ALL >> General >> View Article
Skillful Guide On Bricklaying
Total Articles: 5
Bricklaying is not just about laying bricks, it’s a skillful process which requires concentration and artistic skills to deliver better output. Bricklaying is one of the essential things to consider in constructing and maintaining various structures.
The most common dilemma that people are facing is whether to choose between wood and bricks for their construction, which depends on their economic standards and location.
Bricklayers use both hand and power tools such as cement mixer. They use materials such as bricks, blocks, mortar and lintels. The usage of tools depends on what kind of job it involves.
The process of bricklaying has few steps involved. Before that, we need to measure the area and make architectural plans for the construction.
Setting up the mortar correctly
• The sand used for mortar should contain a small percentage of clay in it.
• The sand should be free from foreign particles for good finishing.
• For light finishing we can use light coloured sand and for the dark finishing we can use orange brick sand.
• Depending on the amount of moisture content in the sand we should mix the water. We must make sure that the mortar should be wet enough to stick to the trowel.
• Adding a small amount of lime makes the mortar more flexible.
Using the Trowel
• Before using the trowel, we must know about it and make ourselves comfortable in using it properly.
• The best way of applying mortar is to scoop one full trowel and fold it two times, then scoop that up and apply it to the bricks.
• Positioning ourselves while laying brick is very important for neat and clean work.
Laying the brick
• The most important thing to remember while bricklaying is to do the work patiently.
• Heap the mortar in the centre of the damp mortar board.
• We must pick enough mortar on the trowel.
• Spread the brick bed with mortar for two to four bricks.
• Pick the brick in your brick hand and lay it on the brick line, make sure to remove excess mortar to keep the face clear.
We can work as a team with the labour. When we build up a wall we should use a spirit level to ensure that the wall is straight. We may also use tools to break and give shape to the bricks for example at the openings of doors and windows. The person who is doing bricklaying should be physically fit as the work involves carrying heavy objects, he should also be a good team worker if we are working as a team for big project.
The biggest advantage of block and bricklaying is its low maintenance. If we install it once, it lasts for a very long time. Bricks and blocks come in different variety of colours and they are durable. It withstands heat and offer better fire protection than wood. It also acts as a sound barrier by keeping the sound outside.
If a brick wall is damaged, it is very difficult to repair. If we have to replace a single brick in the wall, we have to remove the entire wall. If the moisture builds up on the brick it becomes brittle. If the organic brick is exposed to water it will be discoloured and faded over time.
David is a professional article writer and a blogger from Sydney, who is very much interested in brick and block laying as a hobby. If you are looking for bricklaying and Commercial Concrete Contractors Sydney, I would recommend “British Bricklaying and Civil Contracting” as they are very skilled in their work.
General Articles1. Металлургический Комбинат
2. Jantar Mantar: Must Visit Place In Jaipur For Tourists
Author: Manisha Nigam
3. Here Is What You Must Know About Gst
4. Our Rainbow Girls
5. Leather Handbags For Men And Women
6. Silk Sarees Online
7. Leather Product
8. Things To Do In Case Of Emergency
9. Discover The Outdoors
10. College 2 Corporate
11. Remaining Affordable
12. Why You Should Go With A Third Party Internet Provider Instead Of The Big 4
Author: CanNet Telecom
13. Web Development And Marketing
14. Dancing On Hip Hop Beats
15. Unrestricted Domain Extensions