ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
A Personal Review Of The Aesthetic Importance Of Having Good Posture
Total Articles: 102
Proper body alignment (as in good posture) is of paramount aesthetic importance. To appreciate this one has to look no further than stage actors who have to play an older person. What is the first thing they do to purvey an aged look? They adjust their posture, which means a rolling of the shoulders forward with a pronounced rounding of the back, sunken chest and, last but not least, a head that tilts down. Some of the better actors will even adjust their gate (ie the way the walk), which is easy to do once your body is grossly misaligned. The walk of an older person with poor posture is typically very slow, cumbersome- looking, with feet dragging and head looking down. In fact, you could change nothing else about the actor, be it wardrobe, makeup or hair style and the fact is if they exhibit these poor posture characteristics they will STILL look old. Think of if you only looked at this person silhouette as they moped across the stage and then you turned the lights on to actually see a young person. This is how potent poor posture is in revealing someone’s age.
So what does all these theatrics mean to you? Here’s my review: It’s time for you to reassess your own body-alignment. Here’s how…
Stand up right now and relax your arms to your side and count to 10. Try to be as completely relaxed as possible. Now, I want you to look down at your hands and notice which direction your palms are facing. If your palms are facing directly behind then there is no doubt you have poor posture. If you palms are slightly rotated behind (but not all the way) then your posture could certainly use some improvement. If you have any doubts about this, ask someone you know love and trust to snap a profile picture of you while your standing up some time, without you knowing they are going to take a picture. Then review the picture and judge your own body-alinement. You might be surprised at what you see in terms of how bad it really is.
Because actors use poor posture, almost without exception, to play an older person you need to ask yourself how you wish the rest of the world to perceive you. As old and sloppy –or-young and virile? The choice is yours. I know how I would answer….
Thanks for reading all my reviews!
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. The Rise Of Led Video Walls
Author: Jamie Eliott
2. Motorolarepairing.uk – Motorola Repair Service Centre Uk
3. Sony Playstation Planning For Big Changes
4. Want To Make The Best Advantage Of Your Traffic, Try Load Balancing
Author: Daniel Padilla
5. Icv Software For Business- Increasing Productivity For Long Term Business Success
Author: Jessica E Taylor
6. Htc Screen Repair London/htcrepairing.uk
7. Issues And Fixes For Hp Laptops & Computers In The Uk
Author: Angel Smith
8. Professional Multibrand Mobile Phone Repair Centre In The Uk
9. Htc Onem8 Screen Replacement Edinburgh/htcrepairing.uk
10. Issue Resolved For Xbox One S Error Code 107
11. Top 4 Us Tech Support Service Companies
12. Best Htc Repair Centre Newcastle
13. Html5 Website Builders Useful For Web Developers
Author: Amit Kumawat
14. Issues And Fixes For Tablet Repair Services In The Uk
Author: Angel Smith
15. Nokia Lumia 735 Screen Replacement Cardiff