ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Beat A Speeding Ticket
Total Articles: 312
One thing that no person wants to face is the prospect of receiving a speeding ticket. It's costly and if you're looking up at a police officer who has stopped you in traffic to write you a citation, it's embarrassing as well.
Today, with the advent of the photo radar ticket, you might not realize the damage your lead foot has done until days or possibly weeks later when you open your mail to find an image of your license plate on your vehicle that was speeding merrily along; if that's not enough you'll also find inside that envelope a hefty fine for breaking the law.
If you do happen to spot the flashing red and blue lights in your rearview mirror there are some important steps you can do at that moment that can help you to beat the speeding ticket and either pay a reduced fine or in some cases no fine at all. Anyone who has been pulled over for speeding knows how it's tempting to argue with the police officer. This isn't something that you want to do for a number of reasons.
There are however certain reactions that can help on the spot. It's an old belief that acting as though you don't know what you did wrong won't help. That might not be the case. The same can be said for acting scared or upset. Police officers are first and foremost people just like you and sometimes human nature takes over and they'll let you leave with just a stern warning. That's not to say that you should break into tears when the policeman comes to your Car but showing some emotion certainly cannot hurt.
Depending on the size of the citation it might be in your best interest to consult with a traffic ticket specialist. These are normally attorneys who specialize in traffic violations or retired police officers who just want to help the average citizen. Their familiarity and expertise in the area of speeding and traffic affords them insight into some of the lesser known loopholes.
Another alternative to hiring someone to fight the speeding ticket fight for you is to do it yourself. Instead of paying the fine you attend court on the date specified on the original citation the officer presented to you. Your plea is of course going to be "not guilty." Again there are many small things the motorist can do in court to better their chances of not paying such a high fine.
When facing a speeding ticket it's important for the motorist to remember that the fine most likely isn't going to be the only price they pay for going above the posted speed limit. Speeding tickets often mean an increase in insurance premiums. In some cases, depending on the violation the fine can be hefty. Being clocked going well over the speed limit could cost in the hundreds of dollars when the ticket and the increase in insurance premiums are combined. Weighing all the options could result in lots of money saved.
Automobiles Articles1. Get Online Auto Insurance And Finance
2. New Shell Fuel Station Finder From Fleetcor
Author: FleetCor Deutschland GmbH
3. Dealerships Are Your One Stop Shop
Author: haggerty Ford
4. The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Learning On Driving Simulators.
Author: Eesha Zaveri
5. Buy Miami Used Luxury Cars For Sale Within Your Budget
6. Know The Truth About For Vehicle Parts Exchange In Surrey
Author: Ewan Thorpe
7. Why Mot Test Is So Much Essential For Four-wheelers
Author: James Elston
8. Car Valeting The Reason That Has Kept You From Buying The New One
Author: Rhys Gibson
9. Gps Vehicle Tracking System
Author: Balu S
10. The Biggest Contribution Of Driving Coach In Chadstone To Humanity
Author: Mark Watson
11. Side By Side Comparison Between Readymade Motorcycle & Custom Chopper
Author: Levi Fysh
12. Benefits Of Leasing Your Next Car
13. Rockman - The Top Manufacturers Of Two Wheeler Parts & Automotive Component In India
Author: Rockman Industries
14. For Best Services Just Opt For Auto Repair Gainesville
Author: Berrisford Smith
15. 2017 Hyundai Accent: Top Reasons Why You Should Buy This Budget Car
Author: Allen Hyundai