ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Enjoy A Fantastic Ride With Matheran Train
Total Articles: 689
There are umpteen number of tourist spots throughout India. Ideal to spend the entire summer vacation, these places inherit innate beauty in them. Tourist spots not only include cultural places of interest but also amusement parks, pilgrimage centres and hill stations as well. The novelties hidden in these places make trips memorable thereby drawing a large number of people.
For people down with stress from daily routine and humidity, then a visit to a nearby hill station would be the perfect solution. Bestowed with scenic beauty and tranquility, these places are like paradise on earth. It brings about a complete transformation by rejuvenating our lives and easing all our illnesses and ailments. One tends to keep aside their worries and tension in the hill station by totally engrossing in its charming picturesque.
Matheran is one such enchanting hill station situated in the state of Maharashtra. With temperature conditions ranging between 16 and 32 degree centigrade, this tourist spot receives annual rainfall of about 524 cm. Completely concealed with greenery, Matheran is close to Mumbai and Pune. Some of its unique attractions include parks, temples, famous points and lakes.
How to reach Matheran? This is a common question by many who have not heard much about this hill station. It is pretty close to Mumbai with a total distance of about 90 kilometers and about 100 kilometers to the nearest Mumbai CST airport. One can reach from any part of the country to Mumbai CST airport or else reach Pune airport, which is about 120 km from Matheran.
Travel by a narrow gauge Matheran train from Mumbai or Pune to Neral that is a town situated at the bottom of Matheran hill station. From Neral, one can board a mini train to the Matheran market. Besides this mini train, one can use share taxis to reach a place called Dasturi Naka in Matheran from Neral. Apart from all these modes of transport, mini buses also ply between Neral and Matheran.
From Pune, one can take Sahyadri Express going to Mumbai that stops at Neral and from Neral any mode of transport discussed above can be considered. Matheran is well-connected to Mumbai and Pune by road and one can take the Panvel route via Navi Mumbai and after touching the Mumbai-Pune Express highway, reach a place called Chowk after which it takes about 12 km to reach Neral.
Even for Pune, one needs to take a similar route to the highway and after taking the Khopoli exit reach the old Pune-Bombay route by touching Lonavala and Khandala, which meets at a place called Chowk and then reach Neral from there. After crossing Kajrat rail for about 9 km, a travel of about 12 km would take one to Neral. Further on, cars are allowed till Dasturi Naka also situated at the tip of Matheran.
With various modes of travel, Matheran has become an easily accessible hill station. Whatever be the mode, people flock around to enjoy the true paradise on earth from different parts of the country that makes this an ideal tourist spot.
Travel Articles1. La Ciudad De Marrakech
2. Secure A Deluxe Limo And Feel Like A Star On Your Wedding Day
Author: Mark Jonsh
3. Buffalo River Float Trips – Go River Rafting To Enjoy With Your Family
Author: Kirby Burk
4. Bachelorette Party - A Crazy And Classy Night Out With Pittsburgh Limousine Service
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
5. Enjoying The Glamour And The Luxury Of Dc Limo
Author: Enjoying the Glamour and the Luxury of DC Limo
6. Limo Hire - Limo Hire London | Party Bus Hire London
7. Jeju Island And Busan Tour
Author: Tommy Na
8. Event Photographer In Argentina Can Capture Those Precious Touring Moments In The Camera!
Author: Cogert Ayala
9. Know How Owning A Shipping Container Will Benefit You
Author: Catherine Jade
10. Enjoy The Best Of Fujairah City Tours
11. Explore The Paradise By Luxurious Tour Packages
Author: Ankit Patel
12. Have An Exceptional Super Jeep Iceland Ride
Author: Ice Rovers
13. Cape Town Offers A Plethora Of Thrilling Mtb Cycling Routes That Make Each Tour Exciting
Author: Mark Robert Lawson
14. Clearly Honor Your Vows With Cheap Limo Service
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
15. Get Pleasure From A Budget Tour In Kenya - A Leading Holiday Destination In Africa
Author: Nadzua Matara