ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
A Guide To Home Security Cameras
Total Articles: 2
Installing surveillance cameras in and around your home not only act as a great deterrent, but they can also make the task of catching home invaders much easier for the police. As crime rates increase so should your efforts to avoid becoming a victim. But where do you begin? Here's an overview on security camera systems and what you need to know.
Where to Position the Cameras
As far as home security goes, most security cameras are positioned at points where people are likely to be, such as the front and rear doors. However, it can also be prudent to install one or more surveillance cameras inside your property in case someone does manage to break in to your home.
How Surveillance Cameras Work
Surveillance cameras work by broadcasting their signals over a closed network, and they are often known as CCTV, which stands for Closed Circuit Television. This is in contrast to a standard television signal which is broadcast over an open frequency. Some cameras are capable of filming non-stop, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, whilst others can be fitted with a motion sensor. The motion sensitive cameras then only switch on and begin to record when movement is detected. Most recordings in the past were made onto video tape which necessitated someone to replace the tape every so often. Thankfully, those days are behind us, and thanks to modern technology, hours of footage can now be stored on a hard drive or DVR.
Security Camera Options
A lot of security cameras are prominent, as they can act as a deterrent, whilst other cameras are hidden away, and choosing which is best for you will depend on what you need the camera for. Interior cameras are often hidden, and they are often known as “nanny cams”. These cameras can be hidden in soft toys, clocks, fake books, and smoke detectors and they are ideal if you need to keep an eye on the babysitter or child minder when you are out of your home.
For outside the home, a dome shaped security camera can not only act as a deterrent, but their shape means that it can be difficult to be entirely sure which direction the camera is pointing at, and some contain more than one camera, or a camera that can rotate. These make them ideal for areas of your home where you need to have a wide field of view.
As you can see, there are a number of things to consider when purchasing a surveillance camera, and choosing the right one will depend on where it is to be located, as well as what you need it for.
Bill Behr is the owner of The Home Security Outlet, an online store where home owners and business owners can research and securely purchase Do-it-yourself security systems and home protection products.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Iphone 7plus Repair Manchester
2. Try Energy Efficient Lighting For Commercial Buildings – Future Lighting System
Author: Abhi Sharma
3. Here's A Quick Way To Solve A Problem With Iphone Screen Replacement
Author: Zane Shoebridge
4. Rechargeable Led Road Flares – Durable And Reusable Smart Option
5. Car Door Projector - A New And Fashionable Additional Feature For The Car
6. Where To Find Your Lost Devices
Author: Ross Barkely
7. New Iphone 8 Leaks Features And Details
Author: Hours Tv
8. Htc Screen Repair Liverpool /htcrepairing.uk
9. Intelligent Transportation System (its) Market Is Estimated To Attain Usd 38.68 Billion By 2020
Author: Robyn Gom
10. Dell Laptop Repair London
11. Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Screen Repair A Bhrideanach
12. Dell Service Centre Liverpool
13. Mobile Apps Safeguarding: Implementation Of Security In The App Development Procedure
Author: Deepanjan Goswami
14. Some Tips Regarding Commercial Structural Inspection In Fort Lauderdale
Author: Jayden Joshua
15. Embedded System Market Size To Exceed $214.39 Billion By 2020
Author: Robyn G