ALL >> Career >> View Article
Aspiring To Become A Fashion Magazine Editor?
Total Articles: 460
An editor working in a fashion magazine must have a knack to know what’s in and what’s out. He/she must know what the latest and trendy clothes are, and discuss it with the designers and design a fashion spread for the month. When it comes to clothes they’re very detail oriented and must be very passionate about their creations.
Before setting out to become a fashion editor, you must take it upon yourselves to learn as much as you can. You can do this by taking cues from the number of fashion magazines available. There’re a lot of blogs and websites too that are dedicated solely for the purpose of fashion.
Start with writing for some fashion magazines and websites. You can also write some blogs and content for the websites. This will give you a fair exposure to the fashion world and with the who’s who of the industry. It will prove to be an enriching and valuable experience for you.
Work as a stylist for some time. For you to become a fashion editor first, you must possess the basic skills of designing and styling. Know the trends that are loved by the crowd. Find the local stylists in your area and then work with them.
Try to secure an internship with a fashion magazine. You must be prepared to work for free and in return the experience that you get will be invaluable. As an intern you’ll be able to attend the photo shoots and also assist the models in the shoots. While working in such a scenario, ensure that you are getting acquainted with the important people in the industry. Develop a good relationship with them and you must have a good understanding with them too. This will help you in the future to get work.
Start applying for jobs in the major fashion magazines. Once you get all the experience and knowledge about the field, you can easily secure a good job position in this field.
Present your resume with a detailed cover letter and fill up all your accomplishments and experience. You must also include all your published work along with the samples. This will help you to gain mileage.
To become a good editor or fashion designer in India, you must work hard and develop your personal style! Interact and communicate in the best possible way. This will help you in giving your career a good start.
If you’ve any such desire to become the best in the industry of modeling, fashion magazines and photography, then get in touch with Models n Trends. We’ll give you the best experience which you will love. Get in touch with us and kickstart your career.
Career Articles1. "what Are Your Salary Expectations?"how Do I Handle The Interview Question?
Author: Sophie Kaul
2. Shape-up Your Career Through An Internship
Author: Roopali Parandekar
3. Going For Walk-ins? Think Twice!
Author: Jay Torres
4. Free Job Posting Site For Employers In Usa
Author: G Pradeep Kumar
5. Athena Net Coaching- Providing An Ideal Destination For The Students In Lucknow
6. Quality Assurance (qa) Training Courses In Ahmedabad- Unicode Technologies.
7. How To Establish A Successful Mobile Application Testing Career?
Author: Jack Ramon
8. Athena Ias- Helping You To Achieve Your Dream Of Becoming An Ias Officer.
9. Cathay Dupont Warning! Avoid Scam That Acts As Job Opportunity Award
Author: Andrei Park
10. Warning From Cathay Dupont: Travel Awards Not A Ticket To Work In Japan
Author: Alea Kim
11. Secrets Of Above 30,000 Feet Air Hostess Career
Author: WHITE PANTHER
12. Challenges Faced By Job Seekers
Author: Jay Torres
13. Jkpsc Recruitment 2017–2018 Latest Mo/lecturer Online Jobs Notification
Author: Recruitment Result
14. Involve Gamification In Recruiting And Engagement
15. Photojournalism- The Social Responsibility