ALL >> Health >> View Article
Alcoholic Male Vs Female Who Is At Risk?
Total Articles: 20
Alcoholism affects the human body in various ways, some of which affect male body structure more than female body structure. Some others affect female body more than that of the male's. However male body is more resistant to the effects of alcohol in many aspects. Female body is less resistant to these effects than the male body. This has medical logic. As women have less body mass and weight than men, their body can be affected severely by a little amount of harmful substances. So the amount of alcohol that starts to give pleasure to an alcoholic male person can knock out an alcoholic female. This is proven by studies conducted on data collected from well reputed Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers for Men.
If a man consumes excess amount of alcohol on a daily basis then, his organs will start to fail in function in approximately 20 years. But the same amount of alcohol consumption will cause life threatening effects on a woman in 5-7 years. This also happens due to the fact that the female body structure is more delicate and gets energy drained due to many other natural biological factors such as menstrual cycle and pregnancy. In short females are affected more than males. Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Programs must be considered.
Besides biological factors, there are also moral and social values in our culture that tend to affect females more than males. For example in a family, if the male head of the family is alcoholic, then the female works hard enough to fill all of the gaps. But if the main female of the family is alcoholic then the whole family ties disintegrate. The alcoholic women are more prone to having undesired pregnancies and many social and medical complications to it. Alcoholic women easily become a victim of a criminal offence like rape, theft, drug abuse, street crimes and even murder.
We do not want to ignore the male alcoholics as their death rate is greater than that of female alcoholics. Most of deaths due to any accident are a result of excessive usage of alcohol. Still females are severely affected by alcoholism. Death rate linked directly to negative effects of alcohol like a failure of heart, kidneys, lungs and liver is very high in female alcoholics. Therefore, female alcoholics should be given priority to be taken to Alcohol Rehab Treatment Programs.
Health Articles1. Stress Attack - Why You Will Need Help Now!
2. Hypnotherapy For Depressive Disorder For Permanent Results
3. How To Handle Stress And Manage Avoidance
4. Easy Ways Of Managing Your Anxiety
5. Best Choices For Severe Depressive Management
6. Anxiety Management During Stress
7. Anxiety Management - Four Tricks You Can Start Using Today
8. Dry Rubbing And The Death Grip: Self-pleasuring Problems To Avoid
Author: John Dugan
9. Neck, Shoulder And Pain Management
Author: Mahesh Singh
10. Old Age Home Provides Love , Respect And ,carefree Life To Senior Citizens
Author: shiv ganga senior
11. Technology In Medical Industry
12. How Many Sessions For Tattoo Removal?
Author: hifza nauman
13. Where To Buy Phentermine 37.5 Mg Online In Oregon
14. Aromatic Revival Of Mind, Body And Soul With Therapeutic Massage
Author: Vicky Mamoria
15. 5 Ways Seniors Can Boost Their Energy
Author: Jane Doe