ALL >> Marketing >> View Article
The Dupion Silk Saree – Weave In Its Natural Form.By Expert Author: parineeti
The Dupion Silk Saree has a charismatic appeal in its weaving. The natural uneven lumps of the silk yarn , is maintained in the fabric weave to form an intended pattern that is unique and appealing.
Dupion is also known as Dupioni or Douppioni. Dupion Silk is one of the purest silks in its natural form. It is easily distinguished from other forms of silk by its inherent property of lumps or silk knots within the yarn fabric.
This happens when two silkworms in creating their own cocoons, spin them so close to each other that the yarn gets tangled up. The yarn of tangled fibres is taken up in the same form in making the silk thread. The spun thread is thick, coarse and has bumps and irregularities.
The inherent qualities of the Dupion Silk Saree makes it suitable for dyeing the yarn to any colour, is comparatively easy to sew, and is highly wrinkle-resistant. The creases on the fabric form so well that it assumes a crisp and neat look. The uneven weave with nubs (lumps of yarn) showing at regular intervals form an unconscious pattern indicative of an underlying design.
Dupion silk does not have stretch ability hence measurements would have to be exact before cutting out patterns. Also, the texture is not as fine as other silks and edges have a tendency of unravelling.
Double cocoons are usually reeled on the Charakha, or hand-spinning wheel. But the Dupion Reeling Machine has also been introduced and these days they are also used. Karnataka, is one of the main producers of this type of yarn.
The Dupion Silk Saree is woven with two threads apart from the nubs which create a shimmering effect when the fabric is viewed from certain angles.
Dupion Silk Sarees are low priced when compared to pure silk sarees. With adornments of pearls, beads, kundans and sequins they are much-preferred wear for wedding ceremonies.
Exclusive Dupion Silks with Bagru block prints, woven in the Bandhani tie-dye style are most fascinating. The Fancy Dupion Silk Saree having embroidered patch borders is also most charming.
Latest trends of block circle and diamond prints on the Dupion Silk Saree with printed border and designer pallu to match, is definitely a fashion fabric for college parties, corporate conferences and traditional festivals.
Zari buttis on the Dupion Silk sari have a resham border that render a beautiful sight. They are most suitable for wedding functions, as bridal attire and for social get-togethers.
Marketing Articles1. Cover Every Industry Vertical And Reach High-level Decision Makers With Alpha Software Users List
Author: Jardon Smith
2. Why Marketplace Model Is Creating A Buzz In Ecommerce World?
3. Why Should One Install An Interactive Touch Screen Kiosk?
Author: Raza Khan
4. A Strong, Consistent Brand, Build Up Over Time, Is The Best Guarantee Of Future Earnings
5. Boost Your E-commerce Business Trough Email Marketing
Author: Monika Dugal
6. Stove And Water Filter Parts Best Deals This 2017!!!
Author: Ring Hot Water
7. How To Get More Leads For Hvac Services
8. 5 Ways To Provide Great Exposure For Your Content
Author: Peit Morey
9. Promote Live Events Using Sms Marketing
10. 3d Lettering : Signage Letters And Logos Focus On Absolute Quality
Author: Mike Layman
11. How Can Cloud Computing Benefit A Company?
12. Improve Your Marketing With The Help Of Bulk Sms
Author: Christina James
13. Advertise With Us
14. Choose Bulk Sms Services For Your Business
Author: Naveen Karma
15. Personal Injury – Tips To Generate Attorney Leads