ALL >> General >> View Article
Skillful Guide On Bricklaying
Total Articles: 5
Bricklaying is not just about laying bricks, it’s a skillful process which requires concentration and artistic skills to deliver better output. Bricklaying is one of the essential things to consider in constructing and maintaining various structures.
The most common dilemma that people are facing is whether to choose between wood and bricks for their construction, which depends on their economic standards and location.
Bricklayers use both hand and power tools such as cement mixer. They use materials such as bricks, blocks, mortar and lintels. The usage of tools depends on what kind of job it involves.
The process of bricklaying has few steps involved. Before that, we need to measure the area and make architectural plans for the construction.
Setting up the mortar correctly
• The sand used for mortar should contain a small percentage of clay in it.
• The sand should be free from foreign particles for good finishing.
• For light finishing we can use light coloured sand and for the dark finishing we can use orange brick sand.
• Depending on the amount of moisture content in the sand we should mix the water. We must make sure that the mortar should be wet enough to stick to the trowel.
• Adding a small amount of lime makes the mortar more flexible.
Using the Trowel
• Before using the trowel, we must know about it and make ourselves comfortable in using it properly.
• The best way of applying mortar is to scoop one full trowel and fold it two times, then scoop that up and apply it to the bricks.
• Positioning ourselves while laying brick is very important for neat and clean work.
Laying the brick
• The most important thing to remember while bricklaying is to do the work patiently.
• Heap the mortar in the centre of the damp mortar board.
• We must pick enough mortar on the trowel.
• Spread the brick bed with mortar for two to four bricks.
• Pick the brick in your brick hand and lay it on the brick line, make sure to remove excess mortar to keep the face clear.
We can work as a team with the labour. When we build up a wall we should use a spirit level to ensure that the wall is straight. We may also use tools to break and give shape to the bricks for example at the openings of doors and windows. The person who is doing bricklaying should be physically fit as the work involves carrying heavy objects, he should also be a good team worker if we are working as a team for big project.
The biggest advantage of block and bricklaying is its low maintenance. If we install it once, it lasts for a very long time. Bricks and blocks come in different variety of colours and they are durable. It withstands heat and offer better fire protection than wood. It also acts as a sound barrier by keeping the sound outside.
If a brick wall is damaged, it is very difficult to repair. If we have to replace a single brick in the wall, we have to remove the entire wall. If the moisture builds up on the brick it becomes brittle. If the organic brick is exposed to water it will be discoloured and faded over time.
David is a professional article writer and a blogger from Sydney, who is very much interested in brick and block laying as a hobby. If you are looking for bricklaying and Commercial Concrete Contractors Sydney, I would recommend “British Bricklaying and Civil Contracting” as they are very skilled in their work.
General Articles1. Samsung Galaxy S6 Phone Repair Issues
2. Procedure To Configure Gmail Account In Microsoft Outlook 2016 And Gmail Help (866)324-3o42
Author: Rebbeca Smith
3. The Iphone Repairs Sunshine Coast Is A One Stop Shop For All Computer And Electronic Repairs
4. West Coast Escalator Cleaning – Quality Services At Your Doorstep
Author: Arlow Moreland
5. Ball Dresses
Author: Musi hudson
6. Tips To Purchase The Best Verre Trempév
Author: parveen kumar
7. When You Need To Hire Roofing Companies In Oklahoma?
Author: Fred Lydick
8. Having A San Francisco City Hall Wedding
Author: Sia Benet
9. Sharepoint Roles And Responsibilities
Author: Riya Arora
10. Seo Scope As A Career In India: For Seo By Seo
Author: Riya Arora
11. What Are The Different Types Of Flexible Cable?
Author: Nanshi Pacheco
12. Post Market Surveillance Needs To Be Robust To Avoid Penal Regulatory Action
Author: Event Manager
13. Manav Infra Projects: Experts In Infrastructure Development Domain In India!
Author: Manav Infra
14. Why Branding Is A Non Negotiable Investment In The Fresh Produce (ffv) Space!
Author: Asha Sampath
15. Cavity Wax - Things You Should Be Aware Of!
Author: Efrain Rivas