ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
The Experts At Nz Grinders Can Bring Old Concrete Back To Life
Total Articles: 7
One of the most common questions posed to the flooring experts at NZ Grinders is whether or not they are able to repair less than ideal concrete flooring. As one of the top flooring contractors in the country, of course the answer is going to be a definitive, “yes”. Interestingly enough, the team at NZ Grinders are able to repair pretty much any type of concrete flooring, granted it is not in pieces.
Terrible looking and worn-out concrete floors are an all too common sight in many parts of the country. From dingy old bars to decades-old garages, the professionals at NZ Grinders have seen and done them all. The flooring experts at NZ Grinders are certain that underneath any depressing concrete floors’ grime, dirt and debris, lies something worth fixing up.
However, it is not all fun and games when it comes to repairing worn-out concrete floors. Some pretty heavy duty tactics are deployed in order for the best possible results to shine through. For example, if the team at NZ Grinders are called to a location with grimy concrete floors covered in old glue and years of dirt and muck, there are several steps that they will take to get the floors looking brand new again.
Before any type of polishing can be done, grinding has to first take place. Grinding is the process of flattening and evening out the surface of the concrete. This is done by using technical tools such as either a concrete placer or a cross-hatch pattern with four head planetary grinders.
2.Filling the Pits
This basically means that the team at NZ Grinders have to fill the pits and holes in the concrete caused by previous damage. Although there are many ways of doing so, usually a chemical solution is used all over the floor to fill up these pits.
The next step encompasses the hardening of the concrete matrix. This mixture is poured onto the concrete floor and this will cause the concrete to be wet and sticky. The chemical used will react with the lime in the cement, causing the concrete to harden. Generally speaking, the harder the concrete is after this process, the better the sheen and shine.
4.Polishing & Buffing
The final step is also the most exciting. Polishing the concrete floors is like placing the cherry on top of the cake. This is usually done using resin bond pads. Once this step is completed, the professionals at NZ Grinders will then clean and add more polish for added floor protection. A dry buff is done at the very end to give the concrete floors a final shine.
Although achieving desirable concrete polished floors are doable through D.I.Y. methods, nothing beats the skill, efficiency and time saving means of having a professional work on it instead.
For more information on NZ Grinders and the flooring services that they provide, contact the company via their website at www.nzgrinders.co.nz.
Home and Garden Articles1. Split Or Window Air Conditioner Which One Is The Best?
Author: Divya Sharma
2. How Not To Get Scammed By An Unreliable Removalists Company Perth
3. Checklist Of Things Cowboy Builders Will Tell You
Author: Mark Trescothic
4. Climate Considerations For A Green House Garden
Author: David Kessler
5. Planning To Renovate Your Bathroom? Hire A Professional Plumber
Author: Nicholas Calleija
6. Sammsara - Hashtag Handy Decor Tips
Author: SAMMSARA Luxury Modern Home
7. Some Must-have Bar Furnishings To Achieve The Perfect Party Mood
Author: James Waltan
8. Why Porcelain Tile Is A Popular Choice For Bathroom Floors
9. 5 Reasons To Invest In A Vintage-inspired Louis De Poortere Rug
Author: Phoebe Holland
10. What Is The Cost Of Renovating A Kitchen In Canada?
Author: Christine Delongte
11. The Advantages Of Using Pavers
Author: Flash Stone
12. How To Transformed Ordinary Table Into Extraordinary Dinette
Author: Liv India
13. The Factors You Need To Consider For Tearing Down The Existing Office Building
Author: Tuuli Halkoaho
14. Demolition Of House Or Complex Need To Be Done With Professional Agencies
Author: Kaija Raita
15. Things To Be Pondered On While Working At A Demolition Site
Author: Aapo Haapoja