ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
The Experts At Nz Grinders Can Bring Old Concrete Back To LifeBy Expert Author: Regina Hendricks
One of the most common questions posed to the flooring experts at NZ Grinders is whether or not they are able to repair less than ideal concrete flooring. As one of the top flooring contractors in the country, of course the answer is going to be a definitive, “yes”. Interestingly enough, the team at NZ Grinders are able to repair pretty much any type of concrete flooring, granted it is not in pieces.
Terrible looking and worn-out concrete floors are an all too common sight in many parts of the country. From dingy old bars to decades-old garages, the professionals at NZ Grinders have seen and done them all. The flooring experts at NZ Grinders are certain that underneath any depressing concrete floors’ grime, dirt and debris, lies something worth fixing up.
However, it is not all fun and games when it comes to repairing worn-out concrete floors. Some pretty heavy duty tactics are deployed in order for the best possible results to shine through. For example, if the team at NZ Grinders are called to a location with grimy concrete floors covered in old glue and years of dirt and muck, there are several steps that they will take to get the floors looking brand new again.
Before any type of polishing can be done, grinding has to first take place. Grinding is the process of flattening and evening out the surface of the concrete. This is done by using technical tools such as either a concrete placer or a cross-hatch pattern with four head planetary grinders.
2.Filling the Pits
This basically means that the team at NZ Grinders have to fill the pits and holes in the concrete caused by previous damage. Although there are many ways of doing so, usually a chemical solution is used all over the floor to fill up these pits.
The next step encompasses the hardening of the concrete matrix. This mixture is poured onto the concrete floor and this will cause the concrete to be wet and sticky. The chemical used will react with the lime in the cement, causing the concrete to harden. Generally speaking, the harder the concrete is after this process, the better the sheen and shine.
4.Polishing & Buffing
The final step is also the most exciting. Polishing the concrete floors is like placing the cherry on top of the cake. This is usually done using resin bond pads. Once this step is completed, the professionals at NZ Grinders will then clean and add more polish for added floor protection. A dry buff is done at the very end to give the concrete floors a final shine.
Although achieving desirable concrete polished floors are doable through D.I.Y. methods, nothing beats the skill, efficiency and time saving means of having a professional work on it instead.
For more information on NZ Grinders and the flooring services that they provide, contact the company via their website at www.nzgrinders.co.nz.
Home and Garden Articles1. Should I Replace My Entry Door?
Author: Mary Morris
2. Best Range Of Gas Cook Tops
3. Slab Leak Repair In The Easiest And Most Efficient Way
4. Top Reasons To Opt For Professional Window Glass Replacement In Chicago
Author: Russell Rabin
5. Pool Remodeling- Getting A New And Wonderful Pool For Your Home In Charleston
Author: David Smith
6. Everything You Should Know About Services In End Of Lease Cleaning
Author: Karanveer Rawat
7. Steps To Take Before You Buy A Mowing Franchise: Businesses For Sale
Author: Phil Maunder
8. Classic Design Of Venetian Blinds Giving Flexible Control Of Light And Privacy
Author: Joseph Zammit
9. The Biggest Home Furnishing Trends Of 2017 That Will Rule Your Home
Author: Nupur Tiwari
10. Architecture Design Ideas That Influence Modern Lifestyles
Author: Saloni Sharma
11. Waterproofing Of Timber Structures
Author: Matthew Lavitov
12. Top Small Business Opportunities In Australia
Author: karanveer rawat
13. A Special Guide To Buy The Solid Oak Furniture Of Best Quality
Author: Alain Murphy
14. How To Keep Your Ceramic Tile Floor Clean & Attractive
Author: Mike Aurtho
15. How Services Related To Water Damage Repair Are Helpful For Homes
Author: Lionale Donald