ALL >> Health >> View Article
All Advantages And Disadvantages You Should Know Before Taking An Abortion Pill
Total Articles: 73
Medical abortion is one of the easiest forms of abortion. In this, the pregnancy of a woman is terminated without the use of any surgical technique. Through this procedure of giving a pill, medication department has aborted several pregnancy cases all over the world. This treatment is the most economical way to get rid of unwanted pregnancy. Two sub drugs are the main part of this treatment.
The first drug is RU-486 or mifeprestone. It is an anti progesterone agent and its work is to compete with progesterone regularly. It weakens it attachment of the pregnancy with the uterus and acts like a base to ensure effective working of the next drug. The second drug is cytotec which is a prostaglandin. It cramps the uterus and opens the cervix resulting in the expulsion of pregnancy. These two drugs are complimentary to each other and proper use of both completes the process of medical abortion without any surgery or anesthesia.
The major advantages revealed from this treatment are given here for you-:
• Most economical- This treatment is very much affordable as compared to surgical abortion. Only a few visits to the doctor can expel the pregnancy effectively.
• Very simple process- The process of medical abortion is very simple and easy as compared to complicated surgical process. Moreover, women are more comfortable with this treatment as it appears like a natural miscarriage in the early days of pregnancy.
• No use of anesthesia- Surgical treatment involves the use of anesthesia and it can be very harmful for health. However, medical abortion through pills does not involve the use anesthesia.
These were the top advantages of medical abortion pills. These pills are very beneficial but there are some disadvantages which can create many problems for the patient. So, here are the major disadvantages of an abortion pill-
• Factor of time plays a big role- The first drug which initiates the process medical abortion should be given in the early stages of pregnancy. RU-486 is ineffective in the later stages of pregnancy.
• Multiple trips will be required- Multiple trips will be required to terminate pregnancy successfully.
• Unpredictable treatment from the drugs-Treatment of RU-486 is very much unpredictable. Sometimes, it can work within hours and sometimes it cannot work even within weeks. Its reliability and efficiency has decreased a lot due to late working.
• Incomplete procedure from the drugs can create many further problems-RU-486 and cytotec may cause incomplete abortion process which may result in excessive and continuous bleeding. A tissue can still remain behind and can create a very problem. This problem can be solved only through a surgical treatment.
So, these were the major disadvantages of an abortion pill. Knowing all the risks and benefits can play a big role in selecting the best option. You can have the most suitable treatment according to your medical history and present condition. Always remember that abortion pills are the least expensive and most successful way to treat the early stages of pregnancy.
Are you looking for Late Term Abortion?. You can then visit http://www.womenscenter.com/early_surgical_abortion.html for more info.
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important