ALL >> Environment >> View Article
Environmental Sustainability - The Key To A Sustainable Life
Total Articles: 185
Preserving the environment in a way that the future generations can get access to the same or rather enhanced resources is the need of the hour. A sustainable model of living is being adapted across the world and India too has its own sustainability goals. The government has been working with the private sector and NGO’s for a long time to promote the sustainable model of living in the Indian society.
Sustainability can be adapted in every aspect of life; however, the most important grounds for sustainability are social, economical and environmental sustainability. Interestingly, these aspects of sustainability are intertwined with each other and their focus is practicing one with an intention of promoting the other two. The current ecological situation in India doesn’t look promising, especially for the coming generations. If it declines any further, it will have a negative impact on the social as well as economic growth of the country. Due to this preserving the environment is the most important feature of the sustainability pattern.
Environmental Sustainability is using the natural resources (non renewable) in a manner that it doesn’t impact the capacity of the future generations to utilize them for meeting their personal needs. In India, population is the detrimental factor for ecological sustainability as human consumption directly impacts sustainability. The ever increasing population of India is increasing human consumption, adding to the pollution and increasing biological waste. Here is what can be done to improvise the situation and promoting a sustainable environment.
• Restrict the consumption of non renewable natural resources and finding alternative renewable resources
• Cleaner energy sources like Solar Energy or Wind Energy should be promoted.
• Recycling and reusing things, which can promote waste management.
• Rain Water Harvesting is a unique way to promote conservation of water.
• Prevent deforestation, overfishing, excessive grazing and other such activities that can deplete the natural resources.
• Using hybrid cars as an attempt to save natural resources.
• Reducing non-recyclable and toxic materials like plastic or Styrofoam etc
These are some of the few ways India can promote a sustainable environment. It also gives opportunities for research and introducing newer renewable sources of energy, which emit lower levels of greenhouse gases.
The Role of Corporate Sector in Promoting Biological Sustainability
The corporate sector has undertaken the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative that allows them to engage in actions that promote social and environmental wellbeing. Environmental Sustainability is perhaps the most important initiative of the organizations that follow the CSR module in business. Some of the most common aspects of this initiative are as follows
• Research and development of newer renewable energy sources.
• Having a control over utilizing non renewable resources and reducing their carbon footprint in the atmosphere.
• Reutilizing and recycling materials in production to encourage waste management.
• Maximizing the use of digital technology (helps save paper, hence prevents deforestation)
• Adapting the Green Technology initiatives that help in developing and promoting biological sustainability.
These CSR initiatives for ecological sustainability are responsible for improvement and development of environmental sustainability.
Environment Articles1. Solar Installation Training In India. How To Become One?
Author: SOLAR eTRIBE
2. Looking For Solar Leads? Find A Lead
3. How To Choose The Right Solar Energy Leads
Author: Solar e tribe
4. How Can India Become Globally Competitive In Solar Module Manufacturing
5. FundaciÓn Bioplanet - Lucha Por El Cambio ClimÁtico
Author: FUNDACIÓN BIOPLANET
6. Indoor Air Quality Maintenance – Important Factors To Know
Author: Mark Simon
7. Pest Control In Glasgow By Pest Control Expert Yaser Rashid
Author: Yaser Rashid
8. Radon Mitigation Ottawa – Improving Air Quality To Improve The Atmosphere
Author: Mark Simon
9. All You Need To Know About Maintaining Indoor Air Quality Ottawa
Author: Mark Simon
10. " How To Manage Your Quickbooks Advanced Inventory?"
Author: manage your expenses with QuickBooks
11. Why Is Aeration So Beneficial For Rivers And Pond Water !
Author: boris martin
12. How You Can Use Snow Goose Hunting In Positive Manner
Author: Snow Goose Hunting
13. Storm Damage — 5 Things To Consider
Author: mark hope
14. Inspirational Quotes
Author: Inspirational Quotes
15. What Causes Renal Failure?
Author: mani pal