ALL >> Sports >> View Article
Information About The Ping Pong Balls
Total Articles: 1
“Ping-pong” which is also known as the table tennis is an exciting game. This game is played usually two or four players. Though it is a recreational game, but it can greatly help you to develop your skill highly as like a professional. This article will help you about how to play ping-pong.
1. Choose opponent/s to play with:
It is a better idea to choose someone who is better than you in playing ping-pong. Remember, you should not take someone who likes to compete aggressively. You can then enjoy your game. You can both play one-on-one, or doubles by making two teams consisting two players each.
2. Decide who will serve first:
There are many ways to decide who will serve first. The most common way to decide is flipping a coin. The winner of the toss either serves first or chooses the side from where he/she wants to start.
3. Serve the ball:
You should toss the ball by keeping your hand vertically at least 16cm. Hit the ball with the paddle. Serve the ball as it will hit your side first, then goes over the net and hits the opposite side. If you play singles, you can serve to any place of the opponent's side. If you play double then the serve should rotate between you and your opponent. If you are on the right side you must bounce it to the right half then deliver it over the net and hit the opponent’s side.
When you or your teammate achieves two points, you should pass the ping Pong balls to the opponents to serve. After playing two points the ping Pong balls again will be at your hand or your partner (if played double). In a word, every serve will be switched after every two points. If the serve is legal but hit the net, then the serve can be proceed again without cutting any points. But, after two wrong services one point is cut off from point table.
4. Return the ball:
After the serve you have to return the ping pong balls when your opponents passed the ping Pong ball to your side. Every ball should be returned after it bounces on your side or before hitting it the ground or the table for the second time. If you can return your ball and can pass it over the net to the opponent’s side, your opponent must return it; otherwise he/she may loss point.
There are several rules regarding the point scoring. These are:
• If your served ball hits the net, cross the table before hitting it to the opponent’s side, or hits the wrong side of the opponent’s side, then the opponents receive a point or score a point for you.
• When you are unable to return the ball (before the ball hits for the second time or hits the ground) a point will be awarded to your opponent.
• If the ping Pong balls hit your paddle or body for two times, then the opponents will receive a point. Note that, when your opponent’s serve doesn’t hit on the side of your table, but hits your paddle two times or hits on your body, you will be rewarded one point from your opponent.
• If you touch the ping Pong table with your other hand or move the playing table, then your opponent will score a point.
Sports Articles1. 3 Essential Tips To Find Your Ideal Golf Course
Author: Carly Odgers
2. Wear A Life Vest And Get Ready To Surf!!!!!
Author: Vikram Kumar
3. The Highest Opening Partnership In Icc World Cup Cricket Live Match
4. How To Find The Best Wetsuit For Kiteboarding?
Author: Vikram Kumar
5. An Unlikely Friend In The Fight To Prevent Global Climate Change
6. When No-age Barrier Became A Test Cricket News
7. Dry Suit Diving Is What Can Bring More Enjoyment For You While Diving In The Cold Water Of Silfra
Author: Steve Rowe
8. Reading Vs Cardiff City, Under Goals Is Expected
9. How To Win Big At Online Fantasy Game Of Football?
Author: Live Pools
10. The Game Of Basketball And Instructions To Be Followed
Author: Houston Basketball Coaching
11. Professional Custom Cycling Product
12. Easy Basic Steps In Throwing Darts
Author: Dominik Banzon
13. Sports Equipment Wholesale & Products
Author: Priscilla James
14. High Quality Cycling Clothe S Manufacturer
15. Underwater Diving In Iceland Can Help You Explore How Powerful The Mother Nature Can Be!
Author: Steve Rowe