ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Beat A Speeding Ticket
Total Articles: 312
One thing that no person wants to face is the prospect of receiving a speeding ticket. It's costly and if you're looking up at a police officer who has stopped you in traffic to write you a citation, it's embarrassing as well.
Today, with the advent of the photo radar ticket, you might not realize the damage your lead foot has done until days or possibly weeks later when you open your mail to find an image of your license plate on your vehicle that was speeding merrily along; if that's not enough you'll also find inside that envelope a hefty fine for breaking the law.
If you do happen to spot the flashing red and blue lights in your rearview mirror there are some important steps you can do at that moment that can help you to beat the speeding ticket and either pay a reduced fine or in some cases no fine at all. Anyone who has been pulled over for speeding knows how it's tempting to argue with the police officer. This isn't something that you want to do for a number of reasons.
There are however certain reactions that can help on the spot. It's an old belief that acting as though you don't know what you did wrong won't help. That might not be the case. The same can be said for acting scared or upset. Police officers are first and foremost people just like you and sometimes human nature takes over and they'll let you leave with just a stern warning. That's not to say that you should break into tears when the policeman comes to your Car but showing some emotion certainly cannot hurt.
Depending on the size of the citation it might be in your best interest to consult with a traffic ticket specialist. These are normally attorneys who specialize in traffic violations or retired police officers who just want to help the average citizen. Their familiarity and expertise in the area of speeding and traffic affords them insight into some of the lesser known loopholes.
Another alternative to hiring someone to fight the speeding ticket fight for you is to do it yourself. Instead of paying the fine you attend court on the date specified on the original citation the officer presented to you. Your plea is of course going to be "not guilty." Again there are many small things the motorist can do in court to better their chances of not paying such a high fine.
When facing a speeding ticket it's important for the motorist to remember that the fine most likely isn't going to be the only price they pay for going above the posted speed limit. Speeding tickets often mean an increase in insurance premiums. In some cases, depending on the violation the fine can be hefty. Being clocked going well over the speed limit could cost in the hundreds of dollars when the ticket and the increase in insurance premiums are combined. Weighing all the options could result in lots of money saved.
Automobiles Articles1. Detailed Guide To Wash Your Car Properly With 2 Bucket Method And Car Wash Shampoo
Author: neel patel
2. How To Choose Best Gps Anti Car Theft Device?
Author: Randeep Kumar
3. A Mobile Roadworthy Certificate Centre May Come Handy While In A Hurry
Author: Luca Curtis
4. Customised Motorcycles Give The Rider A Style Statement
Author: Levi Fysh
5. Tips To Buy A High Mileage Car
6. Importance Of Learning Through Simulators
Author: Eesha Zaveri
7. How Technology Is Changing The Teaching Techniques Today?
Author: Eesha Zaveri
8. The Used Mercedes Benz Dealers In Miami Offers Best Collection For Your Choice
9. Taking Care Of Your Sydney Trailer
10. Advices To Get Auto Financing From Car Dealership
11. Travel Bike – Folding Bike Fits For Just Any Type Of Road!
Author: Paul Pinigis
12. Top 10 Popular Upcoming Bikes In India To Launch In 2017 & 2018
Author: Adaalo India
13. Rockman - Automotive Component, Two Wheeler Parts, Alloy Wheels & Drive Chain Manufacturers In India
Author: Rockman Industries
14. Top 5 Tips For A Successful Auto Repair Service
Author: Paul Zervos
15. Raceway Kia Brings New Ownership With A Trusted Name