ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
A Quick Guide To What Could Be The Buzzing Around Your Florida Home
Anyone who has ever visited Florida can attest to the beauty of the state. It is certainly a beautiful place to live. However, with the beauty, comes the possibility for many different kinds of insects and bugs. If you have been hearing different kinds of buzzing, you may be wondering what might be buzzing around your lawn? This guide can help you sort things out.
- Wasps: These also tend to make that signature buzzing sound, and you could see them out in the warmer months. They’re a huge benefit to the environment, but the last thing you want is to have your lawn infested with them. You could see either solitary wasps or social wasps in your lawn, but either way, you’re dealing with a hot tempered insect that is ready to sting as soon as it gets mad, so you’re best bet if you’re infested is to call in a Brevard County pest control service for help. Hornets, mud daubers, paper wasps, and many others fall under this category, but learning more about what you can do to prevent them on your property can help you keep them out.
- Bees: This is what people most often think of when they hear a buzzing noise. Florida actually has to deal with a variety of bee types. Florida is actually home to more than 300 bee species, and you could see any of them in your lawn. Sweat bees are pretty common, but many people don’t even count them as bees. Bumble bees and carpenter bees are also quite common.
- Other Possibilities: While bees and wasps are the big two, there are lots of other insects that make that signature buzzing sound while they fly around. Mosquitoes make a very high pitched buzzing sound, and they’re the source of many of those itchy, red bites you may see all over your body. They can also be disease carriers, making them more than an annoyance. You could also hear the buzz of the horse fly. It’s also called the deer fly or the yellow fly, and there are 35 different species of it in Florida. The females are a bit fierce, and their bites sting. There aren’t really any off-the-shelf controls for these, so calling in the pest control professionals is a must if you have a problem. It could also be a common house fly that you’re hearing, and while they’re not overly dangerous, they can be disease carriers, so you probably don’t want them around.
Buzz. . .Buzzz. . .It’s not a pleasant sound, and certainly not one you want to deal with while you’re enjoying your deck or patio. If you have a problem with buzzing insects around your property, contact a good pest control service right away to help diagnose and eliminate the problem immediately.
Article Source: Slug-A-Bug
Home and Garden Articles1. Should I Replace My Entry Door?
Author: Mary Morris
2. Best Range Of Gas Cook Tops
3. Slab Leak Repair In The Easiest And Most Efficient Way
4. Top Reasons To Opt For Professional Window Glass Replacement In Chicago
Author: Russell Rabin
5. Pool Remodeling- Getting A New And Wonderful Pool For Your Home In Charleston
Author: David Smith
6. Everything You Should Know About Services In End Of Lease Cleaning
Author: Karanveer Rawat
7. Steps To Take Before You Buy A Mowing Franchise: Businesses For Sale
Author: Phil Maunder
8. Classic Design Of Venetian Blinds Giving Flexible Control Of Light And Privacy
Author: Joseph Zammit
9. The Biggest Home Furnishing Trends Of 2017 That Will Rule Your Home
Author: Nupur Tiwari
10. Architecture Design Ideas That Influence Modern Lifestyles
Author: Saloni Sharma
11. Waterproofing Of Timber Structures
Author: Matthew Lavitov
12. Top Small Business Opportunities In Australia
Author: karanveer rawat
13. A Special Guide To Buy The Solid Oak Furniture Of Best Quality
Author: Alain Murphy
14. How To Keep Your Ceramic Tile Floor Clean & Attractive
Author: Mike Aurtho
15. How Services Related To Water Damage Repair Are Helpful For Homes
Author: Lionale Donald