ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Be The Envy Of Your Neighborhood And Lower Your Fuel
Total Articles: 312
Have you heard about the ENV yet? It's pronounced like "envy" and stands for Emissions Energy Vehicle.
After many years of testing, Intelligent Energy of London has developed a motorcycle-like vehicle that shows lots of promise. The ENV was introduced in early 2006 and has shown great promise by being embraced by the public.
The technology used in this vehicle is a fuel cell. For the technology-minded, it uses a proton exchange membrane fuel cell. The cell converts hydrogen and oxygen to generate electricity. In short, the fuel cell takes the protons and electrons from the hydrogen atom and this forms an electric current.
This electricity is then fed to a series of batteries which powers an electric motor. This gives the bike its power to run. The only noise emitted is from a cooling fan.
For the technology-minded, there is some fascinating usage of greatly available resources (hydrogen is the most abundant element). For many of us, though, all we are interested is: does it work?
In short, the answer is a resounding yes.
The motorcycle will top out at about 50 miles an hour. True, not freeway speeds, but not everyone has a need to travel at high speeds. And it will run for up to 100 miles or about four hours between fill-ups.
Now this is still a long way from giving many of us all the benefits of our gas-guzzlers. But, it's a terrific start. After all, if this technology is available for a motorcycle, how far behind is the ability to power the SUV?
Another nice advantage to the ENV technology is the quiet operation. A nice quiet ride through the countryside can be just that: quiet. And, who's going to miss the smelly emissions we get from our gas and diesel engines?
The cost for being the "envy" of your neighborhood? Intelligent Energy says that it will sell the bike for somewhere between $6,000 and $8,000 (US).
Maybe these high fuel costs are going to result in something positive after all.
Automobiles Articles1. Tips To Deal With Cracked Or Smashed Car Windscreen
Author: Anna Lampasona
2. Which Are The Best Memorial Day Car Deals On The Lot?
Author: jeffery reynold
3. The Importance Of Proper Wheel Alignment
Author: Ross Barkely
4. Deconstructing The Vin On Vw Used Cars
Author: Aaron Reddall
5. Ais 140 Certified Gps Tracking Device – Bharat 101
6. A Long Journey View On The 2017 Mazda 2 For Sale In Australia
Author: Adam Butler
7. Use Genuine Mazda Spare Parts: Perth Expert Advice
Author: Adam Butler
8. Bridgestone Tyres – Australia’s Most Trusted Tyre Four Times Rolling!
Author: Paul Zervos
9. Top Ways Fast Drivers Can Use Less Fuel
10. Enhance The Performance Of Your Vehicle With Affordable Performance Upgrades
11. All You Need To Know Regarding Engine Remapping
12. How Does Ecu Remapping Improve Your Vehicle?
13. Get More From Your Car With The Ecu Remapping
14. Ecu Remapping: Why And How This Improves Efficiency Of The Car
15. How Drivers Can Reduce Fuel Usage