ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Why Is It Important To Know The History Of The Car Before You Buy It?
Total Articles: 217
If you are buying a car on your own, it is important to start by doing the Revs check so that you can be aware of the history behind your car. If the car was been written off, reported stolen or have unpaid fines and you buy it, you will have problems with the authority or the financier. When you buy the car from the private seller who has the outstanding loan attached to the vehicle, the financier may repossess the car and you will lose your money. When you buy REVs certificate as soon as you buy the car, this will protect you against any repossession.
In case you do the, VIN check and you find out that owner of the car has debt on the car, you should not buy it until he arranges how he will continue to pay the debts. You have also to make sure that the VIN number on the vehicle, on the engine and on the registration paper is the same. If they are not the same, you have to be careful when buying such car. After buying the car, you should get the insurance before you take it away. You have also to let the authority know that you have bought the car.
While looking for car history, check if the car was not recalled in the safety campaign and if it had, the required repair should have been done. While considering how much you are expected to pay, always make sure that you added the transfer fee and the stamp duty on the total cost for the purchase. Before you buy the car, ask the seller to give you the certificate of the registration. Look for a safety check report which is not more than a month. You need to get the proof that you are buying the car from the owner by showing you the sales receipt and his driving license.
After buying the car, it is important to visit the Motor Registry in 14 days so that you can get the ownership of the car. To register your car, you need to have the transfer fee, stamp duty, identification form and the proof that you bought the car.
Before you buy the car, you may need to do the PPSR search which is about searching the Personal Property Security or PPS. You can get access to this register any time you want to. You can do the research online. Before you do the PPSR search, you have to be aware that there is charge that you have to pay before you get access to it. Besides looking for the PPSR to know the vehicle history check, you can also use it if you want to give the credit to a person or another organization, if you want to invest with someone or if you want to know if the property you want to buy has any security interest on it. If you ask the owner, he can lie to you and this why you need to get unbiased report.
Automobiles Articles1. Advice For Car Buyers: Choose The Right Lender
Author: Wiliams Orchard
2. Buy Certified Pre Owned Luxury Cars In Best Quality From Miami Dealers
3. Three Warning Signs Indicating That You Need A Windshield Replacement In Kent, Wa Done
Author: Justin Ward
4. Ourbus Is Your Bus – The 21st-century Way To Work Commute
5. Clifford Beaumont: Japanese Economic Growth Rises For 7th Consecutive Quarter
6. Burton Mills: China Economy Continues To Slow
7. Rockman – The Automotive Component, Alloy Wheels & Drive Chain Manufacturers In India
Author: Rockman Industries
8. Choose Yakima Roof Rack For Your Vehicle For Enjoying Off Road Journey
Author: Tony Bulic
9. How Do You Hire A Reliable Food Truck Builder?
Author: Randy Travis
10. Getting The Best Boat Deals In Florida
Author: Riva Motorsports
11. Vectra - The Leading Earthmovers Equipment & Best Skid Steer Loader Manufacturers In India - Europe
12. Find Best Roof Mounted Bike Carrier For Your Car In Sydney
Author: Charles Manfredi
13. What Is Causing The Problem?
Author: Batteries & More
14. Why A Car Is A Necessity In The City Of Detroit?
Author: jeffery reynold
15. The Windscreens Replacement Process - What You Need To Know
Author: Anna Lampasona