ALL >> Environment >> View Article
Environmental Sustainability - The Key To A Sustainable Life
Total Articles: 185
Preserving the environment in a way that the future generations can get access to the same or rather enhanced resources is the need of the hour. A sustainable model of living is being adapted across the world and India too has its own sustainability goals. The government has been working with the private sector and NGO’s for a long time to promote the sustainable model of living in the Indian society.
Sustainability can be adapted in every aspect of life; however, the most important grounds for sustainability are social, economical and environmental sustainability. Interestingly, these aspects of sustainability are intertwined with each other and their focus is practicing one with an intention of promoting the other two. The current ecological situation in India doesn’t look promising, especially for the coming generations. If it declines any further, it will have a negative impact on the social as well as economic growth of the country. Due to this preserving the environment is the most important feature of the sustainability pattern.
Environmental Sustainability is using the natural resources (non renewable) in a manner that it doesn’t impact the capacity of the future generations to utilize them for meeting their personal needs. In India, population is the detrimental factor for ecological sustainability as human consumption directly impacts sustainability. The ever increasing population of India is increasing human consumption, adding to the pollution and increasing biological waste. Here is what can be done to improvise the situation and promoting a sustainable environment.
• Restrict the consumption of non renewable natural resources and finding alternative renewable resources
• Cleaner energy sources like Solar Energy or Wind Energy should be promoted.
• Recycling and reusing things, which can promote waste management.
• Rain Water Harvesting is a unique way to promote conservation of water.
• Prevent deforestation, overfishing, excessive grazing and other such activities that can deplete the natural resources.
• Using hybrid cars as an attempt to save natural resources.
• Reducing non-recyclable and toxic materials like plastic or Styrofoam etc
These are some of the few ways India can promote a sustainable environment. It also gives opportunities for research and introducing newer renewable sources of energy, which emit lower levels of greenhouse gases.
The Role of Corporate Sector in Promoting Biological Sustainability
The corporate sector has undertaken the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative that allows them to engage in actions that promote social and environmental wellbeing. Environmental Sustainability is perhaps the most important initiative of the organizations that follow the CSR module in business. Some of the most common aspects of this initiative are as follows
• Research and development of newer renewable energy sources.
• Having a control over utilizing non renewable resources and reducing their carbon footprint in the atmosphere.
• Reutilizing and recycling materials in production to encourage waste management.
• Maximizing the use of digital technology (helps save paper, hence prevents deforestation)
• Adapting the Green Technology initiatives that help in developing and promoting biological sustainability.
These CSR initiatives for ecological sustainability are responsible for improvement and development of environmental sustainability.
Environment Articles1. Simple Ways To Maintain A Healthy Lawn In The Summer Season
Author: Nelson Smitty
2. Summer Flowers And Wine Pairing
Author: Anuj Tyagi
3. Activated Alumina Fluoride Removal.
4. 3 Things To Consider When Installing Tier 1 Solar Panels
Author: Jecob Thompson
5. How Are Vacuum Pumps In Lethbridge Used
Author: Jacob James
6. The Best Wildlife Control Services In Morris County
7. Does Environment & 3d Printing Goes Hand In Hand
Author: 3D Spectra Technologies LLP
8. A Perfect Date In The Clouds
Author: SkyWaltz Balloon Safari
9. Kenya To Produce Fertilizer From Hyacinth
Author: Elena Forbes
10. Call Centers In India: A Step Towards A New Era
11. How Solar Energy Works And How You Could Take Advantage From It?
Author: Solar Etribe
12. Battle Of The Solar Manufacturers
13. An Intro To The Solar Hot Water Heater
Author: Ross Barkely
14. Say Hello To The Highly-efficient Solar On Grid Systems
Author: Solar on Grid Systems
15. Epa To Consider Controlling Polyfluoroalkyl Substances
Author: Environmental Resource Center