAR eTRIBE
9. Looking For Solar Leads? Find A Lead
10. How To Choose The Right Solar Energy Leads
Author: Solar e tribe
11. How Can India Become Globally Competitive In Solar Module Manufacturing
12. FundaciÓn Bioplanet - Lucha Por El Cambio ClimÁtico
Author: FUNDACIÓN BIOPLANET
13. Indoor Air Quality Maintenance – Important Factors To Know
Author: Mark Simon
14. Pest Control In Glasgow By Pest Control Expert Yaser Rashid
Author: Yaser Rashid
15. Radon Mitigation Ottawa – Improving Air Quality To Improve The Atmosphere
Author: Mark Simon