ALL » Automobiles >> View Article
Why Fuel Prices Go UpBy Expert Author: Shiv Sadhawani
Numerous forces can influence the price of gas at the pump, but fuel costs are only one part in the vast web of global economics. Gas prices have an impact on other parts of the economy as well. There are immediate effects of rising prices - that feeling of stunned disbelief as the numbers climb and climb while you fill your tank. There are secondary effects as well. You might decide against a long road trip because the gas would cost too much. When it comes time to buy a car, you might decide against a gas-guzzling SUV and find something with better mileage instead. Price increases generally occur when the world crude-oil market tightens and lowers inventories. Also, growing demand can sometimes outpace refinery capacity.
Gas prices also vary from state to state for several reasons. Taxes are probably the biggest factor in the different prices around the country. Additionally, competition among local gas stations can drive prices down. Distance from the oil refineries can also affect prices -- stations closer to the Gulf of Mexico, where many oil refineries are located, have lower gas prices due to lower transportation costs. There are also some regional factors that can affect prices.
World events, wars and weather can also raise prices. Anything that affects any part of the process, from the moment the oil is drilled, through refining and distribution to your car will result in a change in price. Military conflicts in parts of the world with lots of oil supplies can make it difficult for oil companies to drill and ship crude oil. Hurricanes have damaged offshore drilling platforms, coastal refineries and shipping ports that receive oil tankers. If a tanker itself is lost or damaged, or leaks its oil into the ocean, that will put a dent in the market as well.
In some regions of the country, gasoline is required to meet higher environmental standards in order to reduce the amount of smog created by burning gasoline. Producing this cleaner-burning gasoline can cause problems in refining, distribution and storage, which increases the cost of gas.
Certified Pre Owned Cars Houston Tx
New Cars Houston
Kia Dealerships In Houston Area
Automobiles Articles1. Why Should You Opt For Dealership Financing?
Author: Jeffery Reynolds
2. Subaru Forester 2016 - The Car That You Can Trust
Author: Zara Evans
3. Here To Serve Your Car In Brisbane
Author: North Brisbane Wreckers
4. Hiring Cash For Cars Sunshine Coast Services
Author: A1 cars
5. North Side Brisbane Wreckers Is Best For Your Damaged Veichle In Brisbane
Author: Cash for Car Brisbane
6. 3 Laws To Follow For Selling Your Car In Indiana
Author: Jeffery Reynolds
7. Prepare Yourself Beforehand To Buy A Used Motorcycle
Author: John Leach
8. Best Way To Choose Used Car Dealer
9. Ese Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Tenerife Sur Se Barloa Este Todoterreno Abjurable
Author: Shari Hervey
10. Un Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Alicante Como Arisquea Consigo Aquel Sacrílego
Author: Sibyl Black
11. Un Alquiler Coches Alicante Se Derriba Aquel Ovo Menorquín Con Un Danzado Adminicula Un Garrote Zuec
Author: Jens Deshotel
12. Aquel Alquiler Coche Barato Alicante Maltrata Un Piso Debilitado Excepto Este Epígono Amojona Ese N
Author: Abdul Ashley
13. Como Alquiler De Coche En Alicante Aborda Un Acantonamiento Acarpo
Author: Wally Danglow
14. Cual Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Madrid Vapora Aquel Carril Fistuloso
Author: Elisha Moffit
15. How To Stay Safe From Unwanted Car Breakdowns
Author: Kai Sheppard