ALL >> Computer-Programming >> View Article
4 Key Seasons Inside History Of The Seattle Seahawks
Total Articles: 40
Have you been ecstatic as soon as the Seattle Seahawks Jerseys flew into Super Bowl XL? In 2005, the Seahawks achieved their greatest NFL success, by playing from the NFL title game. However, the Seahawks' lore extends over thirty years, to 1976. From hatching into the NFL world, to battling the Gambling in Super Bowl XL, the Seahawks have had several memorable seasons:
1. First NFL season (1976)
The Seattle Seahawks would not fly smoothly through their first NFL season. Before playing their first game, the Seahawks' owner, Lloyd W. Nordstrom, died while vacationing in Mexico. The Seahawks then experienced a heartbreaking reduction in their first game, falling 30-24, with NFL birds: the St. Louis Cardinals. The Cardinals had intercepted the Seahawks in the end zone, while in the game's final play. Ultimately, the Seahawks would finish 4 seasons using a 2-12 record, defeating the Gambling as well as the Atlanta Falcons.
2. Rookie season of Steve Largent (1979)
In 1979, Steve Largent, really the only Seahawks Hall of Famer to learn his entire career in Seattle, played his rookie season. Ironically, the Seahawks selected Largent in the fourth round on the NFL draft. Largent would play outstandingly for the Seahawks, racking up 819 receptions (a Seahawks record) over 13,000 yards, and 101 career touchdowns. The NFL selected him for seven Pro Bowls, and chose him with the 1980s All-Decade team. Largent's jersey number (#80) will be the just one single the fact that Seahawks have retired.
3. First conference championship game (1983)
In the 1983-1984 season, the Seahawks earned a 6-6 record, before soaring directly into playoff contention. They ended 12 months strongly, completing it using a respectable 9-7 record. Within the playoffs, Seattle would demolish the Broncos (31-7), then edge the Dolphins 27-20. The Seahawks then faced the Los Angeles Raiders, in the AFC Championship game. The Raiders took a commanding 20-0 lead by halftime, and in the end defeated the Seahawks, 30-14.
4. First Super Bowl appearance (2005)
The Seahawks took part in their second NFL conference championship, for a an affiliate the NFC. They flew high all season long, ending the standard season using a record of 13-3. The record was obviously a franchise record. Seahawks Shaun Alexander (Running Back) earned the NFL MVP and Offensive Player of the year awards. Within the playoffs, the Seahawks beat the Redskins (20-10), and then tamed the Carolina Panthers (34-14).
In the Super Bowl, the Seattle Seahawks Gear faced the Gambling, a powerhouse while in the 1970s. Seattle sincerely been a Steelers closely in the first half, which ended using the Steelers maintaining a slim 7-3 lead. In the other half, the Steelers would score another two touchdowns, as you move the Seahawks scored just one single. Although the game included multiple controversial calls, the Steelers would ultimately win the action, 21-10.
For more information about Seattle Seahawks Jerseys visit our website.
Computer Programming Articles1. Top Advantages Of Sql On Hadoop
Author: Mind Q Online
2. Boost Your Website Traffic With Premium Wordpress Themes
Author: Jean Turner
3. Leading Digital Marketing Agency For Exclusive Health Care Solutions
Author: Michael Kor
4. Java Course In Delhi
Author: ponting brown
5. Web Development Company Kolkata, India |website Development Companies - Golden Web Solution
Author: we are create primium design
7. Functionality And Provision For Contract Management Software
Author: James Blake
8. Join Sap Sd Training For A Prospective Career In It Industry
9. Live Oracle Idm Training | Tutorials
10. Oracle Adf Online Training | Corporate Training
11. 4 Digital Marketing Trends To Follow This Year To Keep Up And Above Your Adversaries
12. All That’s New In Healthcare Information Exchange
Author: Roberto Romello
13. How To Update Your Computer With Latest Updates?
Author: Patricia H. Lyon
14. Etravos - Travel Portal Development / Travel Portal Software Solutions
15. Interested In C++ Or Java?
Author: ponting brown