ALL >> Business >> View Article
Criteria For Eligibility For Disability Benefits In Canada
Total Articles: 4
CPP or the Canada Pension Plan is a social welfare plan of the Canadian Government to support and actively contribute to the earnings and thereby the welfare of the citizens and some categories of residents of the country even if they are not citizens. It is chiefly meant for tax payers who have actively contributed to the corpus of the Canada Pension Plan.
The first basic criterion to qualify to get disability benefits in Canada is that you must be a Canadian citizen or tax payer. The CPP disability benefits can only be availed by individuals who have contributed to the Pension Plan corpus for a specified period. The specified period is 6 years but those who have not contributed for the last 6 years should have done so for at least 4 out of the last 6 years.
The second criterion is that you must have a disability because of which you should not be able to be continually and gainfully employed for a prolonged period of time.
Canada Disability benefits under the CPP are fully indexed and taxable benefits. They are paid monthly after 3 months following the month when the contributor was disabled. Each individual who is eligible for these benefits receives a monthly check consisting of a fixed flat-rate component and a variable component which is 75% of the pension that the individual would have received at age 65, the official age of retirement in Canada. There is a maximum limit to this variable component as well.
The waiting period of 4 months after the disability has occurred has been specially kept so that it can be determined that the disability is expected to last for a long term. For the 3 months Canada disability benefits are withheld, the disabled individual can use Employment Insurance benefits that he or she is eligible to get.
The severity of disability is very difficult to judge fairly and realistically. The basic underlying intent of this social plan should be the guiding factor to determine the severity of disability so that disability benefits in Canada are availed by individuals who not only deserve them but also need them at that juncture in life.
If taken by the exact dictionary meaning, the word severity can be wrongly interpreted. Real life circumstances relatedto inability to work should be then taken into account. These circumstances could include age, education level,and speech and language proficiency, past work and life experience.
Business Articles1. Eglobedata Released Most Accurate Real Estate Industry Email List And Build New Revenue Streams
Author: Brayden Tyler
2. Switch To Pharmacists Email List For Getting Cost Effective And Good Return
Author: Andrew Rayel
3. Explore An Opportunity For New Business Prospects With Business Development Executives Email Lists
Author: Charles Daniel
4. Ideal Instrument Services Are The Leading Dealer And Distributor Of Mitutoyo Products In Pune
Author: biz porto
5. Landed House Exterior Contractor – A Preferred Landed Property Renovation Contractor Singapore Can S
Author: James Han
6. Why You May Need A Photobooth On Your Big Day
7. Carpet Styles
Author: Barry’s My Carpet Inc.
8. Trade Show Display Rental- All You Require For Incredible Brand Value
Author: Daniel Wilson
9. Scada Free – Access Data From Remote Location Easily With The Help Of Web Scada !
Author: Archer Finch
10. Try A Herding Class With Your Dog Part - I
Author: Unknown Member
11. Documentation Of Employee Discussions Is All Important
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
12. Try A Herding Class With Your Dog
Author: Unknown Member
13. Best Scar Removal Creams
14. Why Should You Hire Huntington Beach Dry Cleansing Service Provider?
Author: Robert Paul
15. Rajasthan College Of Engineering For Women
Author: Rajasthan College of Engineering for Women