ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Bmw On Pace To Outsell Mercedes
Total Articles: 312
It is a close race, one that likely will not result in deep price cutting to move models, but is certain nevertheless to be on the minds of executives employed by two automakers until the clock strikes midnight for the final time this year. What the race is all about is this: the perennial sales battle between two German automakers, BMW and Mercedes, with BMW expected to pass Mercedes in world sales totals for 2005. The ramifications are strong for each automaker and will set the tone for the way each company produces and markets vehicles from 2006 forward.
Mercedes finishing second to BMW is not a comfortable taste for DaimlerChrysler, parent of Mercedes and now owner of The Chrysler Group, maker of Jeeps, Dodges, and Chryslers. Only Volkswagen sells more cars than either make, but when it comes to a predominately luxury line up Mercedes and BMW battle alone amongst German makes with Audi a distant third.
Unlike American automakers, Mercedes is not likely to engage in deep price cuts to attract customers and "steal" sales that they would have made in 2006 for 2005 to stave off BMW. Still, purchasers of Mercedes vehicles should find an even friendlier showroom in which to shop when they negotiate the price on their "C", "E", or "M" Classes of vehicles.
So, exactly what has caused the shift in sales? Well, published reports indicate that Mercedes sales continue to rise, but slowly. On the other hand, BMW sales increases are in the double digit category which is what has pushed BMW ahead of Mercedes so far this year. Oddly, it isn’t the luxury cars in each automakers' fold that is spelling the difference. Unknown to many Americans, both BMW and Mercedes sell cars that are smaller and less luxurious than the cars that appear in the states. Cars that compete squarely against Volkswagen’s Golf and offerings from GM, Ford, several Japanese automakers, and others.
Yes, it is true. Not all BMW or Mercedes models are luxury cars. Unlike in the US where a Cadillac is exclusively a luxury car, both German brands produce cars for the rank and file driver too. It is these types of cars that have fueled both automakers growth and is likely behind BMW jumping ahead of Mercedes.
To counter BMW’s surge, Mercedes does have an ace up its sleeve: the introduction of one or two smaller lines of cars to the U.S. market by 2007. If you haven’t figured it out yet, Mercedes has "A" and "B" Class cars that are smaller and less expensive than the current "baby" Mercedes, what we call the "C" Class. Mercedes hopes that the US market is ready for less pricey cars sporting the venerable Mercedes name and that these sales will propel Mercedes back into the lead.
Of course, what is good for Mercedes is good for BMW as the automaker explores bringing its "1" and "2" series cars to the US to compete for sales. Both lines of cars are positioned against Mercedes "A" and "B" class cars and are the same cars that have bumped BMW’s sales figures up.
Now if only Mercedes would consider importing it’s SMART car to the US market.
Automobiles Articles1. Recognizing The Real Value Of A Student Auto Loan
Author: jeffery reynold
2. Be A Pioneer In The Motorcycle Repairs Here's What You'll Need
Author: Levi Fysh
3. Rockman – The Leading Manufacturers Of Drive Chain Kits & Alloy Wheels For Two Wheelers
Author: Rockman Industries
4. The Most Effective Method To Become An Independent Tyre Dealer
Author: My Tyre Point
5. Atv Tyres
6. Destiny International Filtration - Oil Cleaning Machine Manufacturer In India
Author: priya singh
7. Wounded Warrior Project & Harley-davidson Surprise Los Angeles Veteran With New Bike As Part Of Miss
8. Vectra - The Heavy Construction & Earth Moving Equipment Manufacturing Companies In India & Europe
9. Think Long Term Before You Decide On Your Auto Loan Term
Author: Kaitlin Miller
10. Tips On Choosing The Best Car Breakers Services In Birmingham
Author: Denny Sour
11. Benefits Of Scrap Car Removal In Birmingham
Author: Alex Stewart
12. Black Car, Limousine Service And Airport Transportation West Palm Beach Fl
13. Matters To Look Upon While Looking For A Gear Manufacturer In India
Author: SONA BLW Precision Forgings Ltd.
14. Car Detailing Tips And Keep Your Car Exterior In A Superior Condition With Autofresh
Author: neel patel
15. Things To Know About The Availability Of Different Warranty Plans For Cars
Author: Ewan Thorpe