ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Easy To Reach Matheran From Mumbai And Pune
Total Articles: 689
Hill stations are one of the most splendid locations of our country. These places serve as ideal vacation spots and provide a break from the routine monotonous life. Hill stations, placed at a slightly higher altitude than the plains, have a serene and soothing atmosphere. The ambience of these locations drives one to a different enchanting world.
People tend to forget themselves by getting immersed in its natural tranquility. With a low population range, these hill stations have more number of tourists than the local inhabitants. Also ideal for trekking, these places can also be referred as adventurous spots.
Matheran is one of ideal places for spending summer vacations. Located in the Rajgad district of Maharashtra, this spot is the smallest hill station of the country. With many breathtaking places, Matheran is a visual treat to the eyes. With cool and minimally humid temperature conditions, this exotic location has many places of interest; some of which include 28 must-watch points, temples, parks and lakes.
Matheran is about 90 km from Mumbai, whereas it takes about 120 km to reach here from Pune. The time taken from Mumbai to Matheran is two hours by road. There are also a lot of taxis plying between the nearest town Neral and Matheran, apart from share taxis. People can avail the services of tourist buses that travel between Mumbai and Matheran.
Matheran is best visited during post-monsoon season. Of the thousands of tourists visiting here, majority are the ones from Mumbai. How to reach Matheran from Mumbai is a very common question with a simple solution. In order to enter Matheran premises, one has to pay an entry fee of Rs 50 for adults and Rs 25 for the kids, which is basically an initiative to maintain the eco-friendly atmosphere of the place.
Matheran can be reached from Mumbai by boarding either a Kajrat bound train or Deccan Express. People need to board from Mumbai CST that takes them directly to Neral. There is a mini or toy train connecting Neral and Matheran. When travelling by road, one needs to alight at the Dasturi car point as no vehicles are allowed inside Matheran.
How to reach Matheran from Pune is also a journey pretty similar to the travel from Mumbai. A total distance of 120 km from Matheran, one needs to board the long-distance train going from Pune to Mumbai and alight at the Neral station. After this, the journey from Neral can be either using share taxis or mini train. While taking the road route, one needs to touch the express highway and get on to the old Bombay Pune road after crossing Lonavala and Khandala. After reaching a place called Chowk, a right turn would take one to Matheran.
One can take the air route either by reaching the Mumbai CST airport or Pune airport and then on take the route by road or rail. During the entire journey from Neral to Matheran, one can enjoy the scenic beauty and tranquility of the nature. A stay in Matheran is an unforgettable memory that lingers on your mind forever.
Travel Articles1. Book Online Hotel In Costa Rica
Author: James Palin
2. Making The Case In Favor Of Atlanta Limousine Rental
Author: James Marshal
3. Best Tourist Places In India, Himachal Tourist Places, Best Tourist Places Of The World
Author: Vinod yadav
4. How Could A Charter Bus Rental In Orlando Be More Affordable For Prom
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Make Entire Visit Of Lake City Accessible With Appropriate Taxi Services
Author: Julie ranawat
6. How To Have A Safe And Pleasant Taxi Ride In Udaipur
Author: Vaibhav Ji
7. Exploring The Geography Of Japan
Author: Steve Corrigan
8. What A Professional Travel Company In Bhubaneswar Can Do For You?
Author: Urban Yatra
9. Why Hiring A Travel Agency In Bhubaneswar Worth The Investment?
Author: Urban Yatra
10. Experiencing The Beauty Of Various Tokyo Tourists Attractions With A Guide
Author: Ekaterina Kholkina
11. Ayurvedic Treatment In Kerala Is The Property Of Kerala Tourism
Author: Rakesh Kumar
12. Rajasthan Trip To Land Of Kingdoms
Author: Top Travel
13. View Wonderful Nature’s Beauty In Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking In Nepal
14. Why To Halt At Malta Before Your Excursion In Sicily?
Author: Christian Guardione
15. Tomb Of Sultan Worth Visit Palace In Morocco
Author: Eric Watson