ALL >> Home-Based-Business >> View Article
What Are The Signs You May Need A Roof Evaluation
Total Articles: 9
Your home is one of your largest investments and most likely you want to ensure your home looks amazing and retains its value year after year. An inspection of your roof by a professional roofing contractor can help keep your roof and home in top condition.
What Is an Inspection?
A roof inspection offers you a way to check in on the health of your roof, even if it’s a fairly recent purchase. In most cases, they’ll look at the attic interior for any moisture or dry rot, as well as for any damaged or broken rafters. They may look for holes or other deterioration points, and it’s possible that they’ll look in the attic for any venting issues. On the outside of your home, they’ll look for a number of cases including missing shingles, impact bruising, shingle curling, or deterioration of almost any kind. They may check your chimney and flashings to make sure they’re well sealed, and they’ll take a look at all of your valleys for any signs of wear and tear.
Roof inspections are absolutely something you want to care about. Remember, these can help prevent ongoing problems, so any situations that need immediate attentions won’t require much more than a simple repair. Without the inspection, though, it could be months or even years before you notice there’s a real problem that’s creating damage in your home.
Is It Expensive?
In many cases, roofing contractors will provide you with a professional roof inspection at little to no cost to you. The goal here is not only to make sure that your roof will protect your home or business, but also to make certain you have a roofing contractor you can turn to again and again for all of your repair and replacement needs.
So if you are worried about your roof and you haven’t had a roof evaluation by a professional in the last several years, here are three signs you should need to make that call today.
1. Signs of water damage: If you’re seeing signs of water damage of any kind on the inside of your house, it’s certainly time to call in roofing contractors for a bit of help. Whether you’ve actually noticed water dripping or you just suddenly noticed a spot on your ceiling you hadn’t previously seen, usually this indicates a serious problem that needs to be addressed immediately.
2. Shingle granules in your yard: Noticing what looks to be large grains of sand in your yard, driveway, or anywhere else around your home also indicates a fairly serious problem. This typically means that the shingles are deteriorating very quickly, and having them looked over by a professional is important, as the next stage may be leaks or damage to the underlay on your roof.
3. It’s been more than 20 years: When was the last time you actually had your roof evaluated, repaired, or replaced? If it’s been some time, it may be time just to check in with a professional, even if you haven’t yet noticed signs of damage. Some roofing materials have a lifespan of just fifteen to twenty years, and that’s a good time to have things evaluated to see if they need to be replaced.
Whether you have cause to be concerned or you’re just trying to head off problems before they become a bigger issue, contacting licensed roofing contractors for a painless evaluation.
If you’re looking for the right roofing contractors to handle your annual inspection, look no further than DMS roofing.
Article Source: DMS Roofing
Home Based Business Articles1. Repair Sliding Door By Yourself
Author: Stuart Spindlow
2. What Should You Consider When Buying Twin Bed Frames?
3. Long Lasting Bed Frames For Adults
4. Reasons To Choose A Mattress
5. How To Find The Best Memory Foam Mattress For You
6. Full Size Memory Foam Mattress Pad For Your Full Size Bed
7. Sleep Like A Rock With The Perfect Mattress
8. Five Tips For Buying A Memory Foam Mattress
9. Foam Mattress Topper - The Balance Between Comfort And Affordability
10. King Mattress - Do You Need It?
11. King Size Memory Foam Mattress Pad For Your King Bed
12. Memory Foam Mattress: Enjoy The Sleep!
13. What Kind Of Water Purifier Should I Buy?
Author: purifier kart
14. Use Of Pre Filter Before A Ro System
Author: purifier kart
15. A Guide To Choosing The Right Paving Slabs For Your Garden
Author: Base Driveways