ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Questions You Should Ask An Experienced San Diego Accident Lawyer
Total Articles: 11
When you have been involved in a road accident that has left you seriously injured, you will need the help of an experienced San Diego accident lawyer to successfully claim the compensation your rightfully deserve. However, it can be difficult to find the right accident lawyer for the job, simply because of the sheer number of practicing accident lawyers. Here are some questions you should ask your would-be accident lawyer:
“What is your background?”
The educational background of an accident lawyer is very important, but do not simply ask where the lawyer graduated from. Apart from asking for the lawyer’s educational background, be sure to ask your lawyer whether he or she is a member of a state bar association, where he or she was an associate, etc. Having a clear picture of an accident lawyer’s background allows you to see whether or not he or she is truly qualified to handle your case.
“Who do you normally represent?”
Personal accident lawyers may represent either an injured person or the insurance company. Needless to say, you will want to hire an accident lawyer that regularly defends the rights of an injured person. If your lawyer tells you that he or she has represented both sides before, do not hesitate to ask which side he or she has more experience with.
“Will my case reach court?”
More often than not, your case will be resolved through a settlement with the insurance company. However, you should hire an accident lawyer that is not afraid to let your case reach court. That fearlessness is a huge advantage when discussing a settlement.
“What are your fees?”
Do not forget to ask your lawyer how he or she will be paid. Most accident lawyers charge a contingency fee, that is, a percentage of the compensation once it has been awarded. Contingency fees usually range from 25 percent to 40 percent, but are usually negotiable.
If you like the answers your lawyer provides to the questions listed above, you probably have found the right accident lawyer to handle your case. With help of an experienced accident lawyer, you can rest easy knowing that someone is working tirelessly to help you claim what is rightfully yours. For more information and tips on hiring a San Diego accident lawyer, do not hesitate to visit LegalMatch.com.
Legal Articles1. Why And How To Choose A Criminal Lawyer In Hawaii For An Appeal?
Author: Steve Cedillos
2. Dallas Accidents Cases Need Not To Be Avoided! Let The Wrong One Suffer
Author: Ted B Lyon
3. Why Radvision World Is The Best Option For Immigration Services?
Author: Radvision World
4. Everything About Hiring A Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyer
Author: Ladas Law
5. The Significant Role Of Immigration Law Firms In London.
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
6. Bail Bond Facts
Author: Emily Stone
7. Why Immigration To Canada Is The Best Option?
Author: Radvision World
8. Six Steps To Attaining Compensation For Accident Injury In Toronto City
Author: Dasilva Legal
9. Know Need Of Living Trust Attorney California
Author: Leah Wilmot
10. The Houston Criminal Defense Attorneys Are The Best To Help You Against Any Criminal Charges
11. Risks And Rewards Of Buying Property In Dubai
Author: hHassan Elhais
12. Massachusetts Workers Compensation Lawyer – Knowledgeable Lawyers Get What You Need
Author: Tina smith
13. Nursing Home Abuse And Negligence – Who Is Responsible?
Author: Tyler Pillay
14. Basic Corporate Laws For Business In Dubai
Author: Hassan Elhais
15. Consult An Employment Lawyer For Issues Regarding Flexible Work hours