ALL >> Business >> View Article
Polyester Yarn – How This Beneficial Product Is Manufactured?
Total Articles: 105
Polyester is a synthetic fiber and is a derivative of coal, air, water and petroleum. Polyester fibers were created in a 20th Century laboratory from a chemical reaction between an acid and alcohol, wherein two or more molecules were merged to form a large repetitive molecule structure throughout their length. Polyester fibers can create strong and stable molecules.
Polyester fibers are made into a yarn and sent to textile mills for manufacturing various products like clothing, home furnishings, industrial fabrics, and recording tapes and even for insulation of electrical items. Polyester has many benefits over traditional fabric raw materials such as cotton. It is resistant to fire, moisture and stain and thus it can be used in manufacturing rain coats and fire-resistant coats. Fabrics made from it are wrinkle free and do not shrink. They can also be dyed easily. Most of all, textured polyester fibers are effective insulators not allergic to the body and thus used as fillers for pillows, quilting, outside wear, and even as sleeping bags during camping and tenting. With so many benefits of polyester yarns, it would be exciting to know about its manufacturing process:
Majority of the polyesters are created from petroleum which provides its constituent acids and alcohols. Though the actual process of its manufacturing differs between manufacturers and is very less known because it is a trade secret, there are some general steps that can provide information about polyester yarn manufacturing:
1) Polymerization – Condensation polymerization is done by reaction of acid and alcohol in a vacuum at high temperatures. The polymerized material is forced into ribbon shape onto a casting trough or cooling wheel. After solidifying of the ribbon, it is sliced into chips.
2) Spinning – After the chips are dried, they are placed into hopper reservoirs for the purpose of melting them. Polyester is in essence a “melt spun” fiber implying that it is heated, forced via spinnerets and cooled through the air passed over it. After this, it is freely wound around cylinders.
3) Drawing – Once the spinning process is over, the fibers are stretched by heating them till they are nearly five times their original length and this is done for reducing its width. After this, the fiber is wound on cones in the shape of filaments or is crimpled and cut into staple lengths.
Creation of Yarns
Once the fiber or filaments are created, they are made into a yarn. Basically there are two types of polyester yarns: filament and spun. In filament yarns, long polyester filaments are grouped and twisted to thicken them and make them tough. Monofilament yarns have only one non-twisted long polyester fiber.
In spun yarns, long filaments are cut into staple or standard pieces and then blended and spun to make a yarn consisting of short filaments in thousands.
Amongst the various polyester yarn manufacturers, Fiber Partner is the leading manufacturer of high tenacity polyester yarn. It has nearly 150 years experience catering to its clients spread across the globe.
Business Articles1. Corporate Events Company & Brand Building Of The Middle East
Author: Kari Events
2. Meeting Multistate Payroll Compliance Requirements Is Critical For Payroll Professionals
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
3. Sap Sd Interview Questions And Answers
4. Sap Fico Online Training
5. Sustainable Home Design
Author: Monnaie Architects
6. Why Power Banks Are Becoming The Most Important Phone Accessory
Author: Lloyd Simpson
7. Top 4 Appliances You Can Have Repaired By An Hvac Company
Author: Grand Home Services LLC
8. Corporate Entertainment Usa
9. Necessity Of Lethbridge Home Inspection For New Homes
Author: Mark Henry
10. Who To Trust For Availing Easy Loan Singapore
11. Equity Trading Strategies In Indian Capital Market.
Author: Sanjay Singh
12. Impact Of Fdi & Fii On Indian Stock Market
Author: Sanjay Singh
13. Pros And Cons Of Advertising In An Application
14. Samsung Ac Service Center Hyderabad
Author: srinika rao
15. Lg Refrigerator Service Center Hyderabad
Author: srinika rao