ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Tips To Measure Student Performance
Total Articles: 136
There are dozens of ways to assess the learning and performance of the students. Since the learning methods of students vary, it is suggested to evaluate their performance in multiple ways. Here are certain methods outlined that help you to ascertain the individual progress of the student:
Take tests at home:
Taking tests at home give you an opportunity to line up more challenging questionnaire for the students as they can get access to more resources or study material during the exam.
Taking home exams can work in a better way to evaluate the students, who become nervous during the school or college exam. Home exams make it possible to offer them varied choices of questions to answer.
Set a time limit for students for completing the test for e.g. 3 hours, 5 hours, etc.
Be clear whether the students have to work on the test individually or in a group.
You should form a standard grading system for the exam so that you can explain the students that how you have derived the result.
Multiple Choice Exams:
Multiple choice questions are a great idea to evaluate the student’s knowledge or grasp.
Such exams can be easily evaluated and also helps to save time if the class has huge strength or
if the other tutor will be checking the answer sheets.
Multiple choice exams are most suitable for short puzzles on factual syllabus.
If you are adopting multiple choice exam style then you need to be clear how they will be ranked or marked, for e.g. number of correct answers out of total will be counted and if the marks for wrong answers will be deducted as penalty.
The cons of multiple choice exam is that you cannot know how the student arrived at the answer they selected. For this, you need to work out to understand this or else you may go for descriptive type questionnaire.
You may discuss with the students if they find it tough to write the multiple choice tests; to know the difficulties faced by them and guide them about the tactics to write such exams.
Group projects allow you to assign complicated projects and also give a chance to the students to exchange information and knowledge while working on the project. If the class consists of huge number of students, it cuts down the number of assignments that are to be assigned for the students.
However, this may also cause imbalance in the abilities and skills of the students thereby affecting the result of both; the students and the projects as well.
In order to evaluate students’ group skills, then you could adopt self evaluation methods.
If the assignments are technical in nature or are large, then you may choose presentations which will reflect the understanding the knowledge of the students.
There are several such softwares like Bocavox online student tracking software offered by Bocavox Software Solutions which are convenient to evaluate the students’ performance. They provide number of benefits to the students and are ideal for schools and other educational institutions. Bocavox online student tracking software is one stop solution to meet all the needs of the school management. For more information about the software please logon to bocavox.com.
Computers Articles1. Give A Good Kick Start To Your Busy Day With 3d Printers Machine
2. Codefire Coming Up With Beneficial Mobile App Development Services
Author: Amitesh Kumar
3. Microsoft Products Are Compatible With Windows Operating Systems As Well Mac
Author: Robin Ponting
4. Laptop Screen Repair Centre Glasgow – Laptop Repairer
Author: laptop screen repair glasgow,
5. Manage Project Efficiently With Online Project Management Tools
6. Create Your Smart Address On Map Directions Google To Simply Finding Your Address
7. Improving Cyber Security: Are You Going For The Best?
Author: Megan Darcy
8. Data, Data Everywhere: How Machine Learning Tools Capture The Most Valuable Insights From Your Massi
Author: Bob Kramich
9. Reshape Your Beauty With Online Portrait Retouch Services
10. Take Care Of Your Teeth - It Is More Valuable Than A Diamond
11. Follow Pink Mirror For A Better Version Of Yourself
12. Some Of The Effective Ways How To Make Whiten Teeth Naturally
13. Use Retouch Apps To Reduce Face Size And Look Flawless
14. Get Best Online Photo Editor Tool For Retouching
15. Types Of Lips And What They Reveal About Your Personality