ALL >> Health >> View Article
Abortion Problems Today - The Implications
Total Articles: 73
Abortion is a big life decision for any person. Not only does it affect the woman, but also the man concerned. It has both physical as well as medical implications.
- Post-abortion stress
A woman may suffer from post-abortion stress. During an abortion there are feelings varying from regret to relief, and sometimes both together. There may be extreme mood swings too. After the abortion, the woman may go into depression if there is too much stress on her mind. It is typically advised for women to see a psychiatrist after an abortion, even if they do feel alright. An important thing to remember is that there is no 'right' way to feel. Every person is different, and as such might feel entirely different emotions. Also, it is wrong to assume that only women may suffer from such stress. Often the potential father also suffers from stress or depression. The correct remedy for this is to accept your feelings and see a psychiatrist.
- Abortion affecting relationships
Often, the will of the woman is taken as supremely important. If there is a disagreement between the child-bearing woman and the to-be father, the general view is that the woman should have the final say as she is 'carrying the baby within her'. In countries like China, the father cannot force the mother to bear his child or to have an abortion. The decision solely rests upon the woman. However this view is myopic as the father has an equal hand in the creation of the child. This view tends to affect relationships. When women get an abortion without the consent of the father it leads to problems. There is another interesting statistic you might want to know. Many relationships breakdown within one year after the woman has under gone an abortion. In fact, this relationship breakdown rate is as high as 70%. Hence it is necessary to view abortion as not only involving just the mother as a stakeholder, but the father too.
- Psychological inferences
One of the most used arguments in favour of abortion is that it reduces the number of unwanted children in the world, and should hence lead to a world where there is less child abuse and healthier children. However, this is said to be a false belief. The US National Centre of Child Abuse and Neglect has reported that since the legalization of abortion back in 1973, child abuse has increased more than 1000 percent.
Are you looking for Late Term Abortion?. You can then visit http://www.womenscenter.com/early_surgical_abortion.html for more info.
Health Articles1. Does It Help To Outsource Provider Credentialing Services?
2. Quickest Air Ambulance Service In Dibrugarh With Advanced Medical Equipments
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
3. Male Organ Function Tips For Weekend Sensual Warriors
Author: John Dugan
4. आयुर्वेद के माध्यम से पीठ दर्द और उनके घरेलू उपचार
Author: Dr Nitesh Khonde
5. Men Too Suffer From Hair Problems And This Is How To Solve Them
Author: Kabea Global
6. Global Surgical Equipment Market Trend
7. The Emergency Dental Care - Know When It's Urgent
Author: Raphael Leo
8. Appropriate Supplement For The Progression On Eye Disease
Author: Blake Andrus
9. Benefits Of Orthodontics In Phoenix
Author: John Marker
10. Impact Of Air Conditioners On Health
Author: Thomas Martinez
11. Herbal Pain Relief Gel Is The Best Solution For Your Sore Body
Author: Shashikant Shukla
12. Natural And Necessary Food For Heart Health
Author: NAVEEN KHANDELWAL
13. Benefits Of Pediatric Dentistry In Golden Valley
Author: Richard Brown
14. Top Dentistry Conferences | Emedevents
15. Upcoming Conferences For Cardiology In 2018