ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
14. Budget Conscious; What Are The Benefits Of Repowering A Utility Golf Cart With A Kohler Engine
Total Articles: 312
These days, maintaining a fleet of golf carts and utility vehicles is more likely to be a matter of topping up battery cells than checking spark plugs and mixing fuel and oil. The vast majority of golf carts sold in the past decade or so has been electric. Electric golf carts, goes the traditional wisdom, are cheaper to maintain, easier to manage and less trouble in the long run than the models powered by small gas engines.
Despite the popularity of electric golf carts, however, most pros agree that there are some jobs that require the power of a good gas engine. It’s not unusual for most course fleets to include at least a few gas golf carts that have been converted to utility vehicles for hauling and other purposes. What do you do when the motor on one of those starts to go?
It used to be easy to replace those with a used utility or golf cart when the engine started to go – but not anymore. Used and rebuilt gas-powered golf carts are rare – and replacing them with a new gas-powered cart could run you between $12,000 and $20,000.
The solution is simple. Don’t replace – repower. The decision to repower a utility vehicle that you currently own rather than replacing it with a new vehicle makes sound sense in a number of ways.
1. By repowering a vehicle that you own, you extend the useful life of that vehicle or piece of equipment. There’s no need to scrap a perfectly good piece of equipment that just needs a bit of a boost in the engine department.
2. Repowering a vehicle with a new motor can expand its usefulness. You can turn an old golf cart into an all-purpose hauler or plow by fitting it with a more powerful engine.
3. You get a new warranty for your new upgraded engine. Depending on the dealer, you may find a Kohler engine repower kit that contains all you need to upgrade and includes a two-year warranty, or a Honda small engine to replace one that’s on its last legs, with a warranty for parts for up to two years.
4. A repower Kohler engine or other small engine could save you money on fuel, especially if you upgrade to a cleaner burning fuel. And it will certainly be kinder to the environment.
5. Speaking of kinder to the environment, check your state’s grants and proposals web site if you’re considering replacing old motor equipment. Many states offer substantial incentives if you choose to repower a high-emissions piece of equipment with a lower-emissions engine. The same holds true if you choose to refit an engine with after-market parts to reduce its emissions. In some cases, you can even apply for a reimbursement grant that will pay for a repower engine or the refit parts, along with any parts needed to fit the new engine into your tractor or utility vehicle.
6. If your new repower engine does need repair, it will be far easier to get parts for a current engine than for an older model. Spare parts support is yet another reason to upgrade your engine with a repower.
Repowering is also an excellent way to update your greens-keeping equipment. Little has changed in the business end of mowers, rakers and other turfcare equipment. Why replace a piece of equipment that’s in virtually excellent condition when a repower kit will upgrade it and keep it running in tiptop shape for years to come? Kohler makes repower kits for Toro, Jacobsen, Club Car and Cushman turf care equipment. Each kit comes with everything you need to drop a new engine into your trusted machine and update it to perfect working order.
Automobiles Articles1. Dealerships Are Your One Stop Shop
Author: haggerty Ford
2. The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Learning On Driving Simulators.
Author: Eesha Zaveri
3. Buy Miami Used Luxury Cars For Sale Within Your Budget
4. Know The Truth About For Vehicle Parts Exchange In Surrey
Author: Ewan Thorpe
5. Why Mot Test Is So Much Essential For Four-wheelers
Author: James Elston
6. Car Valeting The Reason That Has Kept You From Buying The New One
Author: Rhys Gibson
7. Gps Vehicle Tracking System
Author: Balu S
8. The Biggest Contribution Of Driving Coach In Chadstone To Humanity
Author: Mark Watson
9. Side By Side Comparison Between Readymade Motorcycle & Custom Chopper
Author: Levi Fysh
10. Benefits Of Leasing Your Next Car
11. Rockman - The Top Manufacturers Of Two Wheeler Parts & Automotive Component In India
Author: Rockman Industries
12. For Best Services Just Opt For Auto Repair Gainesville
Author: Berrisford Smith
13. 2017 Hyundai Accent: Top Reasons Why You Should Buy This Budget Car
Author: Allen Hyundai
14. Korea Tour – Proper Planning Should Be Done For Your Travel To Korea!
Author: Tommy Na
15. Trip To South Korea – Get An Affordable Korean Tour Package!
Author: Tommy Na