ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Why Is It Important To Know The History Of The Car Before You Buy It?
Total Articles: 217
If you are buying a car on your own, it is important to start by doing the Revs check so that you can be aware of the history behind your car. If the car was been written off, reported stolen or have unpaid fines and you buy it, you will have problems with the authority or the financier. When you buy the car from the private seller who has the outstanding loan attached to the vehicle, the financier may repossess the car and you will lose your money. When you buy REVs certificate as soon as you buy the car, this will protect you against any repossession.
In case you do the, VIN check and you find out that owner of the car has debt on the car, you should not buy it until he arranges how he will continue to pay the debts. You have also to make sure that the VIN number on the vehicle, on the engine and on the registration paper is the same. If they are not the same, you have to be careful when buying such car. After buying the car, you should get the insurance before you take it away. You have also to let the authority know that you have bought the car.
While looking for car history, check if the car was not recalled in the safety campaign and if it had, the required repair should have been done. While considering how much you are expected to pay, always make sure that you added the transfer fee and the stamp duty on the total cost for the purchase. Before you buy the car, ask the seller to give you the certificate of the registration. Look for a safety check report which is not more than a month. You need to get the proof that you are buying the car from the owner by showing you the sales receipt and his driving license.
After buying the car, it is important to visit the Motor Registry in 14 days so that you can get the ownership of the car. To register your car, you need to have the transfer fee, stamp duty, identification form and the proof that you bought the car.
Before you buy the car, you may need to do the PPSR search which is about searching the Personal Property Security or PPS. You can get access to this register any time you want to. You can do the research online. Before you do the PPSR search, you have to be aware that there is charge that you have to pay before you get access to it. Besides looking for the PPSR to know the vehicle history check, you can also use it if you want to give the credit to a person or another organization, if you want to invest with someone or if you want to know if the property you want to buy has any security interest on it. If you ask the owner, he can lie to you and this why you need to get unbiased report.
Automobiles Articles1. Car Dealers Perfect Way To Get The Used Car
2. Benefits Of Hiring A Taxi And How You Can Make Full Use Of It
Author: Dave Woods
3. Importance Of The Development Of Rugged Dc Dc Converter
Author: Lilly Allen
4. Detailed Guide To Wash Your Car Properly With 2 Bucket Method And Car Wash Shampoo
Author: neel patel
5. How To Choose Best Gps Anti Car Theft Device?
Author: Randeep Kumar
6. A Mobile Roadworthy Certificate Centre May Come Handy While In A Hurry
Author: Luca Curtis
7. Customised Motorcycles Give The Rider A Style Statement
Author: Levi Fysh
8. Tips To Buy A High Mileage Car
9. Importance Of Learning Through Simulators
Author: Eesha Zaveri
10. How Technology Is Changing The Teaching Techniques Today?
Author: Eesha Zaveri
11. The Used Mercedes Benz Dealers In Miami Offers Best Collection For Your Choice
12. Taking Care Of Your Sydney Trailer
13. Advices To Get Auto Financing From Car Dealership
14. Travel Bike – Folding Bike Fits For Just Any Type Of Road!
Author: Paul Pinigis
15. Top 10 Popular Upcoming Bikes In India To Launch In 2017 & 2018
Author: Adaalo India