ALL >> Family >> View Article
It Is Tough Learning How To Read
Total Articles: 14
Your child will have so many milestones over the course of their life, and learning to read is easily one of the most important and perhaps one of the toughest to master. This will most likely be something you keep working on for a while and will remember forever. But how can you help your child learn this essential concept? These tips can help.
- Make certain your child can recognize each letter and the sound it makes before you ever get started. If he or she just knows the letters in order, you’re not going to get very far with the process of teaching them to read. There are several great programs out there to help teach your child those essential phonics skills that are so important for pre-reading.
- Reference the print when you read. When the two of you sit down to read a book together, point out print elements. Run your finger under the words when you read or point out significant words in the text. It will help them better understand the practice of reading.
- Go slowly. If your child is struggling with a particularly difficult word, go ahead and pause. Take a deep breath before you work to correct your child. If he still can’t read it, do some prompting so the two of you can work together on the word. If he does finally get the word, don’t hold back on the praise.
- Choose interesting books at your child’s reading level. There are going to be certain things your child is interested in. Then there are going to be those topics and characters your child simply doesn’t like. Stick with interesting subjects, and make sure the reading level is completely appropriate. A book that is too hard or too easy is only going to frustrate him.
- Your child may ask to read a favorite book over and over again. While you might be tempted to say no, don’t! Those favored stories are a great part of your child’s journey toward reading.
- Read, read, read. If you don’t spend at least 15 minutes a day reading with your child, it’s likely he’s not going to find it an essential skill to learn. Set aside that all important reading time every day.
- Consider reading programs for kids that actually offer interactivity and individualization. While there are lots of brand names on the market today, grabbing the first one you see off the shelf isn’t going to do the job. Instead, do some research into reading programs for kids that are well regarded by the academic community for offering measurable results.
Searching for the perfect way to teach your child to read? ClickN KIDS is it. A web-based learn to read and spell program, it offers the power of cyberspace to create a phonics-based experience unlike any other in the market today. With games that help draw your child in and create a great environment to utilize pre-reading skills, ClickN KIDS is the only way.
Article Source: ClickN KIDS
Family Articles1. The Respite Care Sunshine Coast Allows Family Careers To Take A Break From Elderly Care
2. Tips To Care Your Newborn Babys
Author: ashutosh Ashu
3. Relationship Compatibility – Harmony Is So Very Important
Author: Rose Caiola
4. Shopping For Your Kitty? Avoid These Mistakes
Author: Emma B
5. Top 10 - Family Friendly Holidays In Slovenia
Author: Jacob Barry
6. Find Best Autism Respite Care Providers Online
7. The Home Care Sunshine Coast Agency Offer Best Services For The Elderly Support
8. Professional Nanny Jobs Abroad
9. I Need A Live In Nanny
10. Where To Find Nanny Jobs
11. Nanny Full Time Jobs
12. Looking For A Live In Nanny
13. Step-by-step Successful Suggestions When Thinking Of Baby Items
Author: Bob Smith
14. Best Respite Child Care Jobs Online
15. Aged Care Sunshine Coast Is Your One Stop Shop For Elderly Home Care Services