ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
A Quick Guide To What Could Be The Buzzing Around Your Florida Home
Total Articles: 41
Anyone who has ever visited Florida can attest to the beauty of the state. It is certainly a beautiful place to live. However, with the beauty, comes the possibility for many different kinds of insects and bugs. If you have been hearing different kinds of buzzing, you may be wondering what might be buzzing around your lawn? This guide can help you sort things out.
- Wasps: These also tend to make that signature buzzing sound, and you could see them out in the warmer months. They’re a huge benefit to the environment, but the last thing you want is to have your lawn infested with them. You could see either solitary wasps or social wasps in your lawn, but either way, you’re dealing with a hot tempered insect that is ready to sting as soon as it gets mad, so you’re best bet if you’re infested is to call in a Brevard County pest control service for help. Hornets, mud daubers, paper wasps, and many others fall under this category, but learning more about what you can do to prevent them on your property can help you keep them out.
- Bees: This is what people most often think of when they hear a buzzing noise. Florida actually has to deal with a variety of bee types. Florida is actually home to more than 300 bee species, and you could see any of them in your lawn. Sweat bees are pretty common, but many people don’t even count them as bees. Bumble bees and carpenter bees are also quite common.
- Other Possibilities: While bees and wasps are the big two, there are lots of other insects that make that signature buzzing sound while they fly around. Mosquitoes make a very high pitched buzzing sound, and they’re the source of many of those itchy, red bites you may see all over your body. They can also be disease carriers, making them more than an annoyance. You could also hear the buzz of the horse fly. It’s also called the deer fly or the yellow fly, and there are 35 different species of it in Florida. The females are a bit fierce, and their bites sting. There aren’t really any off-the-shelf controls for these, so calling in the pest control professionals is a must if you have a problem. It could also be a common house fly that you’re hearing, and while they’re not overly dangerous, they can be disease carriers, so you probably don’t want them around.
Buzz. . .Buzzz. . .It’s not a pleasant sound, and certainly not one you want to deal with while you’re enjoying your deck or patio. If you have a problem with buzzing insects around your property, contact a good pest control service right away to help diagnose and eliminate the problem immediately.
Article Source: Slug-A-Bug
Home and Garden Articles1. Different Types Of Automatic Garage Door Openers And Their Safety Measure
Author: Micheal Smith
2. Starting A Gardening Business Franchise In Australia – Pros Or Cons
Author: Phil Maunder
3. Tips To Buy Or Hire Outdoor Heater
Author: Jessie Cooper
4. The Failure Reasons Of Automatic Garage Door
Author: Micheal Smith
5. 4 Amazing Tips For Better Lawn Care
Author: Michael Foley
6. Relocation Made Easy And Safe With Professional Moving Company
Author: Michael Holden
7. 6 Simple Tips To Get The Most Attractive Wooden Floors In Sunderland!
Author: Kevin Elliott
8. Add Excitement In The Space By Bringing Readymade Curtains
Author: Tanvi Gupta
9. Chest Of Drawers: The Perfect Piece Of Furniture For Storage And Decor
Author: Wooden Space
10. Top Kitchen Equipment Exporter
11. Diy Low Cost Cleaning Tips Shared By Best Sydney Apartment Cleaner
Author: Lucas Brown
12. Mosaics In Interior Designs
Author: Emily Stone
13. 5 Cheap Tips By Landscaper’s To Increase Value Of House In Inner West
Author: Ammy Hardson
14. Roof Cleaning – Make Your Home Exterior Beautiful
Author: Mike Aurtho
15. Energy Star Windows - Are They Worth It?
Author: Mary Morris