ALL >> Business >> View Article
Indian Style Of Management
Total Articles: 43
Coming from a history of unyielding social divide, India naturally has a culture where ranks matter significantly. The concept of social structure is present in almost every aspect of India, including its business landscape. In the country, business management training propagates a culture of firm hierarchy and values that are unlike anything else in the world.
Managers as Authorities
Managers in India are regarded as strict bosses and implementers. The image of being stern is something that is attached to the whole business culture of India. As a matter of fact, managers must stick to this image at all times. Without the authoritative air, they cannot demand for respect, which is vital in the Indian work dynamic.
Because of this traditional setup, subordinates tend to pay high respect to their managers. This respect is then reflected by their prevalent work behavior, which is characterized by total submission. In India, subordinates do nothing but follow their manager's instructions explicitly, even when orders are vague or incorrect.
Teamwork is almost unpracticed in India. Here, the dynamic is often a one-way system, where subordinates simply follow what they are told to do. There is little to no collaboration in most teams. Whatever is decided by the management becomes the firm directive of the entire organization. In effect, the outcome of a project is solely attributed to the manager. Whether it succeeds or fails, the manager should assume complete responsibility.
Indian businessmen pride themselves of being great managers during crises. Throughout the world, Indians are known as people with impressive resourcefulness during times of adversities. This trait is mostly due to the economic status and historic background of the country. In business, this characteristic is highly advantageous.
The Indians use the term "jugaad" to refer to their ability to overcome constraints through creative solutions. This is a unique and commendable quality among Indian businessmen, which prove beneficial in problem solving and decision making. A criticism about jugaad, though, says that it produces low-quality and unsustainable solutions.
The Indian management style may come off as firm and established, but some experts (many of them Indians themselves) believe that the country is yet to find its distinct style. Especially that the culture appears to be changing, determining a single, unique style may be difficult. Today, more and more Indian students take up the management courses Hemsley Fraser and other Western educators offer. Apart from business schools, they also go to sites like www.hemsleyfraser.co.uk for training on the Western style of management.
Business Articles1. Which Steps Are To Be Followed To Ensure Efficient Wastewater Recycling System
Author: Steve Cherng
2. Valhalla Mining Offers: What We Offer And Who We Are
3. Should I Invest In Bitcoin In 2017? Here’s What You Need To Know
4. Our Cryptocurrency Exchange And Bitcoin Mining Services Are The Best
5. How Does Cryptocurrency Ming And Bitcoin Mining Work?
6. Valhalla Mining - Service Overview, Technology, For Sellers, For Buyers The Benefits Of Cryptocurren
7. Can You Make Profit With Bitcoin And Cryptocurrency Mining? Is Bitcoin Mining And Cryptocurrency Min
8. A Beginners Guide To Cryptocurrency Mining: What Should You Know?
9. Popular Established Sites That Appreciate Bitcoins And Cryptocurrency Mining.
10. Disadvantages Of Cryptocurrency Mining
11. 4 Reasons Why Merchandising Plays An Important Role In Retail Sales
Author: Lily Alvin
12. Have You Ever Read About Digital Currency Mining?
13. Buying And Investing In Cryptocurrency
14. Elucidation Of Bitcoin Cloud Mining
15. Get Better Returns Than Stock Market And Real Estate Through Bitcoin Mining