ALL >> Health >> View Article
Alcoholic Male Vs Female Who Is At Risk?
Total Articles: 20
Alcoholism affects the human body in various ways, some of which affect male body structure more than female body structure. Some others affect female body more than that of the male's. However male body is more resistant to the effects of alcohol in many aspects. Female body is less resistant to these effects than the male body. This has medical logic. As women have less body mass and weight than men, their body can be affected severely by a little amount of harmful substances. So the amount of alcohol that starts to give pleasure to an alcoholic male person can knock out an alcoholic female. This is proven by studies conducted on data collected from well reputed Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers for Men.
If a man consumes excess amount of alcohol on a daily basis then, his organs will start to fail in function in approximately 20 years. But the same amount of alcohol consumption will cause life threatening effects on a woman in 5-7 years. This also happens due to the fact that the female body structure is more delicate and gets energy drained due to many other natural biological factors such as menstrual cycle and pregnancy. In short females are affected more than males. Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Programs must be considered.
Besides biological factors, there are also moral and social values in our culture that tend to affect females more than males. For example in a family, if the male head of the family is alcoholic, then the female works hard enough to fill all of the gaps. But if the main female of the family is alcoholic then the whole family ties disintegrate. The alcoholic women are more prone to having undesired pregnancies and many social and medical complications to it. Alcoholic women easily become a victim of a criminal offence like rape, theft, drug abuse, street crimes and even murder.
We do not want to ignore the male alcoholics as their death rate is greater than that of female alcoholics. Most of deaths due to any accident are a result of excessive usage of alcohol. Still females are severely affected by alcoholism. Death rate linked directly to negative effects of alcohol like a failure of heart, kidneys, lungs and liver is very high in female alcoholics. Therefore, female alcoholics should be given priority to be taken to Alcohol Rehab Treatment Programs.
Health Articles1. Must Ask Questions When Meeting A Dentist
Author: Donnell Nash
2. Natural Skincare And Beauty Supplements For Healthy And Glowing Skin
Author: NAVEEN KHANDELWAL
3. What To Look For A Dentist?
Author: Donnell Nash
4. Can Bpas Damage A Healthy Member?
Author: John Dugan
5. Sticking To Healthy Habits With The Help Of Yoga
Author: Gary Martin
6. Raise Your Efforts With Weight Gainer Supplements
Author: Anabolic Nutrition
7. Signs To Look Out For If You Have A Prolapsed Uterus
Author: Kalptaru Herbal Therapy Centre
8. A Glass Of Milk A Day Keeps Doctor Away
Author: Namit Malgaonkar
9. The Hearing Aids Siemens Are Available In Best Quality And Price To Restore Your Hearing Ability
10. Superfood Supplements- For All Your Nutrition Needs
Author: Shashi Kant Shukla
11. Dental Hygiene Information You Won't Locate In Other Places
Author: Bob Smith
12. Getting Knee Pain Treatment At Parijatak
Author: Dr. Nitesh Khonde
13. Is Invisalign The Right Treatment For Adults?
Author: James Franklin
14. 1st Global Community Of Indian Clinicians - Docstop
Author: Vijay Lokhande
15. Hypothyroidism Rampant In India - Freedom Age
Author: Dr Kalpana Gupta Sekhawat