ALL >> Business >> View Article
The Growing Agriculture System In Canada
Total Articles: 105
In the overall well-being of Canada, agriculture has played a major role and in the coming decades, this sector will be creating immense opportunities both in terms of food production and providing employment to people.
In the worldwide agriculture market, Canada holds a good position because of its effective systems and policies, which make sure the following of production standards of global level. The agriculture industry in Canada employs some of the best practices and it is highly recognized for the innovation it brings in its food products and the excellent quality of the same. This has helped it to become the foundation of Canada’s economy and a propelling force in Canada’s international trade.
Agriculture in the European Union
The EU (European Union) has now become the world’s largest agricultural goods importer. The relative market position of Canada with regards to EU has a lot to do with EU’s market needs. Majority of EU’s agricultural products are produced in Canada and therefore it is viewed as a potential competitor to the domestic good production done in most of the EU markets.
Significance of the agriculture sector in the Canadian Economy:
The agriculture and agri-food system includes many industries like farm input and service supplier industries, primary agriculture, food and beverage processing, distribution of food, retail, wholesale and even foodservice industries. It plays a vital role in federal and provincial economies where it greatly contributes to Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and employment, facilitating direct provision of one in eight jobs, employing about 2.1 million people and adding about 8.0% of overall GDP. Though primary agriculture forms only a small share, about 1.7% of the GDP, it is the soul of Canada’s agricultural system and is growing at an average rate of 1.4% per year since 1997.
The Global Scenario:
During the recession period in America, the Canadian agricultural trade had slowed down but now it is growing, with attention also begin given on the international front. Now more number of higher-value added processed goods and primary agriculture products are exported which fulfill global requirements. Canada is the sixth-largest exporter of agricultural products worth $40.3 billion.
Constituents of the Agriculture System of Canada
Consumers - The changing needs of consumers and society is also bringing changes in the entire agriculture system of Canada. Now consumers are demanding more healthy and organic foods which are of high quality and safety.
Family farms are evolving according to the dynamic market conditions. Thus number of farms is reducing but they are increasing in area. Modifications are also seen in the mixture of crops and livestock production. Canola and soybean have become dominant. Production of grains, oil seeds and red meat has also boosted and consequently there has been a price rise of higher fuel, feed and fertilizer.
Amongst a lot of firms providing tools for measurement of agriculture related materials, Alectronic Scale Systems Inc. is the leading one supplying agricultural weighing scales for mixers, weighing animals and other purposes.
Business Articles1. Which Steps Are To Be Followed To Ensure Efficient Wastewater Recycling System
Author: Steve Cherng
2. Valhalla Mining Offers: What We Offer And Who We Are
3. Should I Invest In Bitcoin In 2017? Here’s What You Need To Know
4. Our Cryptocurrency Exchange And Bitcoin Mining Services Are The Best
5. How Does Cryptocurrency Ming And Bitcoin Mining Work?
6. Valhalla Mining - Service Overview, Technology, For Sellers, For Buyers The Benefits Of Cryptocurren
7. Can You Make Profit With Bitcoin And Cryptocurrency Mining? Is Bitcoin Mining And Cryptocurrency Min
8. A Beginners Guide To Cryptocurrency Mining: What Should You Know?
9. Popular Established Sites That Appreciate Bitcoins And Cryptocurrency Mining.
10. Disadvantages Of Cryptocurrency Mining
11. 4 Reasons Why Merchandising Plays An Important Role In Retail Sales
Author: Lily Alvin
12. Have You Ever Read About Digital Currency Mining?
13. Buying And Investing In Cryptocurrency
14. Elucidation Of Bitcoin Cloud Mining
15. Get Better Returns Than Stock Market And Real Estate Through Bitcoin Mining