ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Why Is It Important To Know The History Of The Car Before You Buy It?
Total Articles: 244
If you are buying a car on your own, it is important to start by doing the Revs check so that you can be aware of the history behind your car. If the car was been written off, reported stolen or have unpaid fines and you buy it, you will have problems with the authority or the financier. When you buy the car from the private seller who has the outstanding loan attached to the vehicle, the financier may repossess the car and you will lose your money. When you buy REVs certificate as soon as you buy the car, this will protect you against any repossession.
In case you do the, VIN check and you find out that owner of the car has debt on the car, you should not buy it until he arranges how he will continue to pay the debts. You have also to make sure that the VIN number on the vehicle, on the engine and on the registration paper is the same. If they are not the same, you have to be careful when buying such car. After buying the car, you should get the insurance before you take it away. You have also to let the authority know that you have bought the car.
While looking for car history, check if the car was not recalled in the safety campaign and if it had, the required repair should have been done. While considering how much you are expected to pay, always make sure that you added the transfer fee and the stamp duty on the total cost for the purchase. Before you buy the car, ask the seller to give you the certificate of the registration. Look for a safety check report which is not more than a month. You need to get the proof that you are buying the car from the owner by showing you the sales receipt and his driving license.
After buying the car, it is important to visit the Motor Registry in 14 days so that you can get the ownership of the car. To register your car, you need to have the transfer fee, stamp duty, identification form and the proof that you bought the car.
Before you buy the car, you may need to do the PPSR search which is about searching the Personal Property Security or PPS. You can get access to this register any time you want to. You can do the research online. Before you do the PPSR search, you have to be aware that there is charge that you have to pay before you get access to it. Besides looking for the PPSR to know the vehicle history check, you can also use it if you want to give the credit to a person or another organization, if you want to invest with someone or if you want to know if the property you want to buy has any security interest on it. If you ask the owner, he can lie to you and this why you need to get unbiased report.
Automobiles Articles1. Explore An Amazing Ride With Wraith Luxury And Sports Car Rental
2. How To Formulate Your Car Drive Secure And Relaxed With The Precise Choice Of Tyres?
Author: My Tyre Point
3. Important Questions To Ask Before Rustproofing Your Car
Author: Efrain Rivas
4. Affordable Crane Services For Vehicles
Author: Shailesh Vyas
5. Things To Consider When Choosing Vw Garage Services
Author: Heston VW
6. Instructions To Get The Best Used Cars Dealer Online
7. How Scrap Car Can Benefit The Car Owner & The Environment
Author: Callum Lansell
8. Fabricated Harley Davidson Looks Good And Great To Ride
Author: Levi Fysh
9. Top 3 Easy Steps For Your Rear Windshield Replacement
Author: Dhruv Sahni
10. I Want To Sell My Car – What Is The Best Place To Sell Car?
Author: Aric Jaden
11. Why Choosing Suzuki Genuine Parts Dubai Is The Right Choice
12. 5 Advantageous Of Using Electric Bikes For Commuting
Author: Manisha Nigam
13. Learn Safe Driving Techniques From The Experts In Defensive Driving
Author: Sumit Khanchi
14. Get Approved Auto Financing In Kansas City
15. A Sailboat Vs. An Underground Bunker As The Ultimate Prepper Survival Plan
Author: pragya khare