ALL >> Environment >> View Article
Ecological Sustainability For A Better Tomorrow
Total Articles: 185
Sustainable living is the need of the hour for the 1.2 billion residents of India. To provide a better tomorrow for the future generations, Indians should have started sustainable development long ago. The good news is it is not too late to start making a difference now, so that the natural resources don’t deplete. There is a dire need for India to manage its natural resources for ecological sustainability, so that there is equality in the use of natural resources between the present generation and the generations to come.
How to Conserve Natural Resources?
It is common knowledge that natural resources are energy sources found in the biosphere and they cannot be created by humans. Air, water, energy, oil, wood, coal, hydro electric energy etc are some of the commonly used natural resources. Despite knowing the importance of these energy sources, they are not used in an appropriate manner. Most of these resources are non renewable so it is important to conserve them. Here is what can be done to conserve natural resources
• Limit the use of non renewable natural resources and use alternate energy sources. Instead of natural gas; use solar, wind or hydro powered energy sources
• Rain Water Harvesting helps in water conservation
• Use a hybrid car that runs on electricity saves gas and fuel
• Start using tree free paper made from bamboo or hemp, which will reduce deforestation.
How to Promote Ecological Sustainability in India?
If you look around, there are many small things you can do to reduce the use of natural resources and rely on sustainable sources. Ecological sustainability can also be promoted by conservation of wildlife and genetic diversity. Here are the important steps to promote ecological balance
• Reuse – Stopping wastage is extremely essential for conservation. Simple things like writing on both sides of the paper, use newspaper to make paper bags, etc can stop waste
• Recycle – There are many things around us that can be recycled and used again. Paper, aluminum tins, glass, bio-degradable waste, water etc can be recycled and used.
• Replacing natural resources with sustainable materials, like eco-friendly building materials, solar energy instead of natural gas etc.
• Adapting Green technology helps in reducing carbon footprints.
All these changes will have a positive effect on the environment. This sustainable development will ensure that the coming generations in India will not pay for the mistakes committed by the current generation.
The next level of precaution to maintain an ecological balance is undertaking green technology. In simple terms, green tech is an eco friendly initiative taken by the industrial sector in India and around the world. Here is a quick look how Green tech can help India in sustainability
• The main aim is to reduce the damage caused to the environment, especially as a result of industrialization.
• Adopting energy efficient technology allows in reducing the carbon emissions and promotes sustainability. It also promotes the production of environmental friendly products like renewable energy resources, recycling waste.
• The manufacturing units in green tech industries do not pollute the environment.
• Green technology makes use of renewable natural resources like solar or wind power, which cannot deplete.
All these aspects make green tech initiative in India the most viable way of running the industrial sector and preserving nature.
Environment Articles1. Summer Solstice : The Scientific Influence Of The Longest Day Of The Year
2. Healthy Environment For Self-confidence
3. Restop To Discuss Successful Innovations To Manage Human Waste At Sustainable Summits Conference
4. Essential Oil Uses That Helps To Cure Cold Relief
Author: vrinda organics
5. Use Peddle Bins For A Cleaner Environment
Author: Chetan Rathod
6. Restop To Present On Environmentally-friendly Outdoor Sanitation At Overland Expo West
7. Effects Of Harmonics In Power System:
Author: Omprakash M
8. Some Important Steps Taken By The Industries To Manage The Electronic Waste
Author: Pankaj Kumar
9. Brief Relief To Showcase Personal Lavatory Systems At Windpower Expo 2018
10. External And Internal Structure Of Earth
Author: Arun Mohan
11. When You Should Use A Soaker Hose
Author: Jacob James
12. Why Are Investors Turning Significantly Towards Solar Energy?
Author: Zena Winn
13. Tips To Save Money While Working With Junk Removal Service
Author: Dave Kocemba
14. An Impressive Technology To Reduce Waste At Your Commercial Places
Author: Digital marketing manager and content writer
15. Sustain Life With The Waste Management Of Bluestream
Author: Aastha Kapoor