ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Why I Have Always Loved Old Cars
Total Articles: 312
From the time I can remember, each year my father, three brothers, myself and our grandfather would take a week away in the summer and go on a tour of old cars shows around the country. We would try to see different old cars shows each year (you'd be amazed by how many there are to choose from!). So I guess you could say that I have come to my love for old cars honestly. It has literally been growing in me since the time I can remember. My mother, grandmother and sisters would take that same week each year to enjoy at our lakeside cabin, and even though we offered for them to join us for the old car shows, they never seemed interested.
At first, I loved going to the old cars shows because it was a great time to spend with the guys I loved most. My dad didn't get very much time off of work, so when he did we made sure to enjoy it. I didn't care too much about what we saw or what we did at the old cars shows, I just loved hanging out with my brothers and goofing around with my dad and grandpa.
As I got older, my love for this beloved week of summer changed a little bit as I actually started to enjoy the whole purpose of our trip: to see as many old cars and learn about them as we possibly could in a week. Hour after hour in the car was spent discussing old cars and talking about the intricacies of each make or model. We would stop by our public library each year before the trip and gather as many books and magazines about old cars as we could. It was simply astouding to see how much had been written and published on the subject within a year.
The more I learned about old cars, the more I too became fascinated with them. I have always loved anything to do with history, and I guess I figure that old cars are historical in the sense that they teach us about the history and progression of automobiles in our country. There is nothing I love more than finally seeing a make and model of an old car that I have been anticipating viewing for a year. I'll admit that I have even gotten emotional a few times as I have finally gazed upon an old car that I had been dreaming about all year.
If you don't have a love for old cars yet, I'd suggest that it isn't too late. Grab some books, do an online search, or get yourself to an old cars show as soon as you can! You won't be sorry.
Automobiles Articles1. Car Dealers Perfect Way To Get The Used Car
2. Benefits Of Hiring A Taxi And How You Can Make Full Use Of It
Author: Dave Woods
3. Importance Of The Development Of Rugged Dc Dc Converter
Author: Lilly Allen
4. Detailed Guide To Wash Your Car Properly With 2 Bucket Method And Car Wash Shampoo
Author: neel patel
5. How To Choose Best Gps Anti Car Theft Device?
Author: Randeep Kumar
6. A Mobile Roadworthy Certificate Centre May Come Handy While In A Hurry
Author: Luca Curtis
7. Customised Motorcycles Give The Rider A Style Statement
Author: Levi Fysh
8. Tips To Buy A High Mileage Car
9. Importance Of Learning Through Simulators
Author: Eesha Zaveri
10. How Technology Is Changing The Teaching Techniques Today?
Author: Eesha Zaveri
11. The Used Mercedes Benz Dealers In Miami Offers Best Collection For Your Choice
12. Taking Care Of Your Sydney Trailer
13. Advices To Get Auto Financing From Car Dealership
14. Travel Bike – Folding Bike Fits For Just Any Type Of Road!
Author: Paul Pinigis
15. Top 10 Popular Upcoming Bikes In India To Launch In 2017 & 2018
Author: Adaalo India