ALL >> Health >> View Article
Gummy Smiles - Treatment
Total Articles: 9
A beautiful smile features healthy-looking teeth and gums. A gummy smile results when more of the gum tissue can be seen rather than the teeth when one smiles. As more of the gums are seen when the mouth is opened, or when one smiles, the teeth look very small in comparison. This causes the smile to look unnatural and unhealthy.
Even if a gummy smile poses no problems with regards to the proper function of one’s dental health, this concern will still need to be addressed to improve the appearance of the smile. A person who suffers from a gummy smile can also enjoy a self-confidence boost once this problem is successfully resolved. Gummy smiles are improved using cosmetic dentistry treatments, which work on improving the shape or size of the gums (or the lips) so that the smile becomes more natural-looking.
Gummy Smile Causes
A hyperactive lip elevator muscle
A short upper lip, or a high lip line, which do not completely cover the teeth even when the lips are at rest
Teeth erosion; worn teeth that look unnaturally small compared to a healthy teeth structure
Teeth that have not come out completely from under the gum line (teeth that have not fully erupted), which look smaller compared to fully-erupted and healthy teeth
Deformities or concerns that involve the jawbone, such as the vertical overgrowth of the upper jawbone
A combination of more than one factor mentioned above
Cosmetic Dentistry Treatment for Gummy Smiles
Gummy smiles can be corrected and improved with the help of cosmetic dentistry. A laser gum reshaping or gum contouring treatment is used to change the size or shape of the gums, so that less of the gum tissue can be seen when one smiles (or when the mouth is opened). Improving the size or shape (or both) of the gums will also make the teeth bigger-looking, making the smile much more attractive and normal-looking.
If the cause of a gummy smile comes from a high lip line or a short upper lip, the shape and size of the lips can be improved with the help of plastic surgery. Changing the shape and size of the upper lip will result to more of the gum tissue being covered, so that the smile shows more of the teeth structure rather than the gums. A hyperactive lip elevator muscle, on the other hand, can be improved with a botulinum toxin (Botox) treatment; this hyperactive muscle will be relaxed by the botulinum toxin, resulting to lips that frame the teeth – and the gums – in a manner that looks normal and attractive.
London City Smiles offers the widest choice of general, cosmetic dentistry & dental implant treatments at surprisingly affordable prices. We also provide face, skin and lip treatments. Our dentists are specialized in complex dental implant solutions (for missing teeth). If you are searching for a dentist using the keywords, dentist Islington or dental implants London, visit http://www.londoncitysmiles.com today.
Health Articles1. The Services Offered To The Patients In A Dental Clinic Is Unending
Author: Claudia Lamington
2. Linear Accelerators For Radiation Market - Size, Share, Outlook, And Forecast Till 2026
3. Make A Right Choice - Best Gynecologist In India
Author: ponting brown
4. Lysosomal Alpha Glucosidase Market - Size, Share, Outlook, And Forecast Till 2026
Author: mr shah
5. Benefits Of Email Marketing
6. How Costs Vary In The Liposuction Surgery?
7. Have You Asked In Detail To Your Surgeon About Body Sculpting?
8. 4 Things To Follow In Ivf Process
Author: Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour
9. Gastric Bypass Surgery – The Best Weight Loss Surgery
Author: Arvind Kumar
10. The Benefits Of Using Mouthwash
Author: Helen Diaz
11. Weight Loss Surgery – Is It Really Effective
Author: Arvind Kumar
12. Fraud, Deceptions, And Downright Lies About Blood Cleanup Exposed
Author: Phillip Jones
13. Must Know Facts About Hair Transplant In Bangladesh
14. Traveling To Barcelona For A Medical Conference? | Emedevents
15. Functional Medicine A Legitimate Approach To Treat Chronic Lifestyle Diseases - Freedom Age
Author: Dr Kalpana Gupta