ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Why I Have Always Loved Old Cars
Total Articles: 312
From the time I can remember, each year my father, three brothers, myself and our grandfather would take a week away in the summer and go on a tour of old cars shows around the country. We would try to see different old cars shows each year (you'd be amazed by how many there are to choose from!). So I guess you could say that I have come to my love for old cars honestly. It has literally been growing in me since the time I can remember. My mother, grandmother and sisters would take that same week each year to enjoy at our lakeside cabin, and even though we offered for them to join us for the old car shows, they never seemed interested.
At first, I loved going to the old cars shows because it was a great time to spend with the guys I loved most. My dad didn't get very much time off of work, so when he did we made sure to enjoy it. I didn't care too much about what we saw or what we did at the old cars shows, I just loved hanging out with my brothers and goofing around with my dad and grandpa.
As I got older, my love for this beloved week of summer changed a little bit as I actually started to enjoy the whole purpose of our trip: to see as many old cars and learn about them as we possibly could in a week. Hour after hour in the car was spent discussing old cars and talking about the intricacies of each make or model. We would stop by our public library each year before the trip and gather as many books and magazines about old cars as we could. It was simply astouding to see how much had been written and published on the subject within a year.
The more I learned about old cars, the more I too became fascinated with them. I have always loved anything to do with history, and I guess I figure that old cars are historical in the sense that they teach us about the history and progression of automobiles in our country. There is nothing I love more than finally seeing a make and model of an old car that I have been anticipating viewing for a year. I'll admit that I have even gotten emotional a few times as I have finally gazed upon an old car that I had been dreaming about all year.
If you don't have a love for old cars yet, I'd suggest that it isn't too late. Grab some books, do an online search, or get yourself to an old cars show as soon as you can! You won't be sorry.
Automobiles Articles1. Recognizing The Real Value Of A Student Auto Loan
Author: jeffery reynold
2. Be A Pioneer In The Motorcycle Repairs Here's What You'll Need
Author: Levi Fysh
3. Rockman – The Leading Manufacturers Of Drive Chain Kits & Alloy Wheels For Two Wheelers
Author: Rockman Industries
4. The Most Effective Method To Become An Independent Tyre Dealer
Author: My Tyre Point
5. Atv Tyres
6. Destiny International Filtration - Oil Cleaning Machine Manufacturer In India
Author: priya singh
7. Wounded Warrior Project & Harley-davidson Surprise Los Angeles Veteran With New Bike As Part Of Miss
8. Vectra - The Heavy Construction & Earth Moving Equipment Manufacturing Companies In India & Europe
9. Think Long Term Before You Decide On Your Auto Loan Term
Author: Kaitlin Miller
10. Tips On Choosing The Best Car Breakers Services In Birmingham
Author: Denny Sour
11. Benefits Of Scrap Car Removal In Birmingham
Author: Alex Stewart
12. Black Car, Limousine Service And Airport Transportation West Palm Beach Fl
13. Matters To Look Upon While Looking For A Gear Manufacturer In India
Author: SONA BLW Precision Forgings Ltd.
14. Car Detailing Tips And Keep Your Car Exterior In A Superior Condition With Autofresh
Author: neel patel
15. Things To Know About The Availability Of Different Warranty Plans For Cars
Author: Ewan Thorpe