ALL >> Business >> View Article
Polyester Yarn – How This Beneficial Product Is Manufactured?
Total Articles: 105
Polyester is a synthetic fiber and is a derivative of coal, air, water and petroleum. Polyester fibers were created in a 20th Century laboratory from a chemical reaction between an acid and alcohol, wherein two or more molecules were merged to form a large repetitive molecule structure throughout their length. Polyester fibers can create strong and stable molecules.
Polyester fibers are made into a yarn and sent to textile mills for manufacturing various products like clothing, home furnishings, industrial fabrics, and recording tapes and even for insulation of electrical items. Polyester has many benefits over traditional fabric raw materials such as cotton. It is resistant to fire, moisture and stain and thus it can be used in manufacturing rain coats and fire-resistant coats. Fabrics made from it are wrinkle free and do not shrink. They can also be dyed easily. Most of all, textured polyester fibers are effective insulators not allergic to the body and thus used as fillers for pillows, quilting, outside wear, and even as sleeping bags during camping and tenting. With so many benefits of polyester yarns, it would be exciting to know about its manufacturing process:
Majority of the polyesters are created from petroleum which provides its constituent acids and alcohols. Though the actual process of its manufacturing differs between manufacturers and is very less known because it is a trade secret, there are some general steps that can provide information about polyester yarn manufacturing:
1) Polymerization – Condensation polymerization is done by reaction of acid and alcohol in a vacuum at high temperatures. The polymerized material is forced into ribbon shape onto a casting trough or cooling wheel. After solidifying of the ribbon, it is sliced into chips.
2) Spinning – After the chips are dried, they are placed into hopper reservoirs for the purpose of melting them. Polyester is in essence a “melt spun” fiber implying that it is heated, forced via spinnerets and cooled through the air passed over it. After this, it is freely wound around cylinders.
3) Drawing – Once the spinning process is over, the fibers are stretched by heating them till they are nearly five times their original length and this is done for reducing its width. After this, the fiber is wound on cones in the shape of filaments or is crimpled and cut into staple lengths.
Creation of Yarns
Once the fiber or filaments are created, they are made into a yarn. Basically there are two types of polyester yarns: filament and spun. In filament yarns, long polyester filaments are grouped and twisted to thicken them and make them tough. Monofilament yarns have only one non-twisted long polyester fiber.
In spun yarns, long filaments are cut into staple or standard pieces and then blended and spun to make a yarn consisting of short filaments in thousands.
Amongst the various polyester yarn manufacturers, Fiber Partner is the leading manufacturer of high tenacity polyester yarn. It has nearly 150 years experience catering to its clients spread across the globe.
Business Articles1. Gst Accounting Software
2. The Greener Solution To Cleaner Water
Author: Leslie WaterWorks
3. Concrete Contractors, Concrete Driveway, Tree Removal Lot Clearing - St. Helen
Author: Jeffrey Jones
4. Valuable Information About Chauffeur Car Services In Paris
5. Pictures Of Dogs And Puppies
6. Advantages Of Using Shackles For Lifting Heavy Loads
Author: Asmita Lokhande
7. How To Get High Rank On Google Using Latest Seo Techniques
Author: Anderson Mark
8. Collaboration Is Important For Getting Things Done, If Handled Properly
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
9. Top Online Accounting Software In 2017
Author: Mohit Yadev
10. Strategies For Share Trading
Author: Darren Bentley
11. Static Caravan Dealers
12. Opportunities For The Global Frp Pole Market To Reach $322.1 Million By 2022
Author: Lucintel LLC
13. Excellent Software Training Program By Enosis Learning - Creating Software Professionals
Author: biz porto
14. Buy Curtains Online
15. Surefire Favor Ideas To Perk Up Beach Wedding
Author: Steve Hardin